The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why does my newest character see weird purple and gold lights in first person mode?

Naftal
Naftal
✭✭✭✭✭
xtdXReB.png

These lights come from the top and bottom of the screen and move towards the middle. They're only visible with first person camera and only on this character. It's a redguard templar with some sai sahan style things on, if that matters. I have no buffs whatsoever on what might do this.

Is this a bug or some weird feature that I don't understand?

It reminds me of migraine attacks I had years ago and I'm fearing looking at stuff like this too often might trigger them again.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the Elsweyr set on you, the new sneaking one, Darloc Brae?
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of skills and gear sets display like this when in first person. The gold lights look like a healing skill.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »

I do! I must've got 5+ parts almost immediately and since it doesn't show any buff or any effect on third person, it seemed really buggy.

Thank you!
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, skooma.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    vgabor wrote: »

I do! I must've got 5+ parts almost immediately and since it doesn't show any buff or any effect on third person, it seemed really buggy.

Thank you!

I think it does show in 3rd person when you're in stealth. But, I'm not 100% certain.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get this when I zoom in -not to do with gear set.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @starkerealm You're correct, in 3rd person mode the animation happens when you are in stealth.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah durloc
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's Darloc Brae, I have the same issue in first person, even when I'm not sneaking. I have to remove a piece if I want to take a screenshot without the glowy balls.
    PC EU & NA
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darloc Brae! I'm loving that set, other than the weird visual hiccup we're discussing here. Pairs perfectly with Night's Silence and some swift jewelry, to where you can sneak at faster-than-walking speeds within an arms length of NPCs and they are none the wiser. Would be even better as a Khajiit.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skooma