The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolves only appear in Under 50 BGs and Cyrodiil ... Zenimax, ask yourselves why that is...

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
They are ridiculously overpowered in Under 50 BGs... RIDICULOUSLY overpowered. They don't really take much degree of skill, and 2-3 werewolves in a single group with a healer or spin to winner - and it's devastating...

Don't know how you balance it - but it's pretty much the only time you'll see a werewolf played - and effectively played too.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You answered it yourself why.

Werewolves are very powerful in certain niche situations, mostly in PVP, so if ZOS buffs them, WWs become even more powerful in those situations.

They also don't really fit in well with the PVE meta since they are mostly single target damage and ZOS won't give them a taunt. Good, experienced players can make WWs work, certainly! But they aren't optimal. Changing that would require ZOS to rework WW to fit better with the PVE meta, and almost certainly means losing some of that powerful single target damage for some more AOE or mob control options.

Essentially, Werewolves do some things really well...but what they do is really only an effective strategy in PVP.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because WWs have a simplistic offensive strategy, and do most of their damage in light attack spam. They have the lowest skill demand of any playstyle, so being good only in niche situations seems to make sense.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest problem with under 50 BG's or Cyrodiil is people that keep creating new characters to take advantage of new players. Shouldn't take more than a few days or weeks at most to reach 50 so if your still in there after years of playing then I really don't feel bad if a ww gets his paws on you.

• Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    The biggest problem with under 50 BG's or Cyrodiil is people that keep creating new characters to take advantage of new players. Shouldn't take more than a few days or weeks at most to reach 50 so if your still in there after years of playing then I really don't feel bad if a ww gets his paws on you.

18 Character slots, and i delete toons when I'm bored of one, or want to try something different - thus, I pretty much ALWAYS have a lowbie toon - that really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, right?

Again, off the original point though - under 50's BGs the Werewolf build is almost the only viable option to be competitive.... it doesn't really allow for build diversity, and new players all seem to get pushed into the werewolf mode - and thus, end up terrible players when time to move to "adult" pvp.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should make a level 10 WerewolfSlayer in full gold gear. Then go wreck those noobs.

Leave the match a few seconds before it ends and you can wtf stomp some more noobs in just twenty minutes!
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With enough ZeniCoins, you can make two level 10s in full gold gear!

Log into one while you wait out the timer on the other! Never ending hilarity!

:trollface:
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Short of blocking them from playing under 50 there's not much else they can do. They are already pretty useless in normal pvp and any furthur nerf then nobody would ever play them.

If they were to block them from under 50 then they should also block max cp players, fair is fair right?

If the problem is fighting against an organized group then that's never a reason for a nerf.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adjust the way werewolf skill line levels. Require actual xp like vampire line does.

That way the werewolf toons will be level 40+ before maxing out the line.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Adjust the way werewolf skill line levels. Require actual xp like vampire line does.

That way the werewolf toons will be level 40+ before maxing out the line.

yuppp.... this!
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Werewolves in OVER 50 bg's ARE NOT overpowered. Saying "in PvP" without specifying this is just ignorant. They also aren't as easy to play well as so many posters here think. WW is a tough style to play if you aren't running the the 'Packleader Zoo Cheese' (this is when a group of 2-3 white werewolves ques up together, usually with helm pets to additionally disrupt targeting). A high dps berserker (black) WW has low heals, poor cc immunity, difficult regen, and no pets to eat kill shots. You don't see many of these running in any decent MMR over 50's BGs because they are actually hard to play.

I'm sure one of you uneducated trolls is thinking "hur hur' light attack spam, but it really isn't that easy. The WW burst against a decent target requires you to understand the right time to use fear, the right time to use defile, the right time to burst, and good reflexes to stay on top of your target. Mess any of it up, and your target survives while you're left without resources and dead. Seriously, try it. Go black werewolf on any platform against the higher MMR players on your server and post us the video. (Hint, if you're not seeing the same people frequently, match after match, every day for a month, you're not high mmr yet).

Even on live WW berserker is gimp compared to a good templar, dk, nightblade, or sorc build. It's sooo much easier to curse, reach, frag, execute or beetles > dawbreaker execute than trying to slap someone to death until they make a mistake that lets you use a combo that will actually let you finish them.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

18 Character slots, and i delete toons when I'm bored of one, or want to try something different - thus, I pretty much ALWAYS have a lowbie toon - that really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, right?

Again, off the original point though - under 50's BGs the Werewolf build is almost the only viable option to be competitive.... it doesn't really allow for build diversity, and new players all seem to get pushed into the werewolf mode - and thus, end up terrible players when time to move to "adult" pvp.

Werewolf is no where near the only viable option in Lowbie... IMO a completely skilled and builded normal char is nearly always more effective than a WW.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . They also aren't as easy to play well

Lol, I can literally roll my face on my controller and win in ww form, I'm nowhere near a good pvper.
    Edited by SpiderKnight on July 30, 2019 2:35AM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my post in the other thread about BGs is relevant here, as it pertains to the underlying issue of imbalanced group composition. I'm interested in other's thoughts about these ideas. It's an approach which doesn't entail nerfing any class or skills or stopping anybody from doing any content.

- Add a free-for-all mode of some sort for competitive Solo play

- Adjust scoring and medals to better reward healing and group buffing in Death Match

- Copy the Dungeon Finder roles for Solo queue, to better ensure a random group has the means necessary to handle a pre-made, and that random teams are better balanced against each other
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    You answered it yourself why.

Werewolves are very powerful in certain niche situations, mostly in PVP, so if ZOS buffs them, WWs become even more powerful in those situations.

They also don't really fit in well with the PVE meta since they are mostly single target damage and ZOS won't give them a taunt. Good, experienced players can make WWs work, certainly! But they aren't optimal. Changing that would require ZOS to rework WW to fit better with the PVE meta, and almost certainly means losing some of that powerful single target damage for some more AOE or mob control options.

Essentially, Werewolves do some things really well...but what they do is really only an effective strategy in PVP.

You act like scaling isn't a thing lol.
    PC-NA