The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Soul gem resurrecting in PVP zones

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    I don't expect to have the upper hand in an outnumbered fight. But i'd like to see kills - that can still happen occasionally despite being at a disadvantage - to not be as worthless.
    So lets break this down. Right now, anyone can rez if they get a couple seconds break in the battle. Obviously, this benefits the larger group, because duh, Cyrodiil favors larger groups. The smaller group might pull off a rez if they are lucky, so cheap, quick rezzes are pretty good for them.

But lets make battle rezzes harder, longer, or impossible. Dead players are dead. The group with more players still has more players. The group with less is still getting whittled down and those players are dead, dead. The largest group still benefits! The smaller group is even more screwed because anyone who goes down is dead, dead (and has zero chance of riding back to the fight, to boot).

That's not how those fights usually play out. But ofc if your strategy is to "just bring more numbers" you can't know that.
    [...]Cheap, quick rezzes give smaller groups the chance to get their members back in the fight. Without that, every battle becomes a war of attrition and one side has a lot more players.

Small grps rarely have an opportunity to rez while being outnumbered. If they start dieing, they usually lost the fight. And rezzing is what tends to drag fights out endlessly. But as it is, attrittion only works for larger numbers, since it is impossible for a few to wittle down zergs.
    [...]Its that Cyrodiil is designed for large scale combat over objectives, and your group simply isnt large enough or effective enough to finish off the enemy. [...]

Cyrodiil is designed as open world PvP zone that gives players a lot of freedom and let's them choose how to play. That means players can zerg as much as they like, but that doesn't make it the only or "right" way to play.
    And as i already mentioned - this "just zerg harder" strategy you are promoting leads to issues such as bad performance and population imbalance - stuff even zerglings complain about from time to time. Aside from this it simply isn't fun for everyone. So that's not a solution to anything.
    Oh, and did I mention that players want to have fun and not sit in "You died" time out? So like I've said, players will build tankier and play more cautiously. [...]

That could happen, yes. But i don't think it would make a big difference. Even now players spend quite some time laying arround dead while waiting for a rez if they don't get picked up instantly for whatever reason and it doesn't seem to bother them much. Being able to instantly rez nearby also don't make players more likely to fight - otherwise i wouldn't constantly see so many sitting on unsieged keep walls. Players who want to fight are going to fight regardless.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree, because I don't see delaying rezzes as swinging the scales significantly in the direction of the group fighting while massively outnumbered in a way that would actually make a difference. Sure, they can have a little more attrition before they die?

Making rezzes harder/longer punishes new players who die often, agressive players who push the enemy, anyone who doesnt build tanky, and small groups who now definitely can't stop fighting to get off a rez.

On the other hand, making rezzes longer/harder doesn't stop organized raids and ball groups, because they can actually protect their team while rezzing or setting a camp and they are better able to win any battle of attrition. So if your goal was to make organized raids stronger in comparison to everyone else, this'll do it.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally think this needs to go while in combat, once your team wins the fight they can get you up.

Look at this guy, thinking he will be out of combat once the fight is over.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resurrection by players has always been a primary means of continuing battles.

OP’s logic that camps already give a second chance in battle is flawed for two reasons.
    1. There is no guarantee a camp will be up which is the biggest flaw in OP’s logic.
    2.We have not always had camps. Zos remover them because they didn’t like how they were being used. Brought them back with limitations. Zos never removed combat res as it’s used as expected.

So if OP is finding battle rez to be so overwhelming then I query what is their group doing wrong? Use tactics to stop the battle res rather than using the forums. Works better.