The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Level scaling and Champion Points in dungeons

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
Hello!

I am kind of confused: So far, I understand that in dungeons levels get scaled and we all are on the same “level” in the instance. For example, a level 50 player and a level 25 player.

However, do Champion Points give further advantages if we all get scaled? If I max out the CPs, is my char more powerful in the dungeons, although we all get scaled?

Thank you!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »
    If I max out the CPs, is my char more powerful in the dungeons, although we all get scaled?

Yes, no ...

- Yes, if you max out CP (currently 810) and spent all those CP points, you will be significantly more powerful than a CP160+ player that did not use their CP

- No, we aren't *all* scaled

Scaling only is in effect when you are under level 50. Once you hit level 50 and start accumulating CP points, there is NO more scaling.

Also worth noting, the whole world of Tamriel is at CP160 level, when you are below level 50, you are scaled UP to CP160 (and even actively boosted beyond that at lower levels).
    This is done to give low level players a fighting chance in the game and be able to play with higher level players without being one-shotted by mudcrabs.

A important side effect of level scaling is that the closer to level 50 you get, the less you are boosted and having armor and weapons close to your character level becomes more and more important.
    You will feel this the most when leveling from 50/CP10 to CP160. If you don't have decent gear during that time you will feel noticeably weaker than you did below 50.

And since CP160 is the cap for all of tamriel (except other players) you should hold off on trying to collect those rare gear set pieces until you reach CP160, at which point you reach end-game as far as gear is concerned and you can start collecting hard to get sets.

bye1.gif
  • Isojukka
    Isojukka
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, your character gets more and more powerful after 160cp
    Eso since Xbox launch and switched over to pc 1/2019.
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!

I am on CP 263 or something, because I am a returning player. I took a break during the Thieves Guild DLC I think.
    Edited by fetito666 on July 31, 2019 5:10AM