Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can someone help me? My game is messed up

Urusovite
Urusovite
✭✭✭
Hello, I am a PS4 NA player and have been playing since launch and never experienced anything quite this bad. Not even the patch with all the loading screens as this is that with more impediments.

I apologize in advance for the long post, but it is important to read it all before suggesting fixes.

When Wrathstone dropped, I lost the ability to queue into any campaign because the button didn’t exist. It was not an alliance issue or me being inside Cyrodiil because I tried in Mournhold too and all my other characters to no avail. When people tried to queue me as a means to try and get around the issue, it'd say “you are already queued for this campaign” and never let me in. So, I tried PvE and couldn’t do that either. Nothing renders – invisible mobs, delayed audio, random loading screens, missing textures, etc., always! Any area whether it is instanced or not will not load properly. It can be Skyreach, the farm by Mournhold's undaunted enclave, trials, group dungeons, public dungoens, delves, and everything between. I then lost the ability to login altogether for a good long while and have been on Borderlands instead.

While playing with friends on Borderlands we decided to try and find a cause. To test the issue, I asked a friend who wasn't having an issue on her PS4 if I could try a dungeon on her account to see if I was having the same issues. If I was, then it was a problem with my console rather than the game. However, the game on their account, ON MY PS4, ran perfectly fine in the same dungeons and whatever. I was able to login afterwards on mine but I still had the issues mentioned above. There are only a couple people I know on PS4 NA having a similar issue so it is not common, but it is debilitating. It has been going on for a long time and I haven't really played much as a result of all the content being unplayable.

When an Elsweyr dropped, I was able to load into Cyrodiil again. However, the ground texture and all terrain was invisible making it impossible for me to navigate without bumping into obstacles. I could see through walls and everything though which was kinda funny but not funny at the same time. All the other issues mentioned are still happening. I think my ESO account might be bugged. Here is what I have done to try and fix the issue:

- close app
- restart ps4
- clear save data on system and in cloud (done twice)
- delete and reinstall ESO (done twice)
- test internet (60mbps up, 30mbps down)
- initialize the ps4 completely deleting my PSN account and everything off of it and re-downloading everything from scratch.
- contacting sony (not an issue with the console proven with the test mentioned in the above paragraph and according to them).
- messed with TV settings

If there is a way for someone to reset my account so the game can rebuild without deleting progress on my account that would be great and maybe fix the issue like the Elsweyr update did with my Cyrodiil queue. Or perhaps there is a setting in game I need to mess with?

Here are some pictures of some of what I see. Remember this is constant. Its is not off-and-on. It is from the moment I login to the moment I log off.

What I see:
qD6izCB.jpg

What I am supposed to see:
8Edztah.jpg

Other rendering issues:
IrxLQYy.jpg
sESDbwT.jpg

Customer service was no help. Submitting a ticket did nothing.
Edited by Urusovite on July 26, 2019 6:45PM
PS4 NA
Medium Stam Dk since launch
Technologically incompetent I'm told

Solo play is the only way

Best Answer

• cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first guess is your net. Something to do with the connection itself. What do you have? Landline, wireless, satelite? Mine used to flip out on me like that. Things wouldn't load correctly or extreme lag. I have since switched to an ethernet line instead of wireless. I still can't play online and surf the web at the same time but it works for me.

Check your net connection. Play with a line if you're wireless. If you're using satelite, you're screwed (too much latency to play most online games). My other suggestion is turning everything off that runs on wifi or is using the net. Use just the ps4 and see if that makes a difference. Since you've reinstalled twice, I doubt it has anything to do with your game files or account.
  • Urusovite
    Urusovite
    ✭✭✭
    My first guess is your net. Something to do with the connection itself. What do you have? Landline, wireless, satelite? Mine used to flip out on me like that. Things wouldn't load correctly or extreme lag. I have since switched to an ethernet line instead of wireless. I still can't play online and surf the web at the same time but it works for me.

Check your net connection. Play with a line if you're wireless. If you're using satelite, you're screwed (too much latency to play most online games). My other suggestion is turning everything off that runs on wifi or is using the net. Use just the ps4 and see if that makes a difference. Since you've reinstalled twice, I doubt it has anything to do with your game files or account.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I know it is not my internet. When playing a friends account through my PS4, everything ran fine and worked and I had been using my same internet I always use.
    PS4 NA

• Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's a weird issue to be sure. Maybe your builds are so good that your characters have achieved CHIM... ;)

The only thing I can suggest that you haven't already done, or at least didn't list that you'd done, is to log in and purposely have your character die.

I know how it sounds, but it's fixed weird bugs with weapon/armor textures and skills permanently greyed out for me in the past. Never quite had what you have though.

Edit: forgot to add to Rez at a wayshrine, then immediately use it to go to a different zone.
    Edited by Siohwenoeht on July 26, 2019 4:03AM
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My first guess is your net. Something to do with the connection itself.

It's not a network connection issue if OP can log into one account (the friend's account), and the game is fine, but if OP logs into his own account, the game is borked. OP was clear on that.

OP, I don't think this is an issue you can resolve.

It is possible for an account to become corrupted server-side. A friend of mine was unable to remain in Cyrodiil for more than 15 minutes before the 'Removing from area' mechanic initiated and booted him from Cyrodiil. I'm talking the mechanic that operates in dungeons when you have left group and the instance closes. This persisted for nearly a year before my friend received an e-mail informing him that a problem with his account had been resolved.

I have a different account bug. I cannot use wayshrines to transit between capitol cities without disconnecting. Disconnects occur nearly every time. I also will disconnect 7 out of 10 times when travelling to a group member in a dungeon or trial, and I always disconnect after defeating the final boss. This began the day dueling was introduced, and I gave up trying to resolve it more than a year ago. I've spent close to a thousand dollars rebuilding my entire game rig from my ISP main service line to the controller in my hands. I have learned to live with the bug.

I suggest continuing to pursue customer service. You will be advised to re-save, re-install, replace ethernet cables, restore PS4 licenses, rebuild PS4 database, reconfigure your router ports, upgrade the firmware in your router and modem, test your household network wiring, disable all other devices, and have your ISP run tests.

I did all of the above. I also bought a new standalone PS4 that does nothing but run ESO. I tested 5 different routers. I replaced my ISP-supplied modem 3 times; they are done doing that. I also paid my ISP to run a brand new service line from their main 'trunk' line and replace the internal feed inside my house.

To this day, I cannot transit between capital cities without disconnecting. Everyone I play with knows I will disconnect when I travel to the dungeon or trial. At least one stays behind after defeating the final boss until I confirm I got my loot.

Stay on top of customer service. It will take weeks.

• Urusovite
    Urusovite
    ✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    My first guess is your net. Something to do with the connection itself.

It's not a network connection issue if OP can log into one account (the friend's account), and the game is fine, but if OP logs into his own account, the game is borked. OP was clear on that.

OP, I don't think this is an issue you can resolve.

It is possible for an account to become corrupted server-side. A friend of mine was unable to remain in Cyrodiil for more than 15 minutes before the 'Removing from area' mechanic initiated and booted him from Cyrodiil. I'm talking the mechanic that operates in dungeons when you have left group and the instance closes. This persisted for nearly a year before my friend received an e-mail informing him that a problem with his account had been resolved.

I have a different account bug. I cannot use wayshrines to transit between capitol cities without disconnecting. Disconnects occur nearly every time. I also will disconnect 7 out of 10 times when travelling to a group member in a dungeon or trial, and I always disconnect after defeating the final boss. This began the day dueling was introduced, and I gave up trying to resolve it more than a year ago. I've spent close to a thousand dollars rebuilding my entire game rig from my ISP main service line to the controller in my hands. I have learned to live with the bug.

I suggest continuing to pursue customer service. You will be advised to re-save, re-install, replace ethernet cables, restore PS4 licenses, rebuild PS4 database, reconfigure your router ports, upgrade the firmware in your router and modem, test your household network wiring, disable all other devices, and have your ISP run tests.

I did all of the above. I also bought a new standalone PS4 that does nothing but run ESO. I tested 5 different routers. I replaced my ISP-supplied modem 3 times; they are done doing that. I also paid my ISP to run a brand new service line from their main 'trunk' line and replace the internal feed inside my house.

To this day, I cannot transit between capital cities without disconnecting. Everyone I play with knows I will disconnect when I travel to the dungeon or trial. At least one stays behind after defeating the final boss until I confirm I got my loot.

Stay on top of customer service. It will take weeks.

I will try this. Not the greatest news but its sounds like that is what I'm going to have to do.
    PS4 NA

• BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @therift crumbs.... how do you bother playing with those issues.... gulp.

Yeah I was going to suggest putting a ticket in.... I had a few issues on one character that were resolved by customer service within a couple of months (nothing as bad as that though)....
  • Urusovite
    Urusovite
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I was going to suggest putting a ticket in.... I had a few issues on one character that were resolved by customer service within a couple of months (nothing as bad as that though)....

I just don't see how customer service will help when all I get is an automated reply.
    PS4 NA

• Urusovite
    Urusovite
    ✭✭✭
    That's a weird issue to be sure. Maybe your builds are so good that your characters have achieved CHIM... ;)

The only thing I can suggest that you haven't already done, or at least didn't list that you'd done, is to log in and purposely have your character die.

I know how it sounds, but it's fixed weird bugs with weapon/armor textures and skills permanently greyed out for me in the past. Never quite had what you have though.

Edit: forgot to add to Rez at a wayshrine, then immediately use it to go to a different zone.

Did not work. Did manage to blue screen afterwards though and back to Borderlands I went.
    PS4 NA

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Urusovite wrote: »

I just don't see how customer service will help when all I get is an automated reply.

The automated reply is standard; think of it as a receipt rather than a response. It puts you into the queue to have your *actual* ticket, the one you type into email and send in your reply to the autoresponse, seen. They did that to weed out the ones that are accidental or not serious, it was just poorly designed. Really what you put into the text of your ticket in-game is pretty meaningless as no one will read it, just choose your category correctly so it goes to the right department and then when you get the auto-response, that's when you tell them the details of your problem. Responding directly to the autoresponse gets to an actual human.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urusovite wrote: »
    Customer service was no help. Submitting a ticket did nothing.

First customer support ticket will get an automated response. Every time.

I've gotten automated responses on people threatening violence against other players, on a request to transfer guild leadership from an inactive member, on the gear deterioration bug, and even an instance where someone in zone propositioned me. Yeah, that was a weird message.

Anyway, every response gets an automated reply on the first pass. This does weed out people who made a mistake, or didn't understand something simple. So, when someone goes, "I can't log in," they'll get a pre-written recommendation for how to deal with the common issue it looks like. I'm not 100% certain, but those auto-replies might be selected by a chatbot.

The next step is to reply to the ticket, and inform them that the pre-canned response isn't applicable. Keep explaining the situation, with something as weird as yours, it'll probably get passed between reps with each reply, so just stick at it. Don't take it out on them. Explain your issue, and why the reply you received isn't applicable.

Simply firing off a ticket and forgetting about it only works when you're reporting another player's behavior. When it's something that's serious, and the canned response doesn't give you a fix, you need to update that ticket.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah as above - the ticket is just the first step.... when you get the auto response it seems on the face of it a waste of time but as the others have said you just follow it through.... they’ve been really good whenever I’ve put in tickets.... even though before I understood the system I was a bit frustrated that I felt initially they weren’t listening - they were....

Good luck!
  • Unij
    Unij
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen stuff like this on my notebook only when:
    -I played long sessions without breaks (overheating of hardware/gpu)
    -While the graphic settings were maxed out and on high resolution
    -Particle systems/effects were maxed
    -Environmental/visual effects were all on
    -View distance was set high (resulting in the game still loading areas that you aready passed while the area you see in front of you can't even load properly)
    -At peak hours in groups (mostly noticable in Cyrodiil, Dungeons, Trials and BGs)

What helped me most was turn down all settings, cleaning the fan and reapply new thermal paste, the old one was already hard as stone.

And then stop playing long sessions without breaks. The breaks are actually not for you, but for your console to cool down. And I guess you should check the thermal paste too, thermal paste should be replaced every 2 years if you play actively. Maybe when you tested it with your friends account her settings were different and your console was cool at that time. Also die and then port somewhere else with less people/buildings to reduce the load.
    Edited by Unij on July 26, 2019 10:21AM
    Main char is a Strong Nord Man, Thief, Vampire, Healer, Mastercrafter. PC-EU since 2016.
  • rsantijw13
    rsantijw13
    ✭✭✭
    Its the new norm man. Good luck
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have not yet put in a ticket do so now, with all the thorough testing you have already done I doubt there is more you can do on your own. It's time for zos cs to help you fix this.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try a new hard drive..preferably ssd...
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you were able to play a different account on your same console and network, it seems pretty clear that the issue is with your account. This is unfortunate because account level corruption happens, but is pretty rare and is the type of single-impact issue that zeni is slowest to resolve.

As said above all you can do is stay on top of your support ticket. Keep responding when they suggest you do things you’ve already tried, routinely respond asking for updates when they go silent on you.

Tickets are prioritized based on many factors, primarily the seriousness of the problem, the number of users impacted, and the complexity. In your case it’s a single user/account issue that will be somewhat time consuming to research (though probably easy to fix once the cause is established). That means it goes into an already full queue of the guy with an already full workload who’s expected to spend his time researching high priority problems amd updates and work on the lower impact ones “when he has time”. This usually leads to a queue cleanup effort a few times a year for the low priority ones where the assumption is “we haven’t heard from this person recently it must not still be a problem” and they will close your ticket without having done anything. If you want this fixed you will have to babysit the ticket.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    Try a new hard drive..preferably ssd...

That's really not going to resolve an issue in which one ESO account runs fine and another ESO account does not.

The problem is clearly server-side.

Upgrading a PS4 to an SSD is not a bad idea. The process is simpler than upgrading the OS drive for many PCs, and PS4 owners will experience faster performance, but...

SSD drives cost nearly as much as the console itself, and to gain the best bang for the buck, RAM should be ugraded as well, which is not possible on certain PS4 models, and we still have the issue of bus speed limitations of SATA II, which is going to affect ESO performance more than other games and applications on PS4.

Consoles are good MMO platforms. The cheap price and fixed architecture comes at the cost of very limited flexibility.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your friend's account and character work on your PS4?

So does your account and character work on theirs? Because that, to me, would be the final test as far as whether it's on the ZOS end of things.

If it is, reply to your ticket and ask them to dig deeper, listing all the things you've already tried.

I'm tagging @ZOS_BillE in case they can escalate this for you (since you already have an open ticket).
    PS4NA
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fatality <-- OP guild! Hope things get better for ya!
  • Urusovite
    Urusovite
    ✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Your friend's account and character work on your PS4?

So does your account and character work on theirs? Because that, to me, would be the final test as far as whether it's on the ZOS end of things.

If it is, reply to your ticket and ask them to dig deeper, listing all the things you've already tried.

I'm tagging @ZOS_BillE in case they can escalate this for you (since you already have an open ticket).

Actually haven't tried that. Will have to check.
    PS4 NA

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your friend’s account works fine on your PS4, it seems likely that your account is corrupted server database-side. As others have said, getting your friend to test your account would be definitive proof. You could also try creating an alternate account on your PS4 (you’ll have access to all of your games) to see if that account also has issues.