Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a way to suspend ESO Plus

Willard
Willard
✭✭✭
I play on PS4 NA and just renewed ESO Plus for a year; however, right now the game is very unplayable. The main issue is unsynced sound and actions (there is a 5-10 second delay from the time you do something till you actually do it and hear the accompanying sound. I have done all the suggested things to fix this, but nothing works. I hate wasting my ESO plus subscription during a period when the game is unplayable. Is it possible to temporarily suspend my ESO Plus until this situation is fixed?

And yes--Sony says contact ZOS and ZOS says contact Sony??
Edited by Willard on July 24, 2019 9:46PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not seen a means on PC. You have to cancel sub and let it run out.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I have not seen a means on PC. You have to cancel sub and let it run out.

Here, the truth has been spoken.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We recommend that you contact Sony Customer Support for more information about how to cancel an ESO Plus membership:

PlayStation Support - https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Cancel-Auto-Renewal-for-Subscription-Services
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • pagipl
    pagipl
    @ZOS_BillE - this subject is regarding cancel eso plus sub.

What with money back for unplayable game from 2 months?
    Can you provide link to ps support also?

Ps support official information: "pls contact with ZOS support"
    Information from You :" pls contact ps support"

Can You pls advice?

• Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We recommend that you contact Sony Customer Support for more information about how to cancel an ESO Plus membership:

PlayStation Support - https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Cancel-Auto-Renewal-for-Subscription-Services

I did not want to cancel my ESO Plus Membership and I don't want my money back. I want to "Pause" / temporarily suspend my account until the issues that plague the PS4 are resolved.
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    pagipl wrote: »
    @ZOS_BillE - this subject is regarding cancel eso plus sub.

Can You pls advice?

You are correct: PS/Sony says contact ZOS and ZOS says contact PS/Sony??
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange that this isn't an option in MMOs. Or maybe it is in others, but I just don't know about it.

I can pause/resume any other on-demand service I subscribe to: Netflix, my meal delivery service, Amazon subscriptions, etc.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but you have to put your credit card in the microwave.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Yes, but you have to put your credit card in the microwave.

Actually, you have to wrap it in aluminum foil before you put it in the microwave ...
    shades.gif

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Willard wrote: »
    I play on PS4 NA and just renewed ESO Plus for a year; however, right now the game is very unplayable. The main issue is unsynced sound and actions (there is a 5-10 second delay from the time you do something till you actually do it and hear the accompanying sound. I have done all the suggested things to fix this, but nothing works. I hate wasting my ESO plus subscription during a period when the game is unplayable. Is it possible to temporarily suspend my ESO Plus until this situation is fixed?

And yes--Sony says contact ZOS and ZOS says contact Sony??

@ZOS_BillE

2 months & still no fix for sound bug. What are you doing zos? Players shouldn't have to wait for content releases for bug fixes like this.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on July 27, 2019 4:38PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pagipl wrote: »
    - this subject is regarding cancel eso plus sub.

Can You pls advice?

The OP is a direct customer of the console company, not Zos. So concerning a the question OP asks BillE has provided the correct answer. In other words, your comments do not make sense in this context.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    File complaints with Sony, Consumer Protection Agency (your local/state office & Maryland office), & BBB.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    File complaints with Sony, Consumer Protection Agency (your local/state office & Maryland office), & BBB.

Is Sony's USA headquarters in Maryland? Thinking they are not a direct customer of Zos that everything needs to go through Sony. I expect the BBB and such would see it just that way.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos is located in Maryland, you need to file a complaint at your local office, & the state office of the company your filing your complaint about.

Make sure to include the updated (highlighted) tos.

Include additional complaint for Zenimax Media.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos is located in Maryland, you need to file a complaint at your local office, & the state office of the company your filing your complaint about.

You seem to miss the very important question about how is OP a customer of? Being the vendor of choice is Sony, the same company required for starting and ending a subscription and the company that would issue any refunds if needed.

There are a lot of arm chair attorneys in these forms and they are often wrong.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »

You seem to miss the very important question about how is OP a customer of? Being the vendor of choice is Sony, the same company required for starting and ending a subscription and the company that would issue any refunds if needed.

There are a lot of arm chair attorneys in these forms and they are often wrong.

Going through Sony for a sub return or halt (the latter not possible) is a given as it was already tried/failed.

Sony has a return policy, recently updated, that may accommodate his/her issue when using the right verbiage.

"you have 14 days from purchase to request a refund to your wallet on PlayStation™Network. If you started to download or stream the purchased content you are not eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty."

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Requesting-a-Refund?language=en_US

If this is not possible, taking further steps (w/no expectation of return) I mentioned above is the right steps to take.

Not arm chair attorney...common sense, experience (I was charged for a sub that I canceled), & a google search.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on July 28, 2019 5:14AM
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: Talked to Sony Customer support on the phone today.

I was informed by Sony Interactive Customer Support that they cannot do anything--No ESO Plus Suspension and No Refund due to the fact that this is an isolated issue with the ESO Servers and not a PlayStation problem.

SO I just paid $139.00 for 1 year of ESO Plus which is basically worthless unless I want to play a game that has 5-10 second delay/unsynced sound and actions. If the unsynced sound and actions are actually addressed as part of the performance improvements which were just announced--I may only lose 7-9 months of my subscription!
    Edited by Willard on July 30, 2019 8:02PM
  • Alekzander13
    Alekzander13
    Soul Shriven
    Figured out how to control subscriptions, it is a really hidden and roundabout method. Ps4 main screen > account management > account information > service list > the elder scrolls online > eso plus. Not sure if it has an edit because it is purchased already but there is a definite turn off auto renew button
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be very interested in hearing if there is a way to "pause" a subscription. I'd love to run some random dungeons and have all the DLC excluded. If there were some sort of toggle for ESO+ added, that would be fantastic. In an ideal world ESO+ would be all upside, but this is what we have.

I'll keep en eye on this thread to see if a solution does come up.