Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Farm bots in Balfoyen, when will this be fixed? PS4 EU

MCBIZZLE300
MCBIZZLE300
✭✭✭✭✭
After several attempts to report these lvl 3 burner accounts that are farming nodes all day and night on a set path I'm beggining to grow frustrated. As someone who likes to farm nodes in my spare time I find it highly unfair that 90% of these nodes are bieng taken by ''farm bots''. Please zos can you address this issue i have sent you multiple reports of the accounts.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel ya pain I’m on PS4 Eu to and love to farm around betnikh it’s just impossible and stros m Kai even worse.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, eventually.

Thing is, people need to stop buying crap from these Chinese bot farmers.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spots used are always the same. ZOS should know that by now since players keep mentioning the same spots over and over again.
    Example: every time I collect the blacksmith survey report in Alik'r I see the bots in the same spot, a bit west from the blacksmith survey report nodes . Always. I keep reporting them but I can't report the account id oddly, game only allows the reporting per char... Yesterday the SAME account had at least 8 chars in that location.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel ya pain I’m on PS4 Eu to and love to farm around betnikh it’s just impossible and stros m Kai even worse.

Yes starter areas are the worst since the respawn of farming nodes is quite faster than in the rest of the world.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ZoeZio
    ZoeZio
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, eventually.

This is the problem. I see a lot of guilds in the top spots selling golden mats in high quantities. I reported some of the most obvious sellers, but nothing change, zenimix give a damn about my reports.... Bots, sellers.... Everthing stays the same :(
    Edited by ZoeZio on July 31, 2019 1:58PM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS don't care, all servers are infested with bots in the early zones where there are vast numbers of nodes easily botted.

Clearly if ZOS cared they'd have put in the detection systems that other MMOs have done .. not all, but some .. and bots would no longer be a problem.

And yes, it IS easy for the server to analyze harvesting stats and home-in on the bots, then look at the bot's data to discover links to others. The fact 5+ years after release the game is as infested as ever is clear proof ZOS don't give a carp no matter what they say to the contrary.
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alik'r desert is ridiculous. Bots running around all the dolmens leveling and nothing being done about it. There's too many to report and all it would take is a Zos game master to log in and kick them from the game.
  • veroxiousvemo
    veroxiousvemo
    ✭✭✭
    I found bots first time the other day in Grahtwood (Xbox NA). Recorded them on video and I plan to file a report but I only managed to get like 3-4 nametags :/

https://youtu.be/5zpV3v7w73s
    G'day! | Xbox NA CP1666
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are on every platform in the out of the way places. Just have to keep reporting them. They do eventually go away.

It seems PS4 is in an unenviable spot regarding bots since it's so easy to creat alt accounts on the network. At least Xbox requires unique, paid xb live accounts for each ESO account.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The answer is pretty simple. Zos know, or can know every single thing that happens on their servers. They cna definitely confirm bots.

Ban the accounts. Ban any accounts those accounts regularly (automatically) feed mats/gold to. Ban anyone who buys any of these accounts. Make it very public that they've done so.

Instead... bots bots and more bots.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bots are on all the servers. While Zos does do something about them from time to time, their prevalence and how obvious they are speaks volumes of how little Zos does.
  • Razzledazzle_dar
    Razzledazzle_dar
    ✭✭✭
    Bots are a part of being an honest farmer in this game. Sometimes, although frustrating, you have to go places with fewer nodes and harvest for longer periods of time...just because fewer nodes means fewer bots.
    AD PC/NA
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, eventually.

Or, you know, ZOS can implement anti-cheat software. These guys are using the most primitive script programs around since ESO doesn't have any kind of anti-cheat system.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 1, 2019 7:24AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found bots first time the other day in Grahtwood (Xbox NA). Recorded them on video and I plan to file a report but I only managed to get like 3-4 nametags :/

https://youtu.be/5zpV3v7w73s

Don't worry. ZOS wouln't do anything even if you provided user IDs.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 1, 2019 7:27AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alik'r desert is ridiculous. Bots running around all the dolmens leveling and nothing being done about it. There's too many to report and all it would take is a Zos game master to log in and kick them from the game.

Those bots are irrelevant as they don't hurt other players. Material farming bots actively hurt the in-game economy.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 1, 2019 7:29AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    ZOS don't care, all servers are infested with bots in the early zones where there are vast numbers of nodes easily botted.

Clearly if ZOS cared they'd have put in the detection systems that other MMOs have done .. not all, but some .. and bots would no longer be a problem.

And yes, it IS easy for the server to analyze harvesting stats and home-in on the bots, then look at the bot's data to discover links to others. The fact 5+ years after release the game is as infested as ever is clear proof ZOS don't give a carp no matter what they say to the contrary.

I loved how when that botter on PC/EU last year listed 1000+ aetherial dusts at 80% below market value for a quick cash-out, ZOS looked into it and said there was nothing suspicious about how the items were acquired. :lol:

I'm sure this user legitimately farmed 1000 aetherial dusts. That seems highly reasonable. They definitely weren't running 30 bot accounts 24/7.

The reality is that ZOS doesn't have any systems in place right now to automatically catch botters. You will find dozens of them in all the top farming zones at any given time (and those are only the ones being rendered in your instance, there are actually many more on the server).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 1, 2019 7:40AM
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doubt anything will happen tbh, all those accounts help with numbers
  • Pirateassassin3
    It wont be fixed. The bots help inflate the number of players in eso. They say millions of players, but in truth its in the high six figure number. Estimates have bot numbers at 100,000 to 300,000, depending on the time, location and server.
    They need to implement a authentication system, or verify i.p. addresses to catch multiple i.p. addresses loging on concurrently.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wont be fixed. The bots help inflate the number of players in eso. They say millions of players, but in truth its in the high six figure number. Estimates have bot numbers at 100,000 to 300,000, depending on the time, location and server.
    They need to implement a authentication system, or verify i.p. addresses to catch multiple i.p. addresses loging on concurrently.

Source? I'd like to see that documentation.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't make any technological sense, what the heck is 'IP address verification'???

They actually do check the IP address an account is logging into and will send a 2FA check if the IP hasn't been used before (I don't know what time period IPs are kept for):

" We noticed an attempt to log in to your account for The Elder Scrolls® Online from a new IP address. If you made this attempt, please enter the code below when prompted on The Elder Scrolls® Online site:"

They HAVE and authentication system, it's called a LOGIN, it has nothing to do with preventing bots!
    Edited by KerinKor on August 1, 2019 6:47PM
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except those players farming Dolmens are not bots. You can join them anytime by asking in Zone chat. Most of us just press "X" and we get invited to the group.

The Dolmen farmers that go from wayshrine to wayshrine to the various Dolmens are regular players. You level Fighters Guild too as you farm them.

Now if you are talking about something different like players that never leave a Dolmen then I agree with you. Those could be Bots. A while back....IDK...two or so years??? ZOS implemented an anti bot system for the Dolmens so if they stay in one place at a Dolmen their character is killed. That got rid of a bunch of them way back then.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on PC you can use the Addon Bot Scanner 2000 to easily report Bots. It automatically scans them and imports all the data into the report. All you have to do is right click on the Bot name in the scan window and Generate Report.