The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Noob question about hireling mail?

SatansPegasus
SatansPegasus
✭✭
Does it accumulate? for instance i'm going away for a few days and i won't be able to log on so i'm just curious as to if the mail will accumulate over the days i'm gone or if i would have to log on to receive it.
"Do not believe madness to be a curse, mortal. For some, it is the greatest of blessings. A bitter mercy perhaps, but mercy nonetheless."
  • Nadar
    Nadar
    ✭✭
    You have to log in onto the toon to receive the hireling mail
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it accumulate? for instance i'm going away for a few days and i won't be able to log on so i'm just curious as to if the mail will accumulate over the days i'm gone or if i would have to log on to receive it.

You'll get 24 hours worth tops, so if you don't log in for say five days you lose four days worth.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no, it does not accumulate.

If you are at 1/3 or 2/3 in the passive, it's a 24 hour reset. Once you login after 24 hours have elapsed, you get mails, and the 24 hour timer restarts. Whether that's 24 hours or 240 hours, you'll get 1 mail.

Rank 3/3 reduces this timer to 12 hours.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They have a lot of flavor text in the game that lies.

The daily login bonus is another one. It is the "daily login and collect bonus" instead, meaning you can miss it if you happen to forget, even if you have played full time on the server the entire 24 hours. I missed 2 more last month because I forgot. (They keep showing the same guild updates for some idiotic reason, so I forget to check Notifications because repeating those multiple times is worthless.)

Upgrading to the "every 12 hours" version only helps if you login to that specific character every 12 hours. That is a really annoying design, especially since it can take so long to cycle through characters. You are not even done with that even after collecting all the riding updates, unfortunately.

Even the hints (shown on loading screens) that say "across your account" are not accurate since it is only on a single server, not on both NA and EU.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on July 28, 2019 5:27PM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The daily login bonus is another one. It is the "daily login and collect bonus" instead, meaning you can miss it if you happen to forget, even if you have played full time on the server the entire 24 hours. I missed 2 more last month because I forgot. (They keep showing the same guild updates for some idiotic reason, so I forget to check Notifications because repeating those multiple times is worthless.)

Upgrading to the "every 12 hours" version only helps if you login to that specific character every 12 hours. That is a really annoying design, especially since it can take so long to cycle through characters. You are not even done with that even after collecting all the riding updates, unfortunately.

Even the hints (shown on loading screens) that say "across your account" are not accurate since it is only on a single server, not on both NA and EU.

I don't think many crafters use the 12 hour version and logs in every 12 hours just to get the extra mails. Most who do crafting still only log in once a day, and this just guarantees that you get 1 hireling mail per day per character.

If you don't want the "timer" to move forward, add the extra skill point to reduce the timer... if you're fine with it advancing, keep it at 2/3. The rewards you receive don't change at tier 2 versus tier 3.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

I don't think many crafters use the 12 hour version and logs in every 12 hours just to get the extra mails. Most who do crafting still only log in once a day, and this just guarantees that you get 1 hireling mail per day per character.

If you don't want the "timer" to move forward, add the extra skill point to reduce the timer... if you're fine with it advancing, keep it at 2/3. The rewards you receive don't change at tier 2 versus tier 3.

I was not aware of the difference, just the supposed "value" of the extra skill point. This is certainly an annoying feature, but it is good to really know that pushing it up 1 more doesn't change the quality like I thought it did.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SatansPegasus
    SatansPegasus
    ✭✭
    Thank you and it looks like i'll be missing a few days mail.
    "Do not believe madness to be a curse, mortal. For some, it is the greatest of blessings. A bitter mercy perhaps, but mercy nonetheless."
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be sure to read the messages! I missed out by not reading them from the start and they can be quite interesting and funny!