Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Changes to Jewelry Crafting Daily Writ Rewards - PTS Patch Notes 5.1.3

tmbrinks
tmbrinks
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
euTc2wQ.jpg

Will have to see what the drop rates are, but this certainly feels like a step in the right direction
Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
61,215 achievement points
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks This is great, a step in the right direction.
    I'll wait for your PTS stats, mate!
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess it's time to finally get my alts up to level 50 in JC. I've beeb unconcerned and left them all doing level 1 writs since master writs were worthless...

The guaranteed grain at level 5 is enough incentive for me to do it now, I guess.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VcABz1p.jpg

I currently have 21 characters who are at level 50 in Jewelry crafting and doing Tier 5 writs. I ran them through their jewelry writs today on the PTS and the results above are what I got.

Observations:

* Every character did in fact get a grain of some sort, none missed out
    * I received 2 "double grains" both of them were Zircon
    * I received NO platings, but ZoS did say "very rare" which usually means <<1% chance (similar to the clam gall and powdered mother of pearl from alchemy I'd imagine, I seem to get 1 of those every 100-200 alchemy writs)
    * THIS IS A VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY small sample size. The percentages are nowhere near "determined"
    * The percentages can add to more than 100% since there are double drops
    * I also ran 8 of my other Tier 1 characters through the JC writs, I got no grains of any variety, so I stopped.

I will try and do them again tomorrow, but with a vacation the end of this week into the weekend, don't know how much more I'll do.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Guess it's time to finally get my alts up to level 50 in JC. I've beeb unconcerned and left them all doing level 1 writs since master writs were worthless...

The guaranteed grain at level 5 is enough incentive for me to do it now, I guess.

I have found that leveling this is quite challenging, even when doconstructing all the drops I get otherwise. Any tips to speed leveling JC up?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like it, with this change we won't see any more JC drop rate posts which I enjoy.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say, is how come it took so long for them to do this?????
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have found that leveling this is quite challenging, even when doconstructing all the drops I get otherwise. Any tips to speed leveling JC up?

Alik'r dolmen grind isn't bad.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure to be honest. I leveled all my alts to level 10+ just to be able to certify them for daily writs without actually needing to craft anything. I did this by saving all my intricate/ornate jewelry from turning in daily writs on my main.

I'm going to experiment by crafting a bunch of CP150 rings on my main and seeing what the inspiration return is on my alts, then finish them off with whatever jewelry I collect from PvE adventures.

Another way to acquire jewelry pretty quickly is to buy treasure maps from the guild stores. If you have ESO+ and can pay less than 100 per map, you're guaranteed to get your gold back just from the actual gold inside the chests (I think it's 126 gold?). All the other items that drop are just a bonus. I ran >1,000 maps earlier this year during a period of extended boredom, and (anecdotally) got some form of jewelry ~50% of the time. Sometimes it was a set piece, sometimes it was just a generic ring/neck.

I don't have any hard facts to back this up, but it seemed to be a higher rate of jewelry return on starter area maps (Bal Foyen, Betnikh, Bleakrock, Stros M'Kai, Kenarthi's Roost). I'm assuming this is because there's only one possible set (Trainee) so the RNG for potential drops is far less (1 set instead of 3 + only 1 trait possible for weapons/gear). Plus, starter area maps generally sell for less because the Trainee Set really isn't valued compared to, say, sets from Bangkorai or Deshaan. Plus the zones are smaller and the maps, for the most part, require less travel distance from wayshrines.

Last I checked I had 748 malachite shards needing refined that I had collected from those treasure maps too. So there are lots of fringe benefits.

The key is go on a buying spree of maps only from one zone. Set a price limit, and go searching. I would load up my mail inbox with 30-50 maps of one or two zones and collect them all, sell/decon the gear, then hit the trader circuit again. Another way would be to make several rounds through the traders and create a massive backlog of maps in your mail box. Your inbox might show as 'full' but once you clear out the visible ones the others will populate. This way you can maximize your efficiency.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any tips to speed leveling JC up?

@Feric51, the fastest way to level up JC is buying purple 3-trait Eagle Eye gear coffers in Bruma. It probably can be done in an hour or less with sufficient AP and open character inventory space.

That’s what my crafting main did the day Summerset patch dropped. Expect to spend somewhere between 5.5 and 6 million AP for a fully leveled JC craft.

Incidentally, if you keep unlocking the JC decon passives as soon as available, you’ll get a lot of Zircon dust while leveling.

Not many players PvP and are Master Crafters at the same time, however. So, it’s of limited use for those that don’t PvP.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5611374#Comment_5611374
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 30, 2019 10:08PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    VcABz1p.jpg

I currently have 21 characters who are at level 50 in Jewelry crafting and doing Tier 5 writs. I ran them through their jewelry writs today on the PTS and the results above are what I got.

Observations:

* I received NO platings, but ZoS did say "very rare" which usually means <<1% chance (similar to the clam gall and powdered mother of pearl from alchemy I'd imagine, I seem to get 1 of those every 100-200 alchemy writs)
    * THIS IS A VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY small sample size. The percentages are nowhere near "determined"
    * I also ran 8 of my other Tier 1 characters through the JC writs, I got no grains of any variety, so I stopped.

I will try and do them again tomorrow, but with a vacation the end of this week into the weekend, don't know how much more I'll do.

My main concern was that we would be getting lower tier grains but at the cost of fewer chromium grains. While that would be great in the short term, it wouldn't take long for people to get sick of green and blue tier. From the numbers provided it looks like chromium drop rates will hopefully remain the same with the lower tiers filling in for the times we currently don't get a grain at all. Once it goes live and we can get a larger sample size we'll know for sure. Regardless of the effect on chromium, this definitely looks to infuse a significant number of zircon grains into the economy which will help.

As good as this change can potentially be, I was kind of hoping they would just add a hireling to basically perform this function. In a way this looks very similar to the sort of extra material we would expect to see from a hireling mail each day, except it is tied to the writ instead.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities I’ve heard that is a good option, but across all my 14 characters, I have a career earnings of less than 250k AP. I don’t like to PvP (obviously).

I supposed I could pay someone else to buy them for me, but I’d rather save my gold and grind treasure maps or dolmens.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Feric51, the fastest way to level up JC is buying purple 3-trait Eagle Eye gear coffers in Bruma. It probably can be done in an hour or less with sufficient AP and open character inventory space.

That’s what my crafting main did the day Summerset patch dropped. Expect to spend somewhere between 5.5 and 6 million AP for a fully leveled JC craft.

Incidentally, if you keep unlocking the JC decon passives as soon as available, you’ll get a lot of Zircon dust while leveling.

Not many players PvP and are Master Crafters at the same time, however. So, it’s of limited use for those that don’t PvP.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5611374#Comment_5611374

Thanks, but I am lousy at PvP, so I will have to go the old fashioned slow way, unfortunately.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, but I am lousy at PvP, so I will have to go the old fashioned slow way, unfortunately.

It's reckoned to take 2-4 hours to get 100K AP -- https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6226552/#Comment_6226552

6 million AP would be around 180 hours. So I think this strategy doesn't matter if you're good at PvP or not. It's not a reasonable strategy.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 31, 2019 2:07AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks Thanks for the report. By your gathered data it seems that crafting writs at the highest tier is the best option, which is in line with what happens with the other crafting.

@FlopsyPrince I did this for all my chars and I'm currently just leveling my stamcro:

a) Alik'r dolmen run (at least 1 guaranteed jewelry drop per dolmen + Fighters Guild leveling)
    b) Normal and vet random daily dungeon
    c) All intricate jewelry I got from doing daily writs
    d) Collected as many treasure maps as I could

Buying coffers with AP is also a viable option but personally I rather spent my AP on other things.

Edited by redlink1979 on July 31, 2019 9:28AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VcABz1p.jpg

Observations:

Looks promising. Thanks for the info.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fastest way if you have the gold is buying intricate gear from guild traders

Alternative is if you other other lvl 50 jewelry crafting on another toon, craft co 150 rings and decon, a friend can also make it for you to deconn

If you have ap, go to a farm in pvp and buying the 3 piece sets and you'll get plenty of jewelry, obviously very ap costly

Slow methods are farming dolmen, picking up any jewelry from monsters and bosses. I do not recommend this method as this is slow. Just make the money and buy jewelry crafting to 50
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »

Alternative is if you other other lvl 50 jewelry crafting on another toon, craft co 150 rings and decon, a friend can also make it for you to deconn

If you have ap, go to a farm in pvp and buying the 3 piece sets and you'll get plenty of jewelry, obviously very ap costly

Slow methods are farming dolmen, picking up any jewelry from monsters and bosses. I do not recommend this method as this is slow. Just make the money and buy jewelry crafting to 50

If you do decon Dolmen or Dropped gear, I would still recommend deconning Purple quality and higher on a character with the max extraction passive for the zircon and chromium dust, then use that gold to just buy other jewelry (intricates) to decon, you'll come out ahead
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It really shouldn't take too long. My necromancer, created of course when Elsweyr dropped on PC, is at 49 in JC. This is from deconstructing intricates and ornates from the other characters doing jewelry writs, and for the first month one of my other characters was getting platinum intricates.
    That's from 10 characters doing writs, 7 at level 1,1 at level 2, and 2 at level 5.
    Edited by kringled_1 on July 31, 2019 2:36PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »

Unless they changed something, there is a cap on inspiration gained by a single decon. The cap is based on your jewelry crafting level. I found this to mean that a decon of an intricate piece of jewelry often gained me no more inspiration than a piece of white, non-intricate jewelry. You hit that inspiration cap and most of the potential inspiration of the intricate decon is lost.

Basically, I don't think intricate gear is worth it until your jewelry crafting level is already quite advanced. It is good to speed up the last few levels, but kind of a waste of money for most of the leveling process. I think buying the jewelry to decon is still fastest method, just not necessarily intricate.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cXwL9BJ.jpg

Added Day 2 of PTS JC Testing

* Still a VERY, VERY, VERY small sample size.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cXwL9BJ.jpg

Added Day 2 of PTS JC Testing

* Still a VERY, VERY, VERY small sample size.

Thanks for taking the time to post these results. :)
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @SoLooney Those fastest ways might not be the best option to players who don't have a good amount of gold/AP stored.

@kringled_1 That's how I level my chars: every char does writs daily (5 at level 5, 1 at level 2 and 1 at level 3, leveling char is at 1 atm) - the leveling char deconstructs all the intricate items + blue n purple jewelry dropped in random daily dungeon (normal n vet, depending on the char's prog)

@tmbrinks Thanks for keeping uploading your data.
    Edited by redlink1979 on August 1, 2019 9:47AM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    h5gKlTJ.jpg

Day 3. Got an Iridium Plating today (1 in 63 so far)

Again, just to reiterate, this is a very, very, small sample size.
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fastest way to power level jewelry is actually to Decon 530 cp150 rings to go from 1-50.
    Have a character you already have at max jewelry crafting or trusted guildie/friend to make them for you.
    It takes 5,300 plat ounces to do this. They sell for about 9g each on the cheap end. This will cost around 47.000 gold to do.
    You will make that money back so fast if you do writs everyday.

If you wait until next update this will get SOOO much faster to do with the new multi craft options.
    Edited by Inklings on August 2, 2019 3:07AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    h5gKlTJ.jpg

Day 3. Got an Iridium Plating today (1 in 63 so far)

Again, just to reiterate, this is a very, very, small sample size.

Thanks again. I would figure any Plating will have a small chance of happening. Probably 1-2% overall if we are lucky.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »

The fastest way to power level jewelry is actually to Decon 530 cp150 rings to go from 1-50.
    Have a character you already have at max jewelry crafting or trusted guildie/friend to make them for you.
    It takes 5,300 plat ounces to do this. They sell for about 9g each on the cheap end. This will cost around 47.000 gold to do.

If you wait until next update this will get SOOO much faster to do with the new multi craft options.

Can I make my own rings to decon (different characters, but same account)? The first one would still be tough, but I have plenty of platinum now for the most part. I seem to get that more as gathering mats as well, in my own purely unscientific anecdote.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I make my own rings to decon (different characters, but same account)? The first one would still be tough, but I have plenty of platinum now for the most part. I seem to get that more as gathering mats as well, in my own purely unscientific anecdote.

Yes, as long as they are made on a different character, you'll get the full Inspiration for deconning them.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back from a short vacation, added a 4th day. 84 total tier 5 JC daily writs.

LaLRgty.jpg
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

If I recall correctly, ESO+ gives you a 10% inspiration bonus and if you put 30 CP in the Tower you'll get a 30% bonus. Orcs also get a crafting inspiration bonus of 10%.

The only problem with crafting so many rings is storage. They don't stack so you have to move them 1 at a time.