The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EHT problem

TheImperfect
TheImperfect
✭✭✭✭✭
I used the extended housing tool to place a sigil on an upper story floor. It was fine a week ago.

Today I went to my house and now it can be seen through the ceiling of the floor below. It seems like it's floating and visible through all items whereas before it was definitely under items where I placed it.

I tried deleting it and replacing it but that didn't work.

Does anyone know how to fix it? Are other people having the same issue?
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K <bat signal>
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K <bat signal>

What does this mean?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    @R_K <bat signal>

What does this mean?

I think they were trying to summon the EHT addon creator in a humorous way, like Gotham city summons Batman :smiley:

On topic, have you changed your video settings by any chance? I used to have this problem because my subsampling quality was set to medium; once I changed it to high, I couldn't see the effect through other structures anymore.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StabbityDoom ...you rang? ;)

@mrsrobot What @Jaimeh said ;)

9 times out of 10 that's a sign that your Settings | Video | SubSampling Quality is not set to High. It must be set to High in order for FX to work properly. <3
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    @StabbityDoom ...you rang? ;)

@mrsrobot What @Jaimeh said ;)

9 times out of 10 that's a sign that your Settings | Video | SubSampling Quality is not set to High. It must be set to High in order for FX to work properly. <3

OK thank you very much for this advice, I will check. I haven't changed anything but maybe it got changed somehow.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you recently update windows? Sometimes that can cause a difference in settings. Which is why I don't let windows auto-update anything.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah windows has updated. I haven't been back to check yet but I have tweaked my graphics settings to make everything prettier. The subsampling is correct.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked tonight and subsampling is set to high but it is still not looking as it did.
    The effect is interesting and its almost like the sigil follows you around so I have left it. I preferred it as it was but it still sort of works but not as nicely.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mrsrobot Question - would you be able to post a screen shot of what this looks like? I would like to see it if at all possible.

Also, if you could maybe Share with Email your home's FX to me (@Cardinal05), I could then come and see it for myself which would be even more awesome to help troubleshoot this. <3
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mrsrobot Question - would you be able to post a screen shot of what this looks like? I would like to see it if at all possible.

Also, if you could maybe Share with Email your home's FX to me (@Cardinal05), I could then come and see it for myself which would be even more awesome to help troubleshoot this. <3

OK thanks for helping, I will do that as soon as I am able.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't send a message to you maybe you are on a differen't server. I'm on PC-EU. The effects settings are:
    EHTFX40 .,>*Rkz %^fUd&;0uzw<&A2Ur?$&1gkO><&BTFj5L4k2yR"!!1S$
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://ibb.co/pWbCZ33
    https://ibb.co/PWmfRZ8
    https://ibb.co/vPsSZbH

The first image shows that it's now visible through the ceiling downstairs whereas before it was just under the furniture upstairs but couldn't be seen downstairs.

The other two images show that when near to the sigil it seems to follow my character around whereas before it was static.
    As I said it's still an interesting and magical effect. Maybe warding my house does that and it follows intruders around.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mrsrobot Thank you so much for posting those, I really appreciate it.

So this is particularly strange. The phenomenon that you are seeing - where an effect is omnipresent, so to speak - usually only happens when the Settings | Video | SubSampling Quality option is not set to High.

I will check to see if there are any scenarios that I can run through that can otherwise reproduce this behavior, but in the meantime I would suggest doing this:

Change that SubSampling Quality setting to anything else - say, Medium - and then change it back to High (Just in case it's set to some other value but the UI is still representing it as High).

Also, I would recommend disabling all other Add-ons but Essential Housing Tools, reloading the UI and seeing if the problem persists. If you find that there is a particular Add-on that is interfering with EHT, I always welcome that sort of information as it gives me the opportunity to download and install the conflicting Add-on to see if there is anything that I can do from my end to eliminate the conflict.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or if you find any conflicting Add-ons. <3
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mrsrobot Thank you so much for posting those, I really appreciate it.

So this is particularly strange. The phenomenon that you are seeing - where an effect is omnipresent, so to speak - usually only happens when the Settings | Video | SubSampling Quality option is not set to High.

I will check to see if there are any scenarios that I can run through that can otherwise reproduce this behavior, but in the meantime I would suggest doing this:

Change that SubSampling Quality setting to anything else - say, Medium - and then change it back to High (Just in case it's set to some other value but the UI is still representing it as High).

Also, I would recommend disabling all other Add-ons but Essential Housing Tools, reloading the UI and seeing if the problem persists. If you find that there is a particular Add-on that is interfering with EHT, I always welcome that sort of information as it gives me the opportunity to download and install the conflicting Add-on to see if there is anything that I can do from my end to eliminate the conflict.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or if you find any conflicting Add-ons. <3

OK thanks very much, I will try that when I get home from work.
  • GummyBuns
    GummyBuns
    Soul Shriven
    @R_K I also have this issue with Subsampling set to high :( Here are some examples from when I visited some homes:

https://ibb.co/JzxDW74
    https://ibb.co/hY5MFbZ

The guestbook also appears in front of my character like the other special effects.

I turned off all other addons and libraries and it didn't change it, unfortunately.

@mrsrobot did changing subsampling help you?
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm - I should have asked before but what platform are you both using, @mrsrobot and @GummyBuns ?

Right now there is a known issue that is causing the Mac client to show no effects at all; but I am wondering if what you are experiencing is another manifestation of the same issue?
  • GummyBuns
    GummyBuns
    Soul Shriven
    @R_K I'm using PC :smile:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GummyBuns I think I may have found the issue, just a sec.........
    Edited by R_K on July 25, 2019 5:02PM
  • GummyBuns
    GummyBuns
    Soul Shriven
    @R_K Sure thing! I'll do it this evening and get back to you. Thanks for your help!!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GummyBuns @mrsrobot

Found the issue with the help of a certain someone. ;)

So, the way to resolve the issue of FX showing through anything, anywhere at any time for funsies is...

EITHER
    • Just changing your Settings | Video | Display Mode to Windowed (Full Screen) may just fix the issue outright (shown below)
    • Click Apply.

06p86exzrmr0.jpg

OR
    1. Check your desktop resolution prior to launching the game by right-clicking the Desktop and choosing Display Settings.
    2. Then, launch the game.
    3. Change your Settings | Video | Display Mode to Full Screen.
    4. Change your Settings | Video | Resolution to match the Desktop's resolution.
    5. Click Apply.

tcq4sttfa1ds.jpg

mmnspzf0ii42.jpg

I believe that either of these methods should resolve the issue for you; but, if it does not, please let me know! :smile:
    <3
  • GummyBuns
    GummyBuns
    Soul Shriven
    @R_K Windowed (Full Screen) immediately fixed the issue!! Thank you so much for troubleshooting this :smile:Everything looks so cool!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are quite welcome, @GummyBuns ! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you run into any issues or have any other questions. :smile:
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GummyBuns wrote: »
    @R_K I also have this issue with Subsampling set to high :( Here are some examples from when I visited some homes:

https://ibb.co/JzxDW74
    https://ibb.co/hY5MFbZ

The guestbook also appears in front of my character like the other special effects.

I turned off all other addons and libraries and it didn't change it, unfortunately.

@mrsrobot did changing subsampling help you?

I tried changing subsampling, that didn't work. The fix with matching pc resolution to game resolution does work though thanks. I'm on pc-eu.