The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr barstools bugged?

taco_suave
taco_suave
✭✭
Wanted a sanity check... got 4 elsweyr wood barstools, but get no option for them to turn green for placement, and subsequently can't sit on them. I can put down other chairs in the same place just fine and sit, but not these. Took them to another property and couldn't get them to work... are they just decoration/no ability to sit?

Thnx for responses.....
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Which ones are they?

There are two types.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, coming to think of it, the Khajiit barstools aren't interactable, either.
  • taco_suave
    taco_suave
    ✭✭
    Both Elsweyr barstool styles are working, and yeah, tried a Khajiit one too, didn't work either...

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Both of the Elsweyr ones are not working?

If so, I would be inclined to think that they're not intended to work?

If you think about it, they would have to have a separate sit animation for them, as they are higher, so maybe they just didn't bother?

I don't know that for sure, though.

One of the Redguard sofas (the modular one) wasn't interactable, for ages, then it was and that was obviously a lower seat, like most of the others.
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 30, 2019 5:26PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's only the one sitting animation, so any chairs that are higher or lower than "standard" aren't usable. That applies to the barstools, which are too high, and also the Argonian seats that are too low, and a few others. It's a pity that you don't get any option with those pieces to place the seating surface at standard height, and either sink the legs, or add in a spacer, to make them usable.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are no "sittable" bar stools in the game.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • taco_suave
    taco_suave
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the explanations!