The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can you change you chosen class?

SocialAssassin
SocialAssassin
✭✭✭
Again I know this has probably been asked several times before. But I am now back to the game and I did attempt to look his up?
I know you can respec your attributes, I know you can change your race, appearance, etc. But what about your chosen class? I am currently playing a Nighblade but I would rather be playing a Necromancer. And I really don't want to have to delete my character. Because I really like her.
Edited by SocialAssassin on July 31, 2019 7:01AM
“I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett

Best Answers

• Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You'd just have to start a new character. No need to delete one as long as you have an empty slot.

Zos has said they're not looking into class change at all, just not something they want to offer.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
    Answer ✓
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. You need to make a new character.
    Answer ✓
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    You'd just have to start a new character. No need to delete one as long as you have an empty slot.

Zos has said they're not looking into class change at all, just not something they want to offer.

Okay, thank you :)
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I respect my chosen class. Magblade forever.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I respect my chosen class. Magblade forever.

Kinda worth pointing out... your actual class choice is locked, but what you do with it is not. So, for example, @Knootewoot's Magblade will always be a nightblade, but it can be respeced from Magblade to healer, stamblade, or tank. If a character isn't working out for you, you can always change it to a different build and see if that's more fun for you.