Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A house on an 'island' like Stiches in Elsweyr

wnights
wnights
✭✭✭
Hi all!

I got an interesting idea the other day. Wouldn't it be cool to have a medium-sized house on a rock island (like the one Stiches is build on but maybe a bit smaller).

Having a house high up surrounded by a see-through fence ( like the balcony of the Alinor house) would be so cool!

What do you guys think?

There are so much potential for medium houses in general all around Tamriel, it genuinely make me disappointed ZOS don't add more houses purchasable with gold. I am sure people would be more willing to splurge on crown store furniture if only they didn't have to pay $100 for a digital house....
Edited by wnights on July 25, 2019 8:11AM
Keirah Belmore - Dark elf Magblade
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that's a great idea for a house. Unfortunately, I think ZOS is determined to stick with their current pricing model i.e. the harpoon model!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be interested in a house like that.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be great. :smile:
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    More medium sized houses! The Stitches would be ideal for one.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    More medium sized houses! The Stitches would be ideal for one.

It would.

There is a walled off medium/large house, up there, that would be so nice...

Someone said it was used in a quest, but I don't remember going there.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whilst I am nowhere near the level of interior design awesomeness displayed on this forum, I am rather partial to owning & decorating houses in this game - and after doing a couple of massive ones, I find I much prefer doing the medium sized ones, as they feel just the right size 🙂
  • wnights
    wnights
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Whilst I am nowhere near the level of interior design awesomeness displayed on this forum, I am rather partial to owning & decorating houses in this game - and after doing a couple of massive ones, I find I much prefer doing the medium sized ones, as they feel just the right size 🙂

Exactly!
    Keirah Belmore - Dark elf Magblade
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can truly see an Island house being added in but I would like to see Necromancer Island in the game too and it's all good to have both.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Hunding's Palace a medium on an island?
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DMBCML wrote: »
    Isn't Hunding's Palace a medium on an island?

Well, it's technically a Large, which I tend to prefer to Medium, actually:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YBf5fghDWFiZbLgVpmLemhcieKP-cojDojItGNpWgEU/edit#gid=0

However, it is the size of a fairly typical Manor/Notable.

So, could do with at least 700 slots, rather than 600, to do both the inside and outside (balconies, possibly roof, courtyard, seafront area etc.) properly.

An example of a Large house, that is about the right size for its 600 furniture limit, is the Alinor Townhouse.

I wouldn't object to a few more slots there, but it doesn't really need it.

Then you have Mistveil, another Large, which (unusually) has a really generous slot to space ratio.

So, I think most of it is a proportional thing - do the number of slots fit the space?

I kind of wonder, when people say they want "medium houses", whether they actually mean they want Medium (as the game describes them) houses, like Grymharth's Woe and Ald Velothi (with 400 slots)?

Or whether most actually mean Large (but not Manors/Notables)?

Really, the game should provide all sizes, but just make sure not to exceed a certain space to slot ratio.

So, that would include adding more houses the size of Hunding's, but with a Manor/Notable furnishing limit.

Of course, it's even more complicated than that, as the Topal Island is enormous, but the furnishing limit feels OK there, as it only has 5 huts and a few terraces and things that need furnishing extensively.

Most of the outside space can be, virtually, left wild.

So, it's more about the size of the building(s) and the number of flat spaces/terraces that you feel you need to furnish, for it to look complete, than it is about the overall size of the plot.

For example, you could have a house the size and design of of Hunding's (with the courtyards, balconies and tower), but placed on a large island plot (like Topal) and 700 slots would still probably be enough.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 4, 2019 2:59AM