The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We need a new Solo Arena

gamerguy757
gamerguy757
✭✭✭✭✭
So with VMA being several years old now...I think it’s time we got a new solo Arena. Harder, new mechanics and new rewards! I mean come on...am I the only that gets a bit tired of VMA? Wishing for something new?

Rewards:
Sword/Mace
Taunting and already taunted enemy will place a mark above the target. The marked target will take 3% more damage.

Axe/Dagger
Shrouded Daggers and it’s morphs cost 10% less and every 3rd cast will always deal a Critical Strike

Bow
Poison Arrow and it’s morphs will deal double damage to enemies that already have a status effect.

Shield
Damage dealt from Shield Charge and it’s morphs are increased by 50%

Greatsword/Battleaxe/Maul
Values from the Passive Heavy Weapons are increased by 25%

Restoration Staff
Using Rapid Regeneration and it’s morphs increase healing by 10% and will always affect the caster

Destruction Staff
Enemies affected by Weakness to Elements and it’s morphs will also be affected by Minor StaminaSteal, restoring [x] Stamina per light attack.

Edited by gamerguy757 on July 30, 2019 12:37PM
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed. I find it odd that there is literally only one Solo Arena.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    There is rumors about a new solo arena by the end of the year of dragon
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    danara wrote: »
    There is rumors about a new solo arena by the end of the year of dragon

Solo arena with next dlc will be better
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like something a bit shorter than Maelstrom arena, but maybe more randomized. E.g., each stage can have one of 3 possible end bosses or something. So each run feels a bit more unique.

As for rewards, I'd love it if these were updated regularly. Maelstrom is the only endgame activity you can do on your own, but the rewards haven't changed or been expanded. Ideally, I think you should get a currency per run and have a merchant where you can turn them in for all kinds of rewards, like the voucher vendor (Rolis Hlaalu?) for master writs.

And not just gear, also add motifs and such.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if another pair of special weapons arrive, it will have to use the skill that is not currently taken by other weapons. This means:

2h: momentum
    1hs: power bash
    dw: throw dagger
    bow: snipe
    destro: weakness to elements
    resto: force siphon
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they're just going to fill it full of tiresome one-shot mechanics, don't bother!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if it's implemented with comparable or higher difficulty to the original VMA.

Faulgor wrote: »
    I'd like something a bit shorter than Maelstrom arena, but maybe more randomized. E.g., each stage can have one of 3 possible end bosses or something. So each run feels a bit more unique.

As for rewards, I'd love it if these were updated regularly. Maelstrom is the only endgame activity you can do on your own, but the rewards haven't changed or been expanded. Ideally, I think you should get a currency per run and have a merchant where you can turn them in for all kinds of rewards, like the voucher vendor (Rolis Hlaalu?) for master writs.

And not just gear, also add motifs and such.

You'd not be able to have leaderboards due to the rng of outcomes.

Though, it would make it more interesting as mini game style thing that rewarded prizes or something instead of weapons and gear like it currently does.

Also, MSA gets completed in 20 minutes now, I'd at a minimum double that run time (based on top VMA runs).
    Edited by BNOC on July 30, 2019 1:22PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Higano
    Higano
    Soul Shriven
    I would welcome a solo arena with open arms, and I believe a lot of players requested for one, but the suggested rewards are definitely not gonna happen. Not only because that's not how sets work (1h being different sets), but because there's only 1 weapon skill that doesn't have a alterning-effect weapon in each of the skill lines. The abilities are:
    • Momentum
    • Power Bash
    • Shrouded Daggers (mentionned, so it's good)
    • Snipe
    • Weakness to Elements (mentionned as well)
    • Force Syphon
    Unless Zos changes things up, I believe these skills will be affected by the next set of ability-alterning weapons.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow
    Poison Arrow and it’s morphs will deal double damage to enemies that already have a status effect.

Would be the meta bow
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Higano wrote: »
    I would welcome a solo arena with open arms, and I believe a lot of players requested for one, but the suggested rewards are definitely not gonna happen. Not only because that's not how sets work (1h being different sets), but because there's only 1 weapon skill that doesn't have a alterning-effect weapon in each of the skill lines. The abilities are:
    • Momentum
    • Power Bash
    • Shrouded Daggers (mentionned, so it's good)
    • Snipe
    • Weakness to Elements (mentionned as well)
    • Force Syphon
    Unless Zos changes things up, I believe these skills will be affected by the next set of ability-alterning weapons.

Fair point:
    Two Handed
    When using Momentum and either of it’s Morphs, whichever Morph you use, receive the effect from the other Morph as well.

Power Bash
    When dealing damage using Power Bash or either of it’s Morphs, inflicting Minor Maim, lowering damage by 8%. This can only be applied once every 5s.

Bow
    Cast time for Snipe and it’s Morphs are reduced by 0.3s, but damage is reduced by 20%.

Restoration Staff
    When afflicting enemies with Force Siphon or it’s morphs, allies who receive healing from the Skill are granted Minor Force.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zos already Nerfed arena weapons because they are lazy af, rather then adjusting what needed to be.

I was all for a new solo arena that was much more complicated then VMA. But with how Zos is watering down their game for casual players there is no point.

The classes and the game are becoming bland because Zos doesn't bother keeping the dlcs updated, the combat in PvP interesting, and the game's performance is garbage.

They are greedy and lazy when it comes to putting any real effort into this game.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So with VMA being several years old now...I think it’s time we got a new solo Arena. Harder, new mechanics and new rewards! I mean come on...am I the only that gets a bit tired of VMA? Wishing for something new?

Rewards:
    Sword/Mace
    Taunting and already taunted enemy will place a mark above the target. The marked target will take 3% more damage.

Axe/Dagger
    Shrouded Daggers and it’s morphs cost 10% less and every 3rd cast will always deal a Critical Strike

Bow

Shield
    Damage dealt from Shield Charge and it’s morphs are increased by 50%

Greatsword/Battleaxe/Maul
    Values from the Passive Heavy Weapons are increased by 25%

Restoration Staff
    Using Rapid Regeneration and it’s morphs increase healing by 10% and will always affect the caster

Destruction Staff
    Enemies affected by Weakness to Elements and it’s morphs will also be affected by Minor StaminaSteal, restoring [x] Stamina per light attack.

I want a new solo arena so much! The rewards you suggested look kinda wack though especially the destruction staff.
    Edited by MCBIZZLE300 on July 30, 2019 2:36PM
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When they make a Skyrim expansion I think the trip up to High Hrothgar would make a fantastic solo ‘arena’ or in this case it’d be more like a solo trial.
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a new arena, but as far as arena weapons go I'm not too optimistic about that. I would prefer the idea of other non-gear based rewards.
    Edited by Muzzick on July 30, 2019 3:32PM
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    if another pair of special weapons arrive, it will have to use the skill that is not currently taken by other weapons. This means:

2h: momentum
    1hs: power bash
    dw: throw dagger
    bow: snipe
    destro: weakness to elements
    resto: force siphon
    Snipe: Each consecutive snipe you use will stack, causing each hit to decrease by 20% and will stack to a max of 100%, you trash rat from oblivion.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • blnchk
      blnchk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      First, a token system to combat RNG. Then, gladly, more arenas.
    • jecks33
      jecks33
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      A new solo arena would be very good!

vMa is boring after 200 runs...
      PC-EU
    • UrbanMonk
      UrbanMonk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nice ideas there OP. I didn't purchase the Elswyr cause, nothing interesting for me in this chapter. However I'd be willing to buy a new DLC/ Chapter with a solo Arena.
      Yeah vMA is boring now with so many times already done, but sometimes if you want to kill time and don't want to do something in a group, it's a great escape.
      Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
      -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
      -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
      -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
      -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
      Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
    • labambao
      labambao
      ✭✭✭✭
      Solo pvp arena. With hidden enemy name and rankings. And with some specials each week, like
      Week 1: nocp
      Week 2: cannot use potions
      Week 3: both of that
      Week 4: nothing
      Week 5: healing debuff 90%
      Etc
    • CMDR_Un1k0rn
      CMDR_Un1k0rn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      MattT1988 wrote: »
      When they make a Skyrim expansion I think the trip up to High Hrothgar would make a fantastic solo ‘arena’ or in this case it’d be more like a solo trial.

I disagree. High Hrothgar is a sanctum of peace. I can't thing of a worse setting for an Arena.

Best place in Skyrim would be Windhelm. It was cut from the game, but in TES V Skyrim, there actually was going to be an arena similar to Oblivion's Imperial City Arena. In fact some of it is in the game files, and there are mods that partially restore it.

There's no reason an Arena can't be added to a base game zone as part of an expansion. Such already happened with the Thieve's Guild expansion in the form of MoL in Reaper's March.
      In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
    • unclesheosnephew
      unclesheosnephew
      ✭✭✭
      i agree 100% and I think that might be what we get next year
    • Supernatural
      Supernatural
      ✭✭✭✭
      I would not mind a new solo arena, but I would much rather have a 2-man arena. Would be really interesting for sure.
      Maelstrom Arena - World's First Nightblade 600k Score - 02/18/2017
    • luen79rwb17_ESO
      luen79rwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hell yeah, give us a new solo Arena asap please! It's been years since I last went into vMSA. Did so many runs during the "ZOMG sharpened Inferno" days and it's great to spend some spare time in a self tortute trial lol
      PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    • oxygen_thief
      oxygen_thief
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i dont need it. arenas are long and boring thing and as a cherry on the top they have some wild rnd.
    • FinneganFroth
      FinneganFroth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I couldn't agree more. I was just thinking this the other day as I was watching the Bethesda Twitch stream talking about Orsinium.
    • Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Please yes. As a solo player (mainly) I'd love something new and rewarding.
      Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    • Avnr
      Avnr
      ✭✭✭
      Need reward , taking the 186 wd/sd from the maelstrom weapons gave me no drive to do it again
      Workes to hard , spend time posions rpr cost... for nothing
      NOT ACHIVMENT FELLA