Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5 piece set idea

JobooAGS
JobooAGS
✭✭✭✭✭
What is your opinion on a 5 piece set that does the following against players

Increases your damage done to players by X% and damage recieved by players by Y% where Y > or = X

Comment on what the 2,3,4 pieces should be

5 piece set idea 9 votes

Yes X = 15%, Y = 30%
11%
ThePedge 1 vote
Yea X = 10% Y = 20%
0%
Yes, here is X and Y
11%
RebornRequiem 1 vote
No, this set can and will be abused, don't give zos any ideas
55%
TimeDazzlerJierdanitTriangularChickenColdus12ATomiX69 5 votes
No, I have my own reasons
22%
idkJobooAGS 2 votes
Other
0%
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the TTK is already fast enough. The set would benefit gankers which do not worry about the damage taken aspect.

So not a great idea for ESO.
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, here is X and Y
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Increases your damage done to players by X% and damage recieved by players by Y% where Y > or = X

Corrently the best 5 piece mitigation sets have some numbers around 10% less damage taken from players. Buffer of the swift gives flat 10% damage mitigation against players, bastion of the heartland has a 5% mitigation as a normal set bonus.

On the offensive side the biggest damage done increase is probably essence thief with 10% more damage done, slimecraw with minor berserk or shiedlbreaker with 6% (12% against shielded targets).

If this new set should provide both damage done and mitigation against players, both numbers must not exceed 10%. Something like 6% or 7% would be reasonable probably.

2-4 piece boni should be allrounder like max health, max stam and max magicka or maybe max stam and max magicka plus stam and magicka regen together as one bonus.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Corrently the best 5 piece mitigation sets have some numbers around 10% less damage taken from players. Buffer of the swift gives flat 10% damage mitigation against players, bastion of the heartland has a 5% mitigation as a normal set bonus.

On the offensive side the biggest damage done increase is probably essence thief with 10% more damage done, slimecraw with minor berserk or shiedlbreaker with 6% (12% against shielded targets).

If this new set should provide both damage done and mitigation against players, both numbers must not exceed 10%. Something like 6% or 7% would be reasonable probably.

2-4 piece boni should be allrounder like max health, max stam and max magicka or maybe max stam and max magicka plus stam and magicka regen together as one bonus.

Instead of dmg mitigation, it is negative dmg mitigation. That is you deal and take more dmg against players
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I think the TTK is already fast enough. The set would benefit gankers which do not worry about the damage taken aspect.

So not a great idea for ESO.

I agree that the set may be ganker friendly and good gankers generally try to avoid dmg and disengage from a fight rather than mitigate it, it may not be a good idea overall depending on 2-4 piece boni. But it is an interesting idea
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only gankers would use a set like that, damage done would need to be like 20-25% increased damage done and 10-15% increased damage taken to be worth it (for non gankers) to compensate for the fact that you are losing an actual 5 piece Set Bonus.
    Edited by ATomiX69 on July 28, 2019 8:31AM
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, here is X and Y

Instead of dmg mitigation, it is negative dmg mitigation. That is you deal and take more dmg against players

Ah sry misread your idea then and thought of the set providing both mitigation and damage.

In that case as said above in other comments, the set will mostly be used in playstyles, where you evade enemy attacks mostly and attack in short burst windows. Classes with such playstyles mostly are nightblades and maybe some magsorcs could handle that too. The additional risk of such a set then is actually turned almost non-existent by thta playstyle and therefore mostly the offensive bonus is relevant. Considering the downside, which in such builds will be compensated by the playstyle, the highest number for the damage done is something like 15%.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some bowtards wearing this in a Xv1 dealing more damage, and going to stealth as soon as you attack them yea no.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes X = 15%, Y = 30%
    Yup, remind me of Reckless chest from TD1. Pure glass cannon
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    Some bowtards wearing this in a Xv1 dealing more damage, and going to stealth as soon as you attack them yea no.

this, don't need more power to unskilled gameplay.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »

Are people really still crying about bow users?

Something like this could maybe put them back to what they were before they were nerfed into the ground and they were free kills back then even. Taking extra damage would make AP and KBs rain from the sky for my magden.