The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Seperate PTS and Live install locations

SirDopey
SirDopey
✭✭✭✭✭
So this is a bit of a quality of life one... like so many of us my PC setup is a small capacity but fast SDD (500gig) supported by a 2TB hybrid HDD with only windows and my main game on SDD - everything else stored on the 2TB slower drive.

Now the PTS is invaluable for testing build changes before sinking a *** load of gold in game, so at the moment I'm copying the 80 odd gig from the HDD to the SDD whenever I need to log onto the PTS then repairing/updating, testing, removing PTS and copying files back off my SDD.

As anyone could imagine, this is quite a time consuming and just annoying process but I don't use the PTS enough to justify all that data on my SDD. Is there a file that can be tweaked or way of having both the Live and PTS installed at the same time but on 2 different drives??
NA PC | AD
xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just downloaded a new client to a separate HD and reinstalled just the PTS there. Seems to work fine and not that difficult. It would be nice if they had that feature built into the launcher but its not a ton of trouble.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I just downloaded a new client to a separate HD and reinstalled just the PTS there. Seems to work fine and not that difficult. It would be nice if they had that feature built into the launcher but its not a ton of trouble.

Duh - I hadn't even thought of doing that, certainly better than what I'm doing now
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx