Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon Crit ?

Tycleton
Tycleton
✭✭✭
There are 4 armor sets that give wpn crit bonus twice by the 3rd piece slotted. All have jewelry and weapons available as well. They are:
Tzogvin's Warband
Storm Master
Kvatch Gladiator
Gryphon's Ferocity

This means a stamina based character could have 4 sets x 2 wpn crit slots = 8x wpn crit bonus.

Is it worth it compared to other options? On paper it appears to have great potential. I play mostly PvE.

Thank you for the time and consideration!

Tyc
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No its not worth splitting it like that. you are better of using Tzogvins Warband and theif mundus/ Precise weapons. plus another good damage set.

you could try Leviathan as well.
    Edited by LeHarrt91 on July 31, 2019 4:51AM
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can build higher crit than you’d get by mixing sets like that. I’ve played around with this type of setup:

- Base 10%
    - Major Savagery 10%
    - Minor Savagery 6%
    - Champion Points 9%
    - 7 Medium Armor 10.5%
    - Advancing Yokeda Set 16.7%
    - Leviathan Set 16.4%
    - Slimecraw Set 3.8%
    - Dual Daggers 10%
    - Precise weapon trait 7%
    - Total 99.4% Crit

You could reach 100% with Nightblade passives, but there’s really no need when any class can reach 99.4%. There’s also the Thief Mundus Stone that adds another 10.7%, but the Shadow Stone is much better. Builds like this can be fun, but in reality you’re missing out on other important stats by pouring so much into Crit. Weapon damage and Physical Penetration are also important to maximize damage.
  • Tycleton
    Tycleton
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both for the response. Just another day of learning. I appreciate the time and effort. I am daily amazed by the complexities of this game. And greatly value any and all mentors.

Tyc
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can build higher crit than you’d get by mixing sets like that. I’ve played around with this type of setup:

- Base 10%
    - Major Savagery 10%
    - Minor Savagery 6%
    - Champion Points 9%
    - 7 Medium Armor 10.5%
    - Leviathan Set 16.4%
    - Slimecraw Set 3.8%
    - Dual Daggers 10%
    - Total 99.4% Crit

You could reach 100% with Nightblade passives, but there’s really no need when any class can reach 99.4%. There’s also the Thief Mundus Stone that adds another 10.7%, but the Shadow Stone is much better. Builds like this can be fun, but in reality you’re missing out on other important stats by pouring so much into Crit. Weapon damage and Physical Penetration are also important to maximize damage.

Aren't those two mutually exclusive? AY pieces are heavy.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

- Base 10%
    - Major Savagery 10%
    - Minor Savagery 6%
    - Champion Points 9%
    - 7 Medium Armor 10.5%
    - Leviathan Set 16.4%
    - Slimecraw Set 3.8%
    - Dual Daggers 10%
    - Total 99.4% Crit

Jewelry+2 Daggers
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

- Base 10%
    - Major Savagery 10%
    - Minor Savagery 6%
    - Champion Points 9%
    - 7 Medium Armor 10.5%
    - Leviathan Set 16.4%
    - Slimecraw Set 3.8%
    - Dual Daggers 10%
    - Total 99.4% Crit

Jewelry+2 Daggers

Or chest piece, 2 jewelry and daggers. Save a transmute with that set up.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

- Base 10%
    - Major Savagery 10%
    - Minor Savagery 6%
    - Champion Points 9%
    - 7 Medium Armor 10.5%
    - Leviathan Set 16.4%
    - Slimecraw Set 3.8%
    - Dual Daggers 10%
    - Total 99.4% Crit

Jewelry+2 Daggers

Or chest piece, 2 jewelry and daggers. Save a transmute with that set up.

But that will reduce your crit to a measly 97.9%!
  • Tycleton
    Tycleton
    ✭✭✭
    So what are the target balances between Wpn Crit, Weapon damage and Physical Penetration? It appears I shouldn't put all my eggs into one basket!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tycleton wrote: »
    So what are the target balances between Wpn Crit, Weapon damage and Physical Penetration? It appears I shouldn't put all my eggs into one basket!

All my Stam toons aim for 3.1-3.5k weapon damage, 60-70% weapon crit and as close to 9k pen as possible but if you are inna good group, you can get away with 6k.