The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Equipment

Sega4life
Sega4life
✭✭
I have five pieces of coward’s gear and five pieces of Archer’s mind. What is really frustrating that suddenly it will say that I only have four pieces of coward’s gear on the equipment screen, when I open up my inventory menu. When it states that I have four pieces of coward’s gear, I am not able to use major expedition, major protection and my increased movement will suddenly stop working it the middle of battle. The only way I would get it so work again is to constantly move my mainhand equipment to my main hand back up. It will change to 7 pieces of coward’s gear which is not right because I only have five pieces and five pieces of Archer’s mind. This happens with all my equipment. I already deleted my data and fully powered off my Xbox, uninstalled the game.... Can someone who cares fix this? I am only a ESO member and I sure do spend well over 200 hundred dollars a month on the game because I love the game but I feel I am not getting help on resolving this issue. 190724-002319
Edited by Sega4life on July 26, 2019 4:45PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which gear slots are these in? 2-handed weapons (staffs, bows, greatsword, battleaxe) count as 2 pieces. It could be that when you switch bars from sword and board to staff (for example) and they are not the all same set, you are no longer using a 5 piece set. Also, only your current bar counts towards the 5 piece set, the back bar when not selected, doesn't.
  • Sega4life
    Sega4life
    ✭✭
    No I have only bows as my equipment on my main hand and back hand. I switch from bow to bow again.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are some of the pieces jewelry?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sega4life
    Sega4life
    ✭✭
    Nestor, I am not sure I understand the question. All my Jewelry are of Cowards gear. I should probably list all my equipment so everybody can see what I exactly have... give just a few minutes.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asha probably been mentioned Is weapon swaps. All weapons need to be the same set bonus to put it simply.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sega4life wrote: »
    I have five pieces of coward’s gear and five pieces of Archer’s mind. What is really frustrating that suddenly it will say that I only have four pieces of coward’s gear on the equipment screen, when I open up my inventory menu. When it states that I have four pieces of coward’s gear, I am not able to use major expedition, major protection and my increased movement will suddenly stop working it the middle of battle. The only way I would get it so work again is to constantly move my mainhand equipment to my main hand back up. It will change to 7 pieces of coward’s gear which is not right because I only have five pieces and five pieces of Archer’s mind. This happens with all my equipment. I already deleted my data and fully powered off my Xbox, uninstalled the game.... Can someone who cares fix this? I am only a ESO member and I sure do spend well over 200 hundred dollars a month on the game because I love the game but I feel I am not getting help on resolving this issue. 190724-002319

This happens to me too but may not be the solution to your problem. But let me explain what had happened to me more than once.

You know how armor deteriorates over time and has to be repaired? Each piece of armor starts out with a number on it that represents the "life" of the armor. As you fight enemies that number gets lower and lower until it hits zero or you repair the armor with a repair kit or at a vendor NPC.

If you let the number on any piece of armor get all the way to zero, that piece of armor is removed from your stats as though you weren't wearing it. If you were wearing 5 pieces of Shacklebreaker, for example, and your Shacklebeaker Gloves' "life" number decreased all the way to zero, it would show you as only wearing 4 pieces of Shacklebeaker.

All you have to do is repair the armor that has a "life" reading of zero to get back your bonus for wearing 5 pieces. If you are in the middle of nowhere and not near a merchant who can repair your armor, just use a repair kit from your inventory (if you have one) to give the armor enough life to make it back to town. For example, what if your Gloves from the previous example had a possible life of 500, had deteriorated to zero as you fought, and all you had in your inventory was a petty repair kit that would only give back 50 of those "life" points? Go ahead and use the petty repair kit to give your armor some reading other than zero so at least you get back to having credit for wearing it. Then do the full repair when you get back to town. I'm not sure how much life a pair of gloves has or how many of those life points a petty repair kit actually recovers, but you get the point.

I've tried to over- explain this for the benefit of any new players who may read it. I have no idea how long you've been playing, OP, or what your level of knowledge is. I'm just offering a possible solution to your problem because it has happened to me. Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • Sega4life
    Sega4life
    ✭✭
    Main Hand Coward’s Gear
    Main Hand backup Bow of Dragon
    Head coward’s Gear Helmet
    Chest Jack of Archer’s Mind
    Shoulders Coward’s gear Arm Cops
    Waist Belt of Archers Mind
    Hands Bracers of the Archers Mind
    Legs of Archers Mind
    Feet Boots of Archers Mind
    Neck Coward’s Gear Necklace
    Ring 1 and 2 Coward’s Gear Ring
    I just equipped the shoulder because I realized I didn’t equipped anything in that slot, so I have 6 pieces of Coward’s Gear, 5 pieces of Archers Mind and 1 Bow of Dragon. It will suddenly say I have one four pieces of Coward’s Gear and I can’t figure out why. Also I wrote to ESO and they are still looking into it.
    I do appreciate everyone’s input and help.
    Edited by Sega4life on July 26, 2019 6:42PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main Hand Coward’s Gear
    Legs of Archers Mind
    I just equipped the shoulder because I realized I didn’t equipped anything in that slot, so I have 6 pieces of Coward’s Gear, 5 pieces of Archers Mind and 1 Bow of Dragon. It will suddenly say I have one four pieces of Coward’s Gear and I can’t figure out why. Also I wrote to ESO and they are still looking into it.

It looks like your bows are the problem. Only your active weapon bar counts towards your 5 piece. A bow counts as 2 pieces, so when you have the cowards bow active, it will show you have 6 pieces of cowards gear. When you switch to the Dragon bow, you loose the cowards bow bonus, and also loose 2 pieces, so you set gear drops to 4 pieces.

I bolded your cowards gear. With the cowards bow active you will have 6 pieces, when you have the dragon bow active you will have 4 pieces. Us a cowards bow for both front and back bar, and you will be fine.
    Edited by Ackwalan on July 26, 2019 7:43PM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Main Hand Coward’s Gear
    Legs of Archers Mind

It looks like your bows are the problem. Only your active weapon bar counts towards your 5 piece. A bow counts as 2 pieces, so when you have the cowards bow active, it will show you have 6 pieces of cowards gear. When you switch to the Dragon bow, you loose the cowards bow bonus, and also loose 2 pieces, so you set gear drops to 4 pieces.

I bolded your cowards gear. With the cowards bow active you will have 6 pieces, when you have the dragon bow active you will have 4 pieces. Us a cowards bow for both front and back bar, and you will be fine.

@Ackwalan You missed one piece of Coward's. The OP also has shoulders so without the weapons, he/she still has 5 pieces.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Sega4life
    Sega4life
    ✭✭
    So I have to have two coward bows? Does everyone have to do this? I am so confused lol
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I have to have two coward bows? Does everyone have to do this? I am so confused lol

@Sega4life

According to your list, you have 5 pieces of Coward's without the bow (helmet, shoulders, necklace, ring 1, and ring 2). You also have 5 pieces of Archers without the bows (chest, waist, hands, legs, and feet). Swapping weapons shouldn't make a difference because you would still have 5 pieces of each set. I would try changing the Coward's bow to something else that is not part of either set and see if it makes a difference. Maybe that Coward's bow is somehow confusing the game.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on July 26, 2019 11:56PM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Sega4life
    Sega4life
    ✭✭
    I repaired my equipment at a merchant and it still shows that I have only 5 pieces of gear when I have six and then after a loading screen it will show that I have seven pieces of coward’s gear. Lol