Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Since we've gotten new Alchemy Items from Expansions, couldn't we get higher level Master Writs?

B0SSzombie
B0SSzombie
✭✭✭✭✭
So currently, Alchemy Writs are either to make easy Poisons or Potions, which can reward up to a whopping 5 Writs. This is staggeringly low compared to the maximum of other Master Crafting Writs.

The thing is, Blacksmithing, Clothing, and Woodworking Writs are constantly updated to include Motifs introduced in DLC (I want to say Wolfhunter was included in the latest update to Master Writs?), as well as the fact that Provisioning Writs includes Orsinium recipes and Enchanting Writs includes the Hakeijo rune from Imperial City.

So why not update Alchemy Master Writs to include the Alchemy Ingredients from Summerset (Clam Gall and Powdered Mother of Pearl) and Elsweyr (Dragon's Bile and Dragon Blood)? These could be "Legendary" Writs too, considering that Alchemy is the only Master Writ type without any.

As far as "3 Ingredient" Poisons/Potions, you can make all of the following with the added Ingredients:

Clam Gall:
-Defile+Hindrance+Increase Spell Resist

Powdered Mother of Pearl:
-Lingering Health+Speed+Vitality
-Lingering Health+Protection+Vitality
-Protection+Speed+Vitality

Dragon's Bile:
-Invisible+Vitality+Vulnerability

Dragon's Blood:
-Defile+Lingering Health+Restore Stamina

AND you can even make even more valuable Master Writs that have recipes that require TWO DLC Ingredients:

Clam Gall & Dragon's Bile:
-Hindrance+Invisible+Vulnerability

Clam Gall & Dragon's Blood:
-Defile+Lingering Health+Vulnerability
-Defile+Hindrance+Lingering Health

Powdered Mother of Pearl & Dragon's Bile:
-Invisible+Speed+Vitality

Dragon's Bile & Dragon's Blood:
-Heroism+Invisible+Lingering Health
-Heroism+Lingering Health+Vulnerability

Plus, I guess Provisioning Master Writs should also be updated to include the recipes from Clockwork City and Summerset (But not Holiday recipes, since those can't be earned at any given time).
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    So currently, Alchemy Writs are either to make easy Poisons or Potions, which can reward up to a whopping 5 Writs. This is staggeringly low compared to the maximum of other Master Crafting Writs.

The thing is, Blacksmithing, Clothing, and Woodworking Writs are constantly updated to include Motifs introduced in DLC (I want to say Wolfhunter was included in the latest update to Master Writs?), as well as the fact that Provisioning Writs includes Orsinium recipes and Enchanting Writs includes the Hakeijo rune from Imperial City.

So why not update Alchemy Master Writs to include the Alchemy Ingredients from Summerset (Clam Gall and Powdered Mother of Pearl) and Elsweyr (Dragon's Bile and Dragon Blood)? These could be "Legendary" Writs too, considering that Alchemy is the only Master Writ type without any.

As far as "3 Ingredient" Poisons/Potions, you can make all of the following with the added Ingredients:

Clam Gall:
    -Defile+Hindrance+Increase Spell Resist

Powdered Mother of Pearl:
    -Lingering Health+Speed+Vitality
    -Lingering Health+Protection+Vitality
    -Protection+Speed+Vitality

Dragon's Bile:
    -Invisible+Vitality+Vulnerability

Dragon's Blood:
    -Defile+Lingering Health+Restore Stamina

AND you can even make even more valuable Master Writs that have recipes that require TWO DLC Ingredients:

Clam Gall & Dragon's Bile:
    -Hindrance+Invisible+Vulnerability

Clam Gall & Dragon's Blood:
    -Defile+Lingering Health+Vulnerability
    -Defile+Hindrance+Lingering Health

Powdered Mother of Pearl & Dragon's Bile:
    -Invisible+Speed+Vitality

Dragon's Bile & Dragon's Blood:
    -Heroism+Invisible+Lingering Health
    -Heroism+Lingering Health+Vulnerability

Plus, I guess Provisioning Master Writs should also be updated to include the recipes from Clockwork City and Summerset (But not Holiday recipes, since those can't be earned at any given time).

They include motifs from those zones, but they don't require any of the sets from any of the most recent DLC's. No Clockwork City, no Murkmire, no Summerset, no Elsweyr sets are ever asked for with master writs.

But, I don't disagree that there should be more options, especially for some more valuable master writs (although the gold provisioning are not worth doing in their current state)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    (although the gold provisioning are not worth doing in their current state)
    Do you mean writs that require legendary recipes (e.g. Psijic Ambrosia)? I would love to see those classified as legendary in their sealed form and provide at least a few more vouchers.
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    These could be "Legendary" Writs too, considering that Alchemy is the only Master Writ type without any.
    Technically Provisioning doesn't have any yellow sealed writs either, though I think a few should be classified that way. In any case, I also want to point out that Alchemy is the only one out of seven professions that has no clear-cut levels of quality with associated improvement materials -- you craft potions or poisons to the appropriate level, and that's it, they're as good as they can get. Provisioning has quality level built into recipe choice, even if it is more indirect.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    (although the gold provisioning are not worth doing in their current state)
    Do you mean writs that require legendary recipes (e.g. Psijic Ambrosia)? I would love to see those classified as legendary in their sealed form and provide at least a few more vouchers.

Yes, that was what I meant.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks Agree. Provisioning writs should grant us more vouchers, specially those that require Perfect Roe. Vouchers granted per master writ must be in line with required mats to craft the master writ.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @tmbrinks Agree. Provisioning writs should grant us more vouchers, specially those that require Perfect Roe. Vouchers granted per master writ must be in line with required mats to craft the master writ.

And they will be, just like with Jewelry Crafting Master Writs, right?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @FlopsyPrince I'd like that they could resemble more with the new jewelry master writs. I feel that the current provisioning master writs don't reward you enough vouchers. The costs of crafting them aren't in line with the benefit granted.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @FlopsyPrince I'd like that they could resemble more with the new jewelry master writs. I feel that the current provisioning master writs don't reward you enough vouchers. The costs of crafting them aren't in line with the benefit granted.

Are the revised jewelry master writs worth doing now? I assumed that nothing had really changed. I would love to be in error and stop just deleting them.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to our mate @tmbrinks we can have an insight regarding the new jewelry master writs.
    I think they are worth doing. According to the post

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/486397/pts-jewelry-master-writ-changes#latest

We can see the blue writs will grant vouchers in the 28-29 range, purple master writs will grant between 175-200 vouchers and the gold master writs will grant 575-666 vouchers.
    The change isn't retroactive. I just deleted all of the old jewelry master writs: why do one that grants 300 vouchers if after U23 I can do another that grants 600 vouchers?
    Edited by redlink1979 on July 29, 2019 10:10AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks to our mate @tmbrinks we can have an insight regarding the new jewelry master writs.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/486397/pts-jewelry-master-writ-changes#latest

We can see the blue writs will grant vouchers in the 28-29 range, purple master writs will grant between 175-200 vouchers and the gold master writs will grant 575-666 vouchers.
    The change isn't retroactive. I just deleted all of the old jewelry master writs: why do one that grants 300 vouchers if after U23 I can do another that grants 600 vouchers?

I need to remember that these are not live yet. They didn't seem different, so I forgot about it. I look forward to this change then.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I need to remember that these are not live yet. They didn't seem different, so I forgot about it. I look forward to this change then.

Yup, not live yet. Will be live on PC on August 12, and on Consoles August 27.