The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The ultimate grind.

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So guys, I decided to get Hunding's Palatial Hall yesterday.

Now because of this, I feel obligated to grind for Master Angler, because private beach = boat.

Any tips for fishing in ESO? I've only really done it on the starter islands and by some fluke got the rare fish on them, but there are obviously a lot more rares in the main zones.

Do I have to fish the DLC zones for the achievement or is it only base game zones?
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can check the achievement by hitting ' J ' and selecting the achievements tab as far as the zone requirements.

I recommend checking google - there are some good fishing guides. Fishing itself is easy. Using the correct bait at the specific fishing location (salt water, river, lake etc) is the only issue. There are some good urls that will give you the break down.

:#
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Base Zones only, and there is some type of food that will help with Rare Fish % -- I'll see if I can find the name

This guys post is helpful
    Edited by Donny_Vito on July 30, 2019 12:44PM
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    Base Zones only, and there is some type of food that will help with Rare Fish % -- I'll see if I can find the name

That would be helpful, thank you. :)
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • TeamSeinfeld
    TeamSeinfeld
    ✭✭✭
    Artaeum pickled fish bowl is the food. Helped me get all the rare fish at least twice as fast. Otherwise just think of it as a relaxing pastime. I listened to music or podcasts to pass the time. The only down side is waiting for the blue rare fish and occasionally pulling up a “Blue Fish”, which is just a fish for housing but not the actual rare fish you need to catch. My eyes were so focused on seeing blue letters. Nightmares thinking of those times.
  • Higano
    Higano
    Soul Shriven
    As TeamSeinfeld mentionned, Artaeum pickled fish really does help. I really recommend you read the forum post linked by Donny, as it as some useful informations regarding Master Angler, including graphs and tips. There's also a rare fish tracker addon if you're playing on pc that will, well, keep track of the fishes you still need from each zones.

This achievement really is time consuming, but it's something nice to work once the side whenever you have down time in the game.

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Netflix/Hulu will be your greatest ally in this achievement.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Netflix/Hulu will be your greatest ally in this achievement.

I got the achievement when I was still studying in university so I always had a lot of readings to do. Reading while fishing is really relaxing imo and is another option for things to do
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Votan's Fisherman addon can ring a sound that fish need to be reeled up, so you can watch Netflix/read a book on second monitor and still fish with one finger without even looking at the screen.