Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fishing in my House! What Anglers Really Want!

• goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is why I love the housing community. <3

I know, everyone here is so supportive! It's wonderful! Thank you for posting & supporting the thread! :)
    ~Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.~
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    Yes!

Thanks for supporting my thread! :)
    ~Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.~
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to fish in my houses, I only buy houses with water
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    I would love to be able to fish in my houses, I only buy houses with water

I love houses with water features. I wish more properties had beach front especially.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like a bucket with a stool next to it so when you sit down it shows you fishing into it. such would be nice for these small inn rooms. B)

you could make larger ones like a small pond/fountain size for homes with out water.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love this. Your fishing group sounds awesome, too.
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    Xerikten wrote: »
    I would like a bucket with a stool next to it so when you sit down it shows you fishing into it. such would be nice for these small inn rooms. B)

you could make larger ones like a small pond/fountain size for homes with out water.

That is such a cute idea! I love it!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand ZOS not wanting any resource-gathering in homes, but a fishing hole furnishing that allows the animations, without actually catching anything, would be welcome. No bait selection, just cast and wait, then re-cast etc.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @goddess2015 I love this idea! Having more items that one can interact with always helps a house feel more alive and gives us more incentive to visit. I picked up fishing early on in beta just to have another facet and interest to the game.

I received the Master Angler achievement and while I love the little boat, it would be fabulous if they included additional furnishings.

This is one of the more time consuming achievements in the game and it should have rewards to match.
    I think it actually took me longer to get that than Grand Overlord and especially Empress. (Although, I'd love to see those rewards increased as well, or at least additional ranks after Grand Overlord... it's more incentive for me to keep going back into Cyrodiil)...

If they began adding features like this to housing, and possibly farmlands, etc.. they'd have me "hooked" ... yes, pun intended 😉
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, I think there could be more than one of each per very large house.

Secondly, I think they could spawn all day, just like any other fishing hole.

Thirdly, why shouldn't they drop rares?

I often spend tons of time in my homes furnishing, anyway, so why not fishing there, too, if that is what people enjoy?

If anything, if they are for houses, they should drop more stuff for housing people - furnishing plans and items, occasionally, would be nice.

Could even be specifically themed ones included - ocean themed (e.g. ship in a bottle), river themed (e.g. trout in a display case) and so on.

It would be silly to only have occasionally spawning, sub-par fishing holes, if you have to jump through hoops to get them.

Almost no one would bother using them.

They should also remove the PVP part of the Master Angler achieve.

It's no good having these things, especially for furnishers, if most people simply won't bother to get the achieve due to PVP issues.
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 30, 2019 5:07PM
  • Hauteecole_Rider16
    Hauteecole_Rider16
    ✭✭✭
    I got the Master Angler achieve on my Nord fisherman and it was enjoyable, fun and a welcome break from the madcap pace of adventuring Caldwell's Silver and Gold. So proud to finally put that boat out at both my Dawnlight Palace dock and at my Serenity Falls at the waterfall. I do wish for fishing holes where my two fishing toons can relax with the fishing animation (where is the /fish emote?). And the OP hit the nail on the head regarding the rare fish as home furnishings - we pull salmon and trout and other fish as well as seaweed out of the water, why not the rare fish? I would love to have a trophy wall of them in my Nord's cabin.

As for having a fishing hole as a resource node, if ZOS did that, they would have to do the same with the Crafting Achievement furnishings you can buy from the crafting vendors (ore, butterfly bush, woodpile, etc), and perhaps that is just counterintuitive to getting people out in the overland world.

I did not find Cyrodiil particularly challenging - my Nord just sought out the backcountry and fished during the weekdays when Cyrod was relatively quiet. We did not encounter a single PVP player, nor was he tea bagged. A four hour stretch netted us all the rare fish we needed - RNG was really good to us that day. :blush:
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

I often spend tons of time in my homes furnishing, anyway, so why not fishing there, too, if that is what people enjoy?

If anything, if they are for houses, they should drop more stuff for housing people - furnishing plans and items, occasionally, would be nice.

Could even be specifically themed ones included - ocean themed (e.g. ship in a bottle), river themed (e.g. trout in a display case) and so on.

It would be silly to only have occasionally spawning, sub-par fishing holes, if you have to jump through hoops to get them.

It's no good having these things, especially for furnishers, if most people simply won't bother to get the achieve due to PVP issues.

Thank you for your post and support of this thread! Your ideas about the fishing holes are great! While I would love to have the housing fishing holes work just like you described, I doubt that ZOS would grant us full time fishing in our homes. I think they want us to go out into the world to fish in the zones. Why does this matter to them??? But I think it does. But this is the place to say what you want and maybe the Devs will see it and consider it!
    As for the PVP part of the Master Angler, I am NOT a pvp person at all. However, I did my Cyrodil fishing by being careful and sneaky. Actually, it was pretty secluded and nobody bothered me much. After I managed to get it finished, I felt a great sense of accomplishment and I now have a Very Rare Title! If they took out the PVP part, everyone would have the title and I would not wear it quite so proudly. What makes this a great accomplishment is that it is not fast nor easy, yet you don't have to be an elitist nor a pvp person to complete it. I am neither of those things...but I am a very proud Master Angler sporting my Slaughterfish Pink around town!
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    I got the Master Angler achieve on my Nord fisherman and it was enjoyable, fun and a welcome break from the madcap pace of adventuring Caldwell's Silver and Gold. So proud to finally put that boat out at both my Dawnlight Palace dock and at my Serenity Falls at the waterfall. I do wish for fishing holes where my two fishing toons can relax with the fishing animation (where is the /fish emote?). And the OP hit the nail on the head regarding the rare fish as home furnishings - we pull salmon and trout and other fish as well as seaweed out of the water, why not the rare fish? I would love to have a trophy wall of them in my Nord's cabin.

As for having a fishing hole as a resource node, if ZOS did that, they would have to do the same with the Crafting Achievement furnishings you can buy from the crafting vendors (ore, butterfly bush, woodpile, etc), and perhaps that is just counterintuitive to getting people out in the overland world.

I did not find Cyrodiil particularly challenging - my Nord just sought out the backcountry and fished during the weekdays when Cyrod was relatively quiet. We did not encounter a single PVP player, nor was he tea bagged. A four hour stretch netted us all the rare fish we needed - RNG was really good to us that day. :blush:

Excellent post! Perhaps if the -->DEVS READ THIS THREAD PLEASE<--- they might consider our collective requests/ideas and address the Fishing Folks wishes! That's what I'm here for...to get them to notice us! Thanks so very much for your support and helpful ideas! If there was a suggestion box...I would fill it up, but I am told this is the way to go to get noticed. Thanks again for supporting my thread!
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    @goddess2015 I love this idea! Having more items that one can interact with always helps a house feel more alive and gives us more incentive to visit. I picked up fishing early on in beta just to have another facet and interest to the game.

I received the Master Angler achievement and while I love the little boat, it would be fabulous if they included additional furnishings.

This is one of the more time consuming achievements in the game and it should have rewards to match.
    I think it actually took me longer to get that than Grand Overlord and especially Empress. (Although, I'd love to see those rewards increased as well, or at least additional ranks after Grand Overlord... it's more incentive for me to keep going back into Cyrodiil)...

If they began adding features like this to housing, and possibly farmlands, etc.. they'd have me "hooked" ... yes, pun intended 😉

Thanks for your great ideas and for supporting my thread! :)
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ppl would claim OP cause “reasons”... I will fully support a random boss occurrence when fishing tho... a hydra/kracken/giant squid/leviathan/etc.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for your post and support of this thread! Your ideas about the fishing holes are great! While I would love to have the housing fishing holes work just like you described, I doubt that ZOS would grant us full time fishing in our homes. I think they want us to go out into the world to fish in the zones. Why does this matter to them??? But I think it does. But this is the place to say what you want and maybe the Devs will see it and consider it!
    As for the PVP part of the Master Angler, I am NOT a pvp person at all. However, I did my Cyrodil fishing by being careful and sneaky. Actually, it was pretty secluded and nobody bothered me much. After I managed to get it finished, I felt a great sense of accomplishment and I now have a Very Rare Title! If they took out the PVP part, everyone would have the title and I would not wear it quite so proudly. What makes this a great accomplishment is that it is not fast nor easy, yet you don't have to be an elitist nor a pvp person to complete it. I am neither of those things...but I am a very proud Master Angler sporting my Slaughterfish Pink around town!

Then I can't support you in this, sorry. :(

I have PVPed in other games.

I pretty much did nothing other than WvW in GW2, until they messed it all up and I started lagging too badly and crashing too much to play.

But, I have always fought against people being effectively forced into PVP, or PVP zones, against their will, by non PVP-related items being locked behind the PVP wall.

To me, that is borderline abusive.

Everyone in PVP zones should be there because they want to be.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 7, 2019 5:51AM
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭

Then I can't support you in this, sorry. :(

I have PVPed in other games.

I pretty much did nothing other than WvW in GW2, until they messed it all up and I started lagging too badly and crashing too much to play.

But, I have always fought against people being effectively forced into PVP, or PVP zones, against their will, by non PVP-related items being locked behind the PVP wall.

To me, that is borderline abusive.

Everyone in PVP zones should be there because they want to be.

I understand completely. I don't think we should have PVP forced on us. I don't think we should have "any" type of gameplay forced onto us. However, the Master Angler achievement is Optional, not mandatory. And I don't think that it is fair to make it easier to get the achievement in future than it was for others in the past. I believe it was wrong of ZOS to put pve behind pvp zones. But they did. It forced all of us to choose to do or not to do that particular content. I chose to do it and I got an achievement that I am very proud of. If it was changed, it would belittle what is now a great accomplishment for those who already have the achievement. To be fair, I have to try to see from both points of view. In other words, you are right. It was wrong of ZOS to have done this in the first place. But there is no good and fair way to fix it now. Not a way that would be fair to both those who have done it before and after any changes.
    I am sorry you feel you can no longer support me, but I do appreciate you bringing your honest ideas and feelings to this thread. Thank you for that!
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Ppl would claim OP cause “reasons”... I will fully support a random boss occurrence when fishing tho... a hydra/kracken/giant squid/leviathan/etc.

Yes, you are probably right! Thank you for your post! :)
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, to all those ideas.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I understand completely. I don't think we should have PVP forced on us. I don't think we should have "any" type of gameplay forced onto us. However, the Master Angler achievement is Optional, not mandatory. And I don't think that it is fair to make it easier to get the achievement in future than it was for others in the past. I believe it was wrong of ZOS to put pve behind pvp zones. But they did. It forced all of us to choose to do or not to do that particular content. I chose to do it and I got an achievement that I am very proud of. If it was changed, it would belittle what is now a great accomplishment for those who already have the achievement. To be fair, I have to try to see from both points of view. In other words, you are right. It was wrong of ZOS to have done this in the first place. But there is no good and fair way to fix it now. Not a way that would be fair to both those who have done it before and after any changes.
    I am sorry you feel you can no longer support me, but I do appreciate you bringing your honest ideas and feelings to this thread. Thank you for that!

No problem.

Thank you for taking my slightly differing point of view with extremely good grace. :smile:

It's unusual.

I do get what you're saying.

Of course it's galling to think you did something you didn't want to do and didn't even agree with, for nothing.

However, when I have been in similar situations, in the past, where I have done something I felt was unfair and that I didn't really agree with, I have always tended to take the "This needs to end, now." position, rather than the "This unfair thing needs to continue forever, otherwise it's not fair on me.".

Yes, it means you have done more than the people coming up behind you, in this one area, but does that really matter?

They could always make an achievement, over and above Master Angler ("Extreme Angler", or something), that involves fishing in PVP zones and gives you something extra for it (a title and an armoured fishing rod furnishing, or something!).

Things you and the other brave players, like you, would get automatically, having already done it.

However, as we can both agree that it's wrong to force (often peaceful) fisherfolk into PVP, I just don't think anything further should be locked behind the current Master Angler achievement.

Unless its requirements are made not necessarily easier, or quicker, to achieve, but are made more universally acceptable, in this specific way.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 12, 2019 1:39PM
  • Jawshoeuh
    Jawshoeuh
    ✭✭✭

No problem.

Thank you for taking my slightly differing point of view with extremely good grace. :smile:

It's unusual.

Of course it's galling to think you did something you didn't want to do and didn't even agree with, for nothing.

However, when I have been in similar situations, in the past, where I have done something I felt was unfair and that I didn't really agree with, I have always tended to take the "This needs to end, now." position, rather than the "This unfair thing needs to continue forever, otherwise it's not fair on me.".

Yes, it means you have done more than the people coming up behind you, in this one area, but does that really matter?

They could always make an achievement, over and above Master Angler ("Extreme Angler", or something), that involves fishing in PVP zones and gives you something extra for it (a title and an armoured fishing rod furnishing, or something!).

Things you and the other brave players, like you, would get automatically, having already done it.

However, as we can both agree that it's wrong to force (often peaceful) fisherfolk into PVP, I just don't think anything further should be locked behind the current Master Angler achievement.

Unless its requirements are made not necessarily easier, or quicker, to achieve, but are made more universally acceptable, in this specific way.

Have you grabbed the skyshards from the pvp zones?
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭

No problem.

It's unusual.

Hello again! I think your ideas are really great! I have to say, when I remember how daunting and scary it was for my nervous fisher to set even a big toe into Cyrodil, yes, it matters to her/me. I'm certain it would matter to others too. It was sort of traumatic for a truly never before pvp person who had no idea what to expect and thinks that pvp is unrealistic to begin with. But I digress, that's for a different forum. However, A slightly different title for the achievement to recognize the difference in how it was achieved is an Amazing Idea! I just need something to flash saying " they forced me into PVP for this achievement" and out of my comfort zone! And I did it anyway! followed with a big ole *whew* LOL Your idea is great in my humble opinion. I don't see how anyone could be upset by this...if they are being reasonable. I would like for others to not have to go through what I did, yet be acknowledges because I went through it...and this is perfect in my opinion!
    This is exactly what I want for this thread. I want to keep it alive and keep it pleasant and maybe get the attention of the devs. For a change, they can see great ideas from people "not" arguing with each other. Thanks so very much for your post and your new ideas! It's so hard to find a fair solution for some of the things that need to be changed in this game...and this idea was just great! And it seems like it would be easy enough for the powers at be to fix! Thanks so much for posting again! I really appreciate you taking the time! :)

• goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    Jawshoeuh wrote: »

No problem.

It's unusual.

Have you grabbed the skyshards from the pvp zones?

NO, I have not gotten all of the SkyShards yet. I have a few. I usually sneak in when my alliance is in control of things....and I might run and grab a dolmen as well. Slow going, because it's just not my favorite place to be, and I do see more people going after those than when fishing. I am attacked and am forced to fight or die. Even when I win, it's just not my cup of tea.
    Yet I want the color associated with the achievement. So, once again...I must venture out of my comfort zone. *sigh*
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No problem.

It's unusual.

Hello again! I think your ideas are really great! I have to say, when I remember how daunting and scary it was for my nervous fisher to set even a big toe into Cyrodil, yes, it matters to her/me. I'm certain it would matter to others too. It was sort of traumatic for a truly never before pvp person who had no idea what to expect and thinks that pvp is unrealistic to begin with. But I digress, that's for a different forum. However, A slightly different title for the achievement to recognize the difference in how it was achieved is an Amazing Idea! I just need something to flash saying " they forced me into PVP for this achievement" and out of my comfort zone! And I did it anyway! followed with a big ole *whew* LOL Your idea is great in my humble opinion. I don't see how anyone could be upset by this...if they are being reasonable. I would like for others to not have to go through what I did, yet be acknowledges because I went through it...and this is perfect in my opinion!
    This is exactly what I want for this thread. I want to keep it alive and keep it pleasant and maybe get the attention of the devs. For a change, they can see great ideas from people "not" arguing with each other. Thanks so very much for your post and your new ideas! It's so hard to find a fair solution for some of the things that need to be changed in this game...and this idea was just great! And it seems like it would be easy enough for the powers at be to fix! Thanks so much for posting again! I really appreciate you taking the time! :)

Thank you for being so understanding. :smile: