The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How comparable are dunmer and redguard for Stam DPS?

Casul
Casul
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi I currently have a stamwarden redguard. My 3 mil is 52k, 21mil is 84k. Using briarheart,relequen, Kra'gh.

If I was to swap to dunmer how much would my damage change. Reason I want to is I like magwarden for PvP, I just want to know what to expect before I make the decision.

I assume it would go down because I'm losing the regen passive from redguard but then again I'm gaining a solid 250 WD so that influences things.
Edited by Casul on July 31, 2019 3:17PM
PvP needs more love.

Best Answer

• Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your Stamina Warden is easy to sustain right now, then if all is constant, you should see a damage boost -- but most likely you'll have to use regen food and an Absorb Stamina Glyph if you don't already.

Generally, if you make the necessary sustain adjustments you should end up with slightly higher DPS.
    Edited by Vermethys on July 31, 2019 3:51PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
    Answer ✓
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermethys wrote: »
    If your Stamina Warden is easy to sustain right now, then if all is constant, you should see a damage boost -- but most likely you'll have to use regen food and an Absorb Stamina Glyph if you don't already.

Currently run dot poisons. I do my parses with lava foot so my regen is 1500ish. In actually content I run dual stat.

With that in mind I had been an orc a long time ago and ran dubious. But I was thinking that since I'm a dunmer maybe I should run vampire and get the extra regen.

I suppose I could just put a heavy attack every other rotation but God they feel so clunky and slow.

Alright well I guess I have a few days to think about it. I appreciate the response thanks.
    PvP needs more love.
  • ATreeGnome
    ATreeGnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your dummy parse DPS will likely go up noticeably as a Dunmer. In actual content it's going to depend on how many orbs you get, if anyone is running Hircine's and sentinel or symphony of blades. Dunmer will be better if your supports are optimized to help stamina builds sustain. Redguard will probably be better if you aren't get much resource support.

Definitely recommend running vamp no matter what race you pick though.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATreeGnome wrote: »
    Your dummy parse DPS will likely go up noticeably as a Dunmer. In actual content it's going to depend on how many orbs you get, if anyone is running Hircine's and sentinel or symphony of blades. Dunmer will be better if your supports are optimized to help stamina builds sustain. Redguard will probably be better if you aren't get much resource support.

Definitely recommend running vamp no matter what race you pick though.

Ok thanks for the information. That helps give me more perspective. I suppose if I was going to do content with high fire damage I could just lower my stage.
    PvP needs more love.