Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat Pet Skins

ezio45
ezio45
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Figured Id take a break from complaining about the new patch and talk about a fun thing zos could add.

Im not the first person to come up with combat pet skins but its a cool idea thats worth bringing up again.

First off, eso has a large portion off the classes having pets built into them. 3/6 of the classes have more than 1 pet skill and have them vital to a core rotation or play style. 5 out of the 12 dps class, mag/stam combos use pets. Theres also werewolf pack leader and to a lesser extent nighblade shade.

The point being there is a large portion of eso players that utilize combat pets. Which zo$ could make money from reskining

Here are some ideas for reskins

Bear: Gryphon, lion, nine tailed fox (im a naruto fan judge me....), wolf, indrik.

Twilight: Phoenix, Giant eagle, giant raven, baby gryphon, giant owl, skeletal dragon, tiny imp

netch: raven, owl, eagle, baby gryphon,

Scamp: Baby lion, baby indrik, baby wolf, plan scamp reskin

Not to mention the infinite amount of reskins of those reskins.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always found it weird that Zos just did that one horrible skin for the warden's bear. :neutral:

It would be neat if Zos would add more as achievements.
  • Cheetac19
    Cheetac19
    ✭✭✭
    I agree except I think they should go with class themes. I'm not sure I'd enjoy being a dark magic slinging sorc with a hawk and a wolf. Surely there are some other daedra we can use? Heck I'd be happy with just colour reskins.

But I do wish the warden had some different animals. That was one thing that disappointed me about the warden. Many other games your warden-like class gets to tame their companion. Or at least gets to choose it.

I want a sench friend instead of a bear :)
  • SassiestAssassin
    SassiestAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of a bear lemme have a cliff strider. So I can be even more obnoxious at crafting stations. >:)
    *slams a gallon of Respecting Support Roles juice on the table* Take a sip, babes.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should stick to class theme, but I'd love to see it.
    Different kind of daedra for sorcs. Things like a wolf or a senche for warden bear.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really would love to see this taken on step further.

Ability reskins. Maybe tied to a whole "power theme"...

Like, if you have a sorceror, and you want to go all "electromancer", get something that does your daedric and dark magic abilities with a lightning theme instead. Including summoning say, some "thunderbird" instead of a twilight, and a "storm atronarch guar" instead of a clannfear... or a "warlock" theme making all the lightning purple and dark-magicky looking... or a "destruction caster" theme with the lightning golden and the dark magic and summoning getting a "deadlands" feel with loads of lava and orange glow...

Or if you have a warden, get a option to turn it "green pact" in their nature spells, summoning a lurcher instead of a bear and dive-bombing birds instead of cliffracers and burrowing thornroots instead of bugs and... and... or a "winter is coming" theme, making all the plants snow-covered nord foresty versions, a dire wolf instead of a bear and perhaps an ice wraith instead of the burrowing bugs... or a "warm sands" theme with a senche instead of bear and elsweyr plant and animal themes...

Or if you have a templar, getting a "dibella" option that makes your spells pink and filled with love, or a "kyne" option that makes for a sky blue "storm priest" visuals, or stuff like that...
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could have a Phoenix or dragon pet I'd change my non-pet sorc to a pet sorc so damn fast.

C'mon Zos...make this happen.
    Edited by Kel on July 31, 2019 9:42PM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Replacing that jellyfish would be great, & the horrible leash animation.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind the netch so much, but having a Wolf skin for the bear would be epic. And maybe a hawk or raven skin for the cliffracer.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Here are some ideas for reskins

Bear: Gryphon, lion, nine tailed fox (im a naruto fan judge me....), wolf, indrik.

Twilight: Phoenix, Giant eagle, giant raven, baby gryphon, giant owl, skeletal dragon, tiny imp

netch: raven, owl, eagle, baby gryphon,

Scamp: Baby lion, baby indrik, baby wolf, plan scamp reskin

Not to mention the infinite amount of reskins of those reskins.
    By Azura, no! Just no! Though, it would be great to see some optional daedric varieties of daedric summons.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of a bear lemme have a cliff strider. So I can be even more obnoxious at crafting stations. >:)

Go "HAAA" on my haters.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. This has been suggested (and ignored) a million times already. ZOS doesn't seem to want to make money.

People would gladly pay crowns for just recolours, not even full reskins. Recolours literally cost nothing in terms of development hours. It would be pure profit for ZOS.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 1, 2019 5:03AM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds cool, especially if the skin also allows the pet to be un-solid around interactive items .. :)

Where's the Penguin skin?

:#
  • Welkynar
    Welkynar
    ✭✭✭
    I will always support these threads, but combat pet skins should fit with the theme of the class.