Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Another Anti-Ball Group idea

Dreyloch
Dreyloch
✭✭✭✭✭
Since we all know that anything ZoS puts in the game to deter ball groups ends up being used by those same groups. I am tossing out an idea. Well a couple actually...

#1 When in a group of over 12, your ultimate regen is reduced by 25% while in Cyrodiil. This will deter those 24 man+ groups from "Ulti-bombing" masses of pugs trying to defeat them. It also makes it so a smaller group of 12 and under can go against huge masses if they so wish while having the full power of chosen Ulti's, but also still being defeatable within reason.

#2 Introduce more powerful ultimates based on the ultimate you've gained. Leave all the base costs as is. But lets say (outside of WW form or Pummeling Goliath which already costs 300) you have an Ulti that costs 150 at base. When you get to 300 it becomes even stronger. When you get to 500, it gets even crazier than that. This will allow very small groups of like 6 and under to actually make a dent in huge masses of the enemy faction. Provided they have all saved up for it. It will probably hurt the 1v1 game, but that's why there's stages to it. You'd still have the power and cost of current Ulti's to use.

ZoS would have to make some adjustments, but I think it's a solid theory. Not really seeing a downside to this, but I'm sure someone can find some arguement?
"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The anti ball group was accidentally fixed months ago. It was when siege was bugged and caused tons of damage, but ZOS fixed that bug. The only bug they've actually fixed. That was a nice week when those heal spamming tower circle runners hid.
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know right ! coldfire did a large about of oblivion damage AOE, which it was supposed to do and it was a very strong anti Zerg tool. But then a bunch of 1vX streamer man babies got upset cause PuGs could actually kill them without faction zerging. It was so unfair, anyone could use siege it wasn’t overpowered at all because all had access to it. This damn game is a day care for 1vX kids.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    The anti ball group was accidentally fixed months ago. It was when siege was bugged and caused tons of damage, but ZOS fixed that bug. The only bug they've actually fixed. That was a nice week when those heal spamming tower circle runners hid.

The moment that siege damage returns or ball groups get a good counter is the moment I return to ESO.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ball groups weren’t really affected by this. We have 2-3 people in our 10-14 person group that use purge plus our templar healers running ritual and we could maneuver around pretty well anyway (lag notwithstanding). The groups that got melted were the unorganized faction zergs. It did make it significantly more difficult to enter a breach in a keep, but this affected every single player not just ball groups, to the point that factions were capping sotha before prime time (which hasn’t really stopped tbh) in order to be able to defend with OP siege all evening.

• PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Vortigaunt
    Vortigaunt
    ✭✭✭
    Hey I have an idea! It rhymes with zomb blade
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Y’all really don’t know what ball grouping is lol. You want to counter big 24 man Zergs.. which I agree with you. Ball groups are groups less than 12. Anything more is a zerg.
    You all confuse ball grouping with zerging
    Edited by frostz417 on July 30, 2019 12:57AM
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to see necro bash builds get the detonation treatment.

Vs 1 target it's weak.

Vs a zerg it becomes a nuke.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You do know a coordinated group of good players aren't just sitting outside a keep hard stacking waiting for you to fire siege at them, don't you?

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So strange to see people actively brainstorming ways to stop groups of players from working together to win fights.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The moment that siege damage returns or ball groups get a good counter is the moment I return to ESO.

But there is a counter; a better group. Hell, even a worse group with a good hit is a counter.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

But there is a counter; a better group. Hell, even a worse group with a good hit is a counter.

Sorry but there is something about being just a tiny gear in the mashine that doesn't really suit me. Maybe if I were leading a group like that... but then again - no: I prefer the thrill of combat and getting invincibility from healers pumping 20k hps into me, takes the thrill away.
  • Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    find a solution that doesnt add server calculations, or the lagg will kill you instead of the groups.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

You do know a coordinated group of good players aren't just sitting outside a keep hard stacking waiting for you to fire siege at them, don't you?

Yup, and when those "coordinated groups" would run the outer wall, they melted like ice-cream on a hot day. And they didn't come around again till the siege bug was fixed.
  • Zabania
    Zabania
    ✭✭
    /Coolstorybob
    GM and Tyran of "Unfriendly Fire" guild

La'rascasse EP
    Nadleehe EP
    Nadleehe Akwos AD
    Commander Zaban DC
    Lock on Stratos AD
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Detonation:
    Reduced the cast time of this ability and the Inevitable Detonation morph to 1 second from 1.5 seconds.
    Increased the damage of all morphs by approximately 7% to ensure they deal our AoE damage standard.
    Reduced the base cost of all morphs to 3510 from 4050.
    Removed the maximum limit to the target scaling of these abilities so they may actually combat large groups of enemies for their intended design.

That is some start.
    Edited by Juhasow on July 31, 2019 9:52AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know right ! coldfire did a large about of oblivion damage AOE, which it was supposed to do and it was a very strong anti Zerg tool. But then a bunch of 1vX streamer man babies got upset cause PuGs could actually kill them without faction zerging. It was so unfair, anyone could use siege it wasn’t overpowered at all because all had access to it. This damn game is a day care for 1vX kids.

What ? More like Xv1 day care. This game was doing all it could throughout the years to gut 1vX as hard as it could. Developers even mentioned they dont want single player or smaller groups to effectively kill larger groups.

• Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This had no effect on ball groups. We had a two hour bridge farm, at Saturday prime time, during the week of bugged siege. The siege damage made it much more entertaining. The only groups effected by this were poorly organized zerg groups.
    Edited by Ajax_22 on July 31, 2019 5:14PM
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So strange to see people actively brainstorming ways to stop groups of players from working together to win fights.

Little do they know there's no counter or nerf for skill, organization and teamwork.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah wish they brought the damage back. Made taking a keep a lot more fun and the battles were more rewarding as people couldn't just sit in siege and form ball group they had to actully be mindful of what they were doing to not get killed. But sadly the ball groups complained and ZOS nurfed the damage and gave them a hammer of the ball groups to help them to be even more annoying

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

Little do they know there's no counter or nerf for skill, organization and teamwork.

Stacking on crown and spamming heal, is the absolutely lowest form of skill.

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And this right here is the lowest form of analysis
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol so uninformed, you lack any and all forms of perspective
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You’re probably going to be surprised then by how quickly the skilled groups will adjust when 5.1 hits in a couple weeks and healing springs is no longer spammable.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What ? Most nerfs in pvp are to nerf 1vx players, not the other way around. 1vx has been nerfed so much patch after patch to the point most say solo is dead.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And this right here is the lowest form of analysis
    frostz417 wrote: »

Lol so uninformed, you lack any and all forms of perspective
    Kartalin wrote: »

You’re probably going to be surprised then by how quickly the skilled groups will adjust when 5.1 hits in a couple weeks and healing springs is no longer spammable.

I understand why you disagree. These groups will always have a spammable heal, so the one button groups will continue to stack on crown. Running around spamming your one button until your ult is ready, is not skill.

• KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭

Funny, I don’t see bad players in 10 mans wiping massive groups.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny, I see those ten man groups running away whenever another ten man group shows up.

• KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭

Funny, I see those ten man groups running away whenever another ten man group shows up.

Have you ever played in a group? We don’t pvp like we’re in line formation with Napoleon and the boys. You gotta move to chokes and los other players.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you ever played in a group? We don’t pvp like we’re in line formation with Napoleon and the boys. You gotta move to chokes and los other players.

That is exactly what those ball groups look like. They bunch in one bait ball and run around until they get killed or others get bored chasing them and leave.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ajax_22 wrote: »

This had no effect on ball groups. We had a two hour bridge farm, at Saturday prime time, during the week of bugged siege. The siege damage made it much more entertaining. The only groups effected by this were poorly organized zerg groups.

You can't convince them. They seem to be convinced they were hammering disciplined and skillful group players.

Protip: I guarantee you weren't.