Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are my resistances so low now?

Cydone
Cydone
✭✭✭✭
I have been away from the game for about 2 years. Just started getting back into it a couple months ago, starting over from PC on PS4. I am at c265. But, on my stamblade, which was built exactly like my PC version, only has 10k physical and spell resists. On PC I was like c600, but I NEVER put cp into resists and if memory serves me correctly, I was at like 12-13k on both resists with 5p med armor. Was something changed on this? My armor is always fully repaired. Is at c160. But, I'm sitting at 10k resists. I love pvp, but I am getting nuked like no other out there and the only thing I can tell, beyond "normal" desync and lag, is that my resists and cp are low. Please help!
Edited by Cydone on July 30, 2019 7:29AM

Best Answer

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equipping 1 piece Chudan / 1 piece Pirate Skeleton / 1 piece Lord Warden, whatever the weight, will get you to about what your resistances would be in 5 Heavy. That's probably the quickest, lowest impact fix, if you have the pieces. If not, perhaps you should swap out a set for 5 piece Fortified Brass, which is craftable. If you can't make room for 5 pieces, perhaps you can make room for 2 or 3 piece Adept Rider or Alessian Order.

There is also transmutation of your jewelry to the Protective trait, although its value is being reduced in the forthcoming update, so it might not be worth the 150 crystals in the long run for you.

These measures may be sufficient to prevent you from getting nuked while you figure out how to adapt in the current environment. I would also of course recommend just putting more points into Health if you have to.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Answer ✓
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems weird

If you get nuked you can always go heavy

Or go shuffle next patch
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is 10k resists normal for full med armor now?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One thing that might help though it’s not answering your question. The Bow proc was changed to give 3% mitigation per stack, so at 5 stacks you’ll be at 15% mitigation.

While it doesn’t sound like much, in pvp penetration’s king for damage and most players will have more then 10k penetration.

That means at your resistance level you’re the equivalent of running around naked for defense. Building and holding stacks until the right time will be a lot more effective for defence.

Oh, and don’t forget to use a shadow ability every 8 seconds for the resistance buff.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 30, 2019 8:25AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »

my med build has about 20k resist (i'm a Nord tho). heavy goes 25k and beyond usually. veteran player are around 30k everything considered.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

my med build has about 20k resist (i'm a Nord tho). heavy goes 25k and beyond usually. veteran player are around 30k everything considered.

Nord only adds like 4k tho. That would put me at 14k, not 20k. Are you putting cp into resists?
    Edited by Cydone on July 30, 2019 3:00PM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

Nord only adds like 4k tho. That would put me at 14k, not 20k. Are you putting cp into resists?

You have a passive that increases your resists by 5k every time you use a shadow ability. Most people infer their max buffed stats on forums as saying base stats doesn't convey points well.
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for cp pvp? (assuming self buff) hell no most people have 4k pen from cp points and 4k from a maul, so you basically have paper for armor with 10k resistances. ATM people use protective on jewelry but thats getting cut to only 1k from 1.7k so i think people will be squishier in light/med (assuming people transmute protec next patch) people will have 5k less resistances. So most people will probably sit at 20k -18k but the counter to less tankiness is self healing; rapid regen/vigor/class heal are gonna hit way harder.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you repair all your armor?
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Did you repair all your armor?

As I said in the OP, it's always fully repaired.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People are running a lot of pen now because people are running high resists now. 10k resists just won’t cut it. You might have been able to get by with 10k 2 years ago but people also have more cp to tinker around with. 265cp just won’t cut it.

I think at 300 cp you get a 20% buff on all your flat stats all across your build. Less than 300 is just walking AP. A 200 cp NB tried to gank me at crops and got beat silly lol. I’m max cp lol.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been away from the game for about 2 years. Just started getting back into it a couple months ago, starting over from PC on PS4. I am at c265. But, on my stamblade, which was built exactly like my PC version, only has 10k physical and spell resists. On PC I was like c600, but I NEVER put cp into resists and if memory serves me correctly, I was at like 12-13k on both resists with 5p med armor. Was something changed on this? My armor is always fully repaired. Is at c160. But, I'm sitting at 10k resists. I love pvp, but I am getting nuked like no other out there and the only thing I can tell, beyond "normal" desync and lag, is that my resists and cp are low. Please help!

Check if you get hit by new dots. Currently each dot deals minimal of 20k in pvp and with 10k resist you are a free kill now as mere 2 dots can kill you and no need for burst combos. Also, make sure you have impen gear used. Also, for 260 cp, maube non cp pvp seems better option for you, becaue most people in cp pvp have atleast 10k penetration making naked when you fight them.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭

Check if you get hit by new dots. Currently each dot deals minimal of 20k in pvp and with 10k resist you are a free kill now as mere 2 dots can kill you and no need for burst combos. Also, make sure you have impen gear used. Also, for 260 cp, maube non cp pvp seems better option for you, becaue most people in cp pvp have atleast 10k penetration making naked when you fight them.

This post was from like 2 weeks ago, before the patch hit. I have since quit PS4 ESO and bought a gaming PC again. And yeah for whatever reason my stamblades resistances are a lil over 13k in all med with no cp in additional resists. But it's w/e. Don't have to worry about console ESO anymore lol