Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zos why is the daggers drop rate so low in nSS?

wishlist14
wishlist14
✭✭✭✭✭
Ive done endless runs ...so many I'm getting bored of doing it everyday...i want to move on and do other trials...i need my daggers please...i havent even got one nor seen anyone in any of my pug groups get one......i want to move onto vet but need my weapons please. Normals drop rates for gear should be better so we dont get stuck in normals forever. Im confident enough to attempt vet now but not without completing my gear set...i only have 1 left to complete.

People will tell me it's rng.....and people are paying 10k for weapons now...offering gold. So we have to pay for gear that is blue now? Then transform the trait if trait is wrong and get gear upto gold ,...

As is a lot of my gear from nss is green with wrong stats but i just have to spend the mats to get it up there i understand that part is what most players have to do anyway.
Zos please up the drop rate on normal weapons so we can move forward thank you ☺☺☺
Edited by wishlist14 on July 26, 2019 5:32AM
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the release of New Trials, it has always been the case. One or 2 most coveted sets, never appear to drop in the correct weapons for those sets. For instance, in Craglorn trials, people did endless runs to get VO ot TFS weapons, not that they were needed, but still you'll get reso and inferno staves of them but not daggers. Same was with HoF, those MA inferno or WM daggers just seems to be non existent. However a few years down the road, the drops have been more common since demand is low. I was farming crag trials for some VO gear and ended up getting 2 yoked daggers for free in 5-10 runs. There was a time when people were paying upto 200k for these daggers when they were meta and now no one cares.

It's hard to farm a particular item in ESO a lot of times and that is how it always has been. All I can say is Keep Kalm and Keep Farming On.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bad rng...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are rare on veteran mode as well, I've done a lot of farm runs and only seen them drop less than a handful of times, and heaps of gold offered for them. It's just RNG, but there's definitely something disheartening about running something over and over and still need gear from content released a while ago.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    They are rare on veteran mode as well, I've done a lot of farm runs and only seen them drop less than a handful of times, and heaps of gold offered for them. It's just RNG, but there's definitely something disheartening about running something over and over and still need gear from content released a while ago.

Yes it would be even more frustrating on vet when drops are so low and then having to compete with other people that can offer more gold. I just want to enjoy my trials more without the frustration but I'll keep calm and carry on....rip my hair out later lol

Ty for your reply
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    With the release of New Trials, it has always been the case. One or 2 most coveted sets, never appear to drop in the correct weapons for those sets. For instance, in Craglorn trials, people did endless runs to get VO ot TFS weapons, not that they were needed, but still you'll get reso and inferno staves of them but not daggers. Same was with HoF, those MA inferno or WM daggers just seems to be non existent. However a few years down the road, the drops have been more common since demand is low. I was farming crag trials for some VO gear and ended up getting 2 yoked daggers for free in 5-10 runs. There was a time when people were paying upto 200k for these daggers when they were meta and now no one cares.

It's hard to farm a particular item in ESO a lot of times and that is how it always has been. All I can say is Keep Kalm and Keep Farming On.

If I had more storage I'd farm items that could make a comeback in future. Thank you for your reply
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad rng...

Yep. I got 2 Loki daggers pretty quick.

AY daggers? Only have 1.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't run Sunspire at all, normal or vet. But if you want daggers, maybe you should run it with me. Why? Because I wouldn't want daggers or any other melee weapons. I would want staves. So I would probably get daggers. :-/ That's the kind of RNG I have. Here's an example. I constantly farm dragons for Elsweyr furniture plans. Everyone who does this knows they drop from the Document Pouches, not the Adventurer's Backpacks. Last night I was doing what I usually do, killing dragons, looking for furniture plan drops. I fought ~30 dragons. And what did I get for my trouble? 30 backpacks. Full of junk that I did not want. Not a single document pouch with the chance of a Leniency Edict, Furniture Plan, or even another Treasure Map. The "unicorn" for me is the Elsweyr Elegant Room Divider blueprint. I want it sooooooooo much and it's a rare drop. It dropped for my SO who didn't even think to offer it to me, even for sale. That's the kind of luck I have. So dude, let's run nSS. I'll be hoping against hope for destruction staves, and I'll probably get you your daggers.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Yes it would be even more frustrating on vet when drops are so low and then having to compete with other people that can offer more gold. I just want to enjoy my trials more without the frustration but I'll keep calm and carry on....rip my hair out later lol

Ty for your reply

Funny story, I remember the first time someone offered their dropped dagger for gold, I thought to myself that maybe I could buy it, then another player said '1 million', I was like 'nevermind' :lol:
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The jewelry is equally as bad to get on vet. I don't know why they decided to have either a weapon OR jewelry drop, unlike every other full trial. I got two daggers within two weeks, but my jewelry came from my guildies.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bad rng...

AY daggers? Only have 1.

AY daggers seem to have a higher chance to drop on normal, for whatever reason. Someone had told us that the non-slayer sets are easier to get on norm, and when we farmed all of ours, it did, in fact, seem to drop much more frequently on normal. Like, consistently one dropped/came from chests every two or three runs or so. On vet, they were non-existent for weeks.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they want you to grind and grind and grind for 5 years to get those daggers then they will introduce a set that replaces it as soon as you get them
    Beta tester November 2013
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bad rng...

AY daggers? Only have 1.

LOL. Have 4 AY daggers, 2 Loki daggers + an Axe, but I still only have one VO dagger. Can't tell you how many times I've run the Craglorn 3 on all levels
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I haven't had a single Perfected Lokke Dagger drop, but I've certainly had a whole lot of Perfected Naviintaas Mauls and Lokke flame staffs drop. Why is that even a thing? I mean, I understand there is probably some weirdo out there dreaming up a unicorn healing build that utilizes the Navii 2H, but that should have the reduced drop rate due to it being such a niche item, rather than making the daggers such an abysmally low drop.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero