Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gifting to Meet Promotion Requirements

Raijindono
Raijindono
✭✭✭
I like that you guys are coming up with creative ways to receive promotional items in the game. The new promotion to receive the statue is nice, but the requirements to get the item are a little fuzzy to some: https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56489 A lot of my friends didn't realize it had to be furnishings at first and lead to a lot of confusion.

The user experience on this could be greatly improved. I have a few suggestions:
  1. Add an icon and label to items in the crown store that qualify for the promotion to be gifted.
  2. Maybe in the Crown Store or in the Monthly Reward UI, add a progress bar to indicate whether you've met the requirements for the promotional item.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The title RECEIVE AN EPIC KHAJIITI STATUE WHEN YOU GIFT FURNISHINGS THIS MONTH seems pretty clear to me.

Gift furnishings.

The only thing that was not clear in the beginning was whether it had to be items from home editor of any furnishings from the Crown Store, including the bundles.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Raijindono
    Raijindono
    ✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    The title RECEIVE AN EPIC KHAJIITI STATUE WHEN YOU GIFT FURNISHINGS THIS MONTH seems pretty clear to me.

Gift furnishings.

The only thing that was not clear in the beginning was whether it had to be items from home editor of any furnishings from the Crown Store, including the bundles.

No need to be rude with the bold all caps. The promotion wasn't clear to a lot of people. Also, did crown packs that had furnishings in them qualify? What about crown crates? You can get furnishings in the crown crates. How do you know for sure? It seems even you had questions about what and how...

I was merely suggesting that having something in the UI to track whether you've met the requirements would help quell some of the angst people are feeling about whether or not they're getting the item. It would reduce the mystery around the promotion.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raijindono wrote: »

Gift furnishings.

No need to be rude with the bold all caps. The promotion wasn't clear to a lot of people. Also, did crown packs that had furnishings in them qualify? What about crown crates? You can get furnishings in the crown crates. How do you know for sure? It seems even you had questions about what and how...

I was merely suggesting that having something in the UI to track whether you've met the requirements would help quell some of the angst people are feeling about whether or not they're getting the item. It would reduce the mystery around the promotion.

I didn't mean to be rude. I just copied the title as it was - in caps. I am on a tablet and I didn't want to re-type the whole title. Quotation marks would probably have been a better choice than bolding the text.

You see, you wrote that your friends hadn't realised it had to be furnishings. That was why I reacted with the title, which said exactly that. Gift furnishings. I have seen people asking to be gifted hairstyles and other things that have nothing to do with furnishings at all. It just sounded strange to me that someone would not understand it had to be furnishings gifts.
  • Raijindono
    Raijindono
    ✭✭✭

Gift furnishings.

I didn't mean to be rude. I just copied the title as it was - in caps. I am on a tablet and I didn't want to re-type the whole title. Quotation marks would probably have been a better choice than bolding the text.

You see, you wrote that your friends hadn't realised it had to be furnishings. That was why I reacted with the title, which said exactly that. Gift furnishings. I have seen people asking to be gifted hairstyles and other things that have nothing to do with furnishings at all. It just sounded strange to me that someone would not understand it had to be furnishings gifts.

No problem on the all caps; I can see how that would happen. XD

See the funny thing you learn in UX design is that people don't really read... they scan. Since the other promotions had been "gift any crown item", people thought it was the same deal.

In either case, it would be nice to get some feedback that you've met the requirements.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gift furnishings.

No problem on the all caps; I can see how that would happen. XD

See the funny thing you learn in UX design is that people don't really read... they scan. Since the other promotions had been "gift any crown item", people thought it was the same deal.

In either case, it would be nice to get some feedback that you've met the requirements.

Yes, a simple message saying something like: "Thank you for your generosity, you now qualify for the promotion reward." would have been nice.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I did look, as soon as the promotion was announced, in the thread regarding it in the news/announcements forum here. Yes, furnishings in packs (like the food one that they were advertising at the same time), counted. That was specifically asked and specifically answered. When looking at things like that, it's useful to actually read the announcement section of the forums, because someone has usually already asked the question your'e after.