Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Looting trunks/barrels/crates

Aldruin
Aldruin
✭✭✭
I was wondering whether the stuff that you loot (trunks, wardrobes, barrels etc) are the same for every player. For instance if someone loots a trunk does the item disappear for me? I see many empty barrels too. Does it mean that people already looted them or the game simply didn't put anything in them?
  • Riksis
    Riksis
    ✭✭
    I think the empty barrels you see were looted by other players.
    I stand corrected - sorry for spreading misinformation.
    Edited by Riksis on April 14, 2014 11:03AM
    English is not my native language. Please bear with me if spelling, grammar or word choice is not correct.
  • Trainerdc
    Trainerdc
    ✭✭
    Some of them are and some of them arent. I hae been in multiple houses where players were looting infront of me and I could loot aswell, but then I have also seen if a layer looted it before me I couldnt loot it myself.
    "You are far too hard on yourself, my dear, sweet, homicidally insane Pelagius. What would the people do without you? Dance? Sing? Smile? Grow old?"
    -Sheogorath
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    All looting (Corpses, barrels, bags, trunks, etc) is individual to each character.
    Meaning "Character Loot".

All chests, resource nodes, quest objectives are first come first served.
    Meaning it is "server loot".
  • Nyxeia
    Nyxeia
    ✭✭
    Trunks, Barrels, Sacks, Jugs, Vases and all those type of items are instanced to -you-. Only you will get what you loot out of them, your friends may get something completely different. The empty barrels etc. are simply empty because the game decided not to put loot in every single one of those, which is completely normal and understandable.

Then there's chests and heavy sacks, which are the same to everyone. Only one person can take loot out of it and it will be the same for every person opening the chest. You can for example decide not to loot everything and leave something, which someone else can pick up from that same chest.

I hope your question was answered :smile:
    Morgyn
    Breton Templar (Healer/DPS)
    <The Datura Company> (RP)