The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

No Bash Necro Nerf for consoles coming next week?! (7/28)

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
WTF?

I hope I'm wrong, but the maintenance announcement for consoles for next week does not mention a patch. How the hell is console still stuck with the brokenly overpowered version of Bash Necro, when PC has had a fix for a month now? There is no excuse for Bashnecro to remain broken after the upcoming maintenance.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Is there ever going to be any comment regarding the gross disparity between console and PC on this issue?
Edited by MurderMostFoul on July 27, 2019 8:08PM
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm genuinely surprised by this. I'm wondering why the patch hasn't occurred yet. There's no reason for it to not to.

I'm partially worried that they "did" implement the patch and it didn't work
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my god, you guys still have to deal with Bashcro? That’s awful.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Been a month and zos has said nothing...
    They’re killing it
    Edited by frostz417 on July 27, 2019 9:26PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »

They’re killing it

The only thing they've said is that they know it's broken, hence the fix on PC. Absolutely zero communication regarding when console will be similarly updated.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »

They’re killing it

The only thing they've said is that they know it's broken, hence the fix on PC. Absolutely zero communication regarding when console will be similarly updated.

Should’ve been two weeks ago with the last patch update console had. But of course they said nothing and remain silent on the matter. Real shady if you ask me.
    But they’re killing it.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 2019 and still companies don't understand the importance of communication
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS not saying anything is a source of some information in and of itself. Either the reason is something we would hate and so they aren't saying it, or the simpler solution - they just don't f'ing care.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS not saying anything is a source of some information in and of itself. Either the reason is something we would hate and so they aren't saying it, or the simpler solution - they just don't f'ing care.

Let's go with this one! :wink:
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Can you confirm if necro bash nerf is coming monday? Its pretty insane that console still has to deal with this. Please communicate with us. SAY SOMETHING.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its honestly not that bad there are just alot of kids who play on xbox and PS4 that still dont understand how to gitgud and really need to L2P especially when they hit that ultimate and go full bash attack mode. There was just a guy who posted a clip showing a 1v6 and 2 necro bash kids max CP came at him and all he had to do was LOS and move around a little and then drop them once there ult dropped off its honestly easy to fight a necro bash build if you understand how to play the game
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its honestly not that bad there are just alot of kids who play on xbox and PS4 that still dont understand how to gitgud and really need to L2P especially when they hit that ultimate and go full bash attack mode. There was just a guy who posted a clip showing a 1v6 and 2 necro bash kids max CP came at him and all he had to do was LOS and move around a little and then drop them once there ult dropped off its honestly easy to fight a necro bash build if you understand how to play the game

This is assuming you see the guy. If you are taking a keep, things get fuzzy and then everyone is gettin bashed to *** with no time to react.

But yes in the open- clear cut necro bash is easier to avoid. You see the transformation ani and it’s time to play ring around a rock/tree/kite for your life.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try dealing with a Bash necro emperor.

But even for non emperor, it is still far too stupidly easy to bomb a group, and then another group, and then one more nearby group with this setup. I agree that if you see it coming and you head for the hills you can come back and fight. But for the five or six other players who didn't happened to be looking in the right direction, it's good night.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you for real? Yeah, if some kids throw themselves at a bash necro and expect to take them down in melee range, that’s on them. Where necros truly shine in all their cheesy glory, though, is in the middle of a crowded keep. You can see the destro ult bombs and the tether bombs coming; you can’t see the necro bashers coming, especially if they transform behind you and there’s a lot already going on. There’s no visual or audio tell (besides that very faint swishing sound, which you’re not going to hear if you’re in group chat and your crown is providing orders, and the transformed necro itself, which sometimes bugs out and simply displays a slightly larger version of the character). You’re just dead in two seconds or less with no chance to roll out of the way or defend yourself. The only counterable necro bashers in keeps are the super bad ones who are just hopping on the bandwagon and not specifically building for it (those ones always get a clam slam from me, for trying and failing to take advantage of the new FOTM). If the necro is built properly, it’s game over for even the tankiest players when they transform if the person they’re hitting doesn’t realize that the necro has transformed. It is absolutely broken in large scale PVP combat, and anyone who disagrees either does not want their new favourite toy taken away, or is a 1vXer who stays away from keeps to farm potatoes between Sej and Alessia bridge for their “highlight” reels.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoL.

ZoS don’t give a ****
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But even for non emperor, it is still far too stupidly easy to bomb a group, and then another group, and then one more nearby group with this setup. I agree that if you see it coming and you head for the hills you can come back and fight. But for the five or six other players who didn't happened to be looking in the right direction, it's good night.

One transformed behind me from stealth just then and took me down before I even had a chance to move on a resistance-capped healer. :) GG dude, unloading your expensive cheese ultimate on one player just to have a little giggle.

I’m currently downloading another game as we speak, and will only venture back into ESO when we get the patch that PC got weeks ago. <3
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

One transformed behind me from stealth just then and took me down before I even had a chance to move on a resistance-capped healer. :) GG dude, unloading your expensive cheese ultimate on one player just to have a little giggle.

I’m currently downloading another game as we speak, and will only venture back into ESO when we get the patch that PC got weeks ago. <3

If they were more prevalent in BGs I would be playing something else as well. Other than a few lowlifes, it looks like most of the BG players on Xbox NA have realized that running bash necro is entirely shameful.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

If they were more prevalent in BGs I would be playing something else as well. Other than a few lowlifes, it looks like most of the BG players on Xbox NA have realized that running bash necro is entirely shameful.

And that really you can do as well on any other good build, with only so many opponents and only so much time the "fun" of necro bash is way more limited than in Cyrodiil
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, Bashnecro in BGs is like 20 secs of God mode every 2 or 3 minutes. The rest of the time they are pretty ineffectual.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm the guy that posted that clip. Honestly the bash build does NOT have enough
    counter play, and if that fight had gone any other way I would have died when they tried to double bash me. I was only able to survive because those players didnt have the builds set up properly, I had a great line of sight within a dodge roll's distance, and they both transformed right in front of me at the same time allowing me a split second to react before they started bashing/gap closing.

I agree that you can deal with it fairly easily by LOS'ing, but that by itself is not adequate counter play to an ult that can nuke you at any point during it's 15 second duration. And imagine playing a spec without access to major expedition or major evasion, or another form of mobility. Youd be dead in seconds if you didnt have a sizable speed advantage over the bash build.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CONFIRMED

Over a month of waiting, and still no console patch to fix one of ZOS's worst skill design choices.

I honestly don't know what's more infuriating. The inexcusable disparity between PC and console regarding taking care of this problem, or the outright disrespect shown towards the console community through ZOS's total silence on this front.
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CONFIRMED

Over a month of waiting, and still no console patch to fix one of ZOS's worst skill design choices.

I honestly don't know what's more infuriating. The inexcusable disparity between PC and console regarding taking care of this problem, or the outright disrespect shown towards the console community through ZOS's total silence on this front.

Continue to unsub and try and play something different is my answer. Or play a NB or something with high mobility. But group play is dead to me as far as im considered.