Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fishing in my House! What Anglers Really Want!

goddess2015
goddess2015
✭✭✭
My Fishing Guild has been around since before One Tamriel. We are a bunch of Master Anglers with a boat parked back at the primary residence, while we are our fishing. These guys & gals were fishing before fishing was cool...back before perfect roe existed. We fish together, we sell Perfect Roe and Unfilleted Fish on our trader, and we kill anything that moves to see if it drops fish bait. We fish.... ALOT! & we talk about fishing! One night sitting around the campfire, down on the beach of our island guild home... we were discussing What Anglers Really Want. We decided that we should make our Fishy Demands knows to the Devs...so here goes.....
1) We want Fishing Holes that are furnishing items for the water areas of our houses. One of each type: River Hole, Ocean Hole, Lake Hole, Foul Hole. These four holes will each Spawn once a day, at random times...and they would produce no rare spawns. This would insure that eventually people really will leave their homes and join the rest of the world for questing and other fun activities. These four Fish Holes can be placed on a Shiny Brand New Master Angler Achievement Vendor. They can also be offered via a crown store ONLY available IF one of your toons has unlocked the Master Angler Achievement! Perhaps these new furnishing item fishing holes could even be craftable by Master Crafters.
2) We want Fishing Boat Rentals. We want to "rent" a fishing boat, for a modest gold fee, to take us out to sea, or onto the lake, river and swamp/foul areas to fish several never before reached fishing holes. Perhaps once a day, the Shiny New Master Angler Achievement Vendor could offer free tokens to rent the fishing boat to those who qualify. These boat rentals could be an instance...just like a small delve or quest is an instance.
3) Now that we have the adorable Fisher Costume...we would like a Fishing Pole, Fishing Spear, Fishing Net, Fillet Dagger weapon Motifs to change the look of your current weapon/weapons into the fishing accessory of your choice. These Motifs can drop from the new fishing holes that you fish while out on the new Fishing Rental Boat! :)
4) We want the Rare fish from each zone to be a Housing item that we can place in our House! We want them to look like the adorable Icons you see when you view them in your inventory. We want to place them in our aquariums or mount them on the wall. These new house friendly fish can have their own Category under housing editor just like the Undaunted Busts, so they wont eat away at your Available Item Slots.
5) We want Bonus Fish Yield from each fish hole during the events, just like we have Bonus Harvest time in the zones where the events are happening.

Some of these Fishy Wishes are Housing, some are Overland...all are things we would Love to See implemented into the game!
Please, Add your ideas to this list...keep it active...make sure the Devs see this. Let's remind them that Fishers are important too and to please consider our Fishy Demands!
I will check back later, as I am interested to hear what my fellow fishers would like to add to this list....but for now...I'm Gone Fishing!

Fishy Disclaimer: No Trolls Allowed! Don't bash this post! If you don't like fishing or housing, Kindly Move Along.
~Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.~
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    One of things preventing me from buying Earthtear in Craglorn was the lack of a small fishing boat or raft that I could DRIVE around and FISH! This would be awesome!
  • Jawshoeuh
    Jawshoeuh
    ✭✭✭
    My Fishing Guild has been around since before One Tamriel. We are a bunch of Master Anglers with a boat parked back at the primary residence, while we are our fishing. These guys & gals were fishing before fishing was cool...back before perfect roe existed. We fish together, we sell Perfect Roe and Unfilleted Fish on our trader, and we kill anything that moves to see if it drops fish bait. We fish.... ALOT! & we talk about fishing! One night sitting around the campfire, down on the beach of our island guild home... we were discussing What Anglers Really Want. We decided that we should make our Fishy Demands knows to the Devs...so here goes.....
    1) We want Fishing Holes that are furnishing items for the water areas of our houses. One of each type: River Hole, Ocean Hole, Lake Hole, Foul Hole. These four holes will each Spawn once a day, at random times...and they would produce no rare spawns. This would insure that eventually people really will leave their homes and join the rest of the world for questing and other fun activities. These four Fish Holes can be placed on a Shiny Brand New Master Angler Achievement Vendor. They can also be offered via a crown store ONLY available IF one of your toons has unlocked the Master Angler Achievement! Perhaps these new furnishing item fishing holes could even be craftable by Master Crafters.
    2) We want Fishing Boat Rentals. We want to "rent" a fishing boat, for a modest gold fee, to take us out to sea, or onto the lake, river and swamp/foul areas to fish several never before reached fishing holes. Perhaps once a day, the Shiny New Master Angler Achievement Vendor could offer free tokens to rent the fishing boat to those who qualify. These boat rentals could be an instance...just like a small delve or quest is an instance.
    3) Now that we have the adorable Fisher Costume...we would like a Fishing Pole, Fishing Spear, Fishing Net, Fillet Dagger weapon Motifs to change the look of your current weapon/weapons into the fishing accessory of your choice. These Motifs can drop from the new fishing holes that you fish while out on the new Fishing Rental Boat! :)
    4) We want the Rare fish from each zone to be a Housing item that we can place in our House! We want them to look like the adorable Icons you see when you view them in your inventory. We want to place them in our aquariums or mount them on the wall. These new house friendly fish can have their own Category under housing editor just like the Undaunted Busts, so they wont eat away at your Available Item Slots.
    5) We want Bonus Fish Yield from each fish hole during the events, just like we have Bonus Harvest time in the zones where the events are happening.

Some of these Fishy Wishes are Housing, some are Overland...all are things we would Love to See implemented into the game!
    Please, Add your ideas to this list...keep it active...make sure the Devs see this. Let's remind them that Fishers are important too and to please consider our Fishy Demands!
    I will check back later, as I am interested to hear what my fellow fishers would like to add to this list....but for now...I'm Gone Fishing!

Fishy Disclaimer: No Trolls Allowed! Don't bash this post! If you don't like fishing or housing, Kindly Move Along.

BEST. THING. I. HAVE. READ. ON. THESE. FORUMS. EVER.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely ideas, it would be great to sea them added! :wink: It's a shame that it's unlikely to happen - people have been asking for harvesting nodes for their house for a long time but it seems ZOS can't or don't want to implement it. Still, there's no need to give up, these are fun suggestions!
  • FoolishOptimist
    FoolishOptimist
    ✭✭✭
    A group of players that don’t often get consideration. I’m not one to enjoy ESO fishing, but I hope you gain some traction with these ideas :)

If fishing required a little more attention or challenge other than hitting “reel in” at the right moment, do you think fishing would be more popular?
  • Jawshoeuh
    Jawshoeuh
    ✭✭✭
    A group of players that don’t often get consideration. I’m not one to enjoy ESO fishing, but I hope you gain some traction with these ideas :)

If fishing required a little more attention or challenge other than hitting “reel in” at the right moment, do you think fishing would be more popular?

Absolutely. Summerset proved that with the motif!
  • SamboJ
    SamboJ
    ✭✭✭
    All great ideas!

I've developed my share of game expansions just for fun (doom, q2, f2, f3, f4, es3, es4, es5) I can testify it'd take a good crew of 2 people about a week to get all of this set up & looking fantastic ;) I could program the Master Angler boat to travel on water, over the slaughterfish & beyond to an ocean worldboss in less than an hour. Master Fisher Achievement Vendor... probably take 5mins :*

I'd like to see a craftable bucket of fish recipe. Empty the bucket to create a fishing hole in the waters of your house. Again, probably take around 5mins to program *sigh*

Fishing in ESO needs a whole bunch of mini-upgrades, without a doubt!
    "Chasing elder scrolls since 2002."
    Founder of Tamriel Fisheries (PC/NA/2015)
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm saving up for the house on Stros M'kai, which has a ruddy private beach, so you have my support OP.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why we need gardening & farming as a world or crafting skill line like owning fish farms in your home would be cool.
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    I'm saving up for the house on Stros M'kai, which has a ruddy private beach, so you have my support OP.

I have that house so Op has my support as well.
  • WembleyOTG
    WembleyOTG
    ✭✭✭
    I would love the fishing holes for my house. Or the rare fish as trophies. I do fish a lot too.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fish in every rpgmmo I play and I collect anything fishy I can get my hands on. Afcourse I did my master Amgler ...fishing is in my blood. I actually enjoy venturing out to fish as I love many of the beautiful fishing spots around Tamriel. I wouldn't complain about fishing in my houses, I own the palace and hundings and I have my lil fishing piers but no fish as yet afcourse.

My main wish for fishing is more fishing rewards and a variety of boats to choose from as furnishings also some new and fun fishing achievements.

Fishing really does need an overhaul....so many of us love it and are dedicated fishy people....i love our fishy folk costume we got so a big thank you to zos for that 😊😊😊
    Edited by wishlist14 on July 25, 2019 9:55PM
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭

I have Hunding Palatial Hall which is the house that you speak of...I built a dock to fish off of, complete with Fish Rack with hanging fish, Rack with Fishing Pole & Fish Spears on it, the Huge Luxury Vendor Anchor, the Master Angler Achievement boat.....it's all set up with the fishing theme....just waiting for the Housing Item Fishing Holes to be put into game. :) Or maybe the ability to take my boat out on the ocean and fish. Would be so cool to fish off of the dock there on my own private island.
    ~Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.~
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have Hunding Palatial Hall which is the house that you speak of...I built a dock to fish off of, complete with Fish Rack with hanging fish, Rack with Fishing Pole & Fish Spears on it, the Huge Luxury Vendor Anchor, the Master Angler Achievement boat.....it's all set up with the fishing theme....just waiting for the Housing Item Fishing Holes to be put into game. :) Or maybe the ability to take my boat out on the ocean and fish. Would be so cool to fish off of the dock there on my own private island.

Yea that would be amazing !!!!😊😊😊
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a Master Angler myself, I thoroughly endorse your wishes and think all suggestions in your post are awesome.

You have my admiration and respect @goddess2015 .
    Edited by disintegr8 on July 25, 2019 10:01PM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    Jawshoeuh wrote: »

Absolutely. Summerset proved that with the motif!

Thank you for your post! I really appreciate the support! I value everyone's ideas and love to hear them.
    Just to clarify... most of the Fisher Folk that I spoke to enjoy the relaxing feel of fishing just the way it is. It is a niche for some of the more laid back players who want to just roam, harvest, and fish as they make their way though a zone. Or for those devoted and patient enough to catch every rare fish in the game. Attaining the Master Angler Achievement IS a challenge. I see fewer Master Angler titles than I do Former Emperor titles. You have to travel through all the original zones and even go fishing in Cyrodil. Even those of us who do not do PVP have to sneak into there and fish. This is definitely a challenge.
    True it is not exciting enough of a challenge for some people, but that's okay. We need a few relaxing past times. There are plenty of very exciting and challenging activities in ESO already. PVP, Dungeons, Trials. ESO has something for everyone. That's what makes this game Great! It gives us so many choices!

I don't want to change the actual fishing at all, I would just like to see a few extra perks thrown in for those who LOVE to fish. Rewards for those who are patient and tenacious enough to actually achieve that Master Angler Rank. I don't want it to be more popular, I just want either achievement rewards or crown store purchase items suited to my desired past time. Never at any time have I ever I heard a true angler say they wanted fishing to be "more challenging or exciting or interesting".
    Fisher Folk already love fishing. Master Anglers are already interested.
    However, They DO say...
    " I want fishing holes in my house". Or " I wish I could fish from a boat" Or " I wish my Rare fish could hang on the wall in my house"

I agree that motifs would be a great reward for fishing ,however, any drops from fishing should be pertaining to fishing and only of interest to those who already love to fish. It would be fantastic to get Armor Motifs or Outfit Style Pages that give us the look of a Master Angler complete with fishing rod weapon, bucket of worms, fishing spear...etc.

I am simply trying to give a voice to those who already love to fish. Maybe get them a few Master Angler Only Perks.
    This thread is a compilation of what Master Anglers have told me they would love to see, along with a few of mine own ideas.
    Maybe the devs will hear us...:)
    Thanks again so much for posting and helping us gain attention.Very Much appreciated! :)

• goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for your post! I really appreciate the support! I value everyone's ideas and love to hear them.
    Just to clarify... most of the Fisher Folk that I spoke to enjoy the relaxing feel of fishing just the way it is. It is a niche for some of the more laid back players who want to just roam, harvest, and fish as they make their way though a zone. Or for those devoted and patient enough to catch every rare fish in the game. Attaining the Master Angler Achievement IS a challenge. I see fewer Master Angler titles than I do Former Emperor titles. You have to travel through all the original zones and even go fishing in Cyrodil. Even those of us who do not do PVP have to sneak into there and fish. This is definitely a challenge.
    True it is not exciting enough of a challenge for some people, but that's okay. We need a few relaxing past times. There are plenty of very exciting and challenging activities in ESO already. PVP, Dungeons, Trials. ESO has something for everyone. That's what makes this game Great! It gives us so many choices!

I don't want to change the actual fishing at all, I would just like to see a few extra perks thrown in for those who LOVE to fish. Rewards for those who are patient and tenacious enough to actually achieve that Master Angler Rank. I don't want it to be more popular, I just want either achievement rewards or crown store purchase items suited to my desired past time. Never at any time have I ever I heard a true angler say they wanted fishing to be "more challenging or exciting or interesting".
    Fisher Folk already love fishing. Master Anglers are already interested.
    However, They DO say...
    " I want fishing holes in my house". Or " I wish I could fish from a boat" Or " I wish my Rare fish could hang on the wall in my house"

I agree that motifs would be a great reward for fishing ,however, any drops from fishing should be pertaining to fishing and only of interest to those who already love to fish. It would be fantastic to get Armor Motifs or Outfit Style Pages that give us the look of a Master Angler complete with fishing rod weapon, bucket of worms, fishing spear...etc.

I am simply trying to give a voice to those who already love to fish. Maybe get them a few Master Angler Only Perks.
    This thread is a compilation of what Master Anglers have told me they would love to see, along with a few of mine own ideas.
    Maybe the devs will hear us...:)
    Thanks again so much for posting and helping us gain attention.Very Much appreciated! :)

• goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    SamboJ wrote: »
    All great ideas!

I've developed my share of game expansions just for fun (doom, q2, f2, f3, f4, es3, es4, es5) I can testify it'd take a good crew of 2 people about a week to get all of this set up & looking fantastic ;) I could program the Master Angler boat to travel on water, over the slaughterfish & beyond to an ocean worldboss in less than an hour. Master Fisher Achievement Vendor... probably take 5mins :*

I'd like to see a craftable bucket of fish recipe. Empty the bucket to create a fishing hole in the waters of your house. Again, probably take around 5mins to program *sigh*

Fishing in ESO needs a whole bunch of mini-upgrades, without a doubt!

Thanks for the support for my post! I hope we can see some of these easy to do items become real! Thanks for sharing your ideas with me prior to my post! Happy fishing!
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Lovely ideas, it would be great to sea them added! :wink: It's a shame that it's unlikely to happen - people have been asking for harvesting nodes for their house for a long time but it seems ZOS can't or don't want to implement it. Still, there's no need to give up, these are fun suggestions!

Maybe at least a few of these suggestions will meet the Devs approval and go live one day! Crossing my fingers & keeping on fishing! Thanks for you post!
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to all who posted, giving my thread some life! Special thanks to everyone being so kind and supportive! This is what a forum thread really should be like! If you have friends who love to fish and have some positive ideas, please send them here!
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    omg these suggestions sound so fun! i love the ideas
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    As a Master Angler myself, I thoroughly endorse your wishes and think all suggestions in your post are awesome.

You have my admiration and respect @goddess2015 .

Thank you so much for your kind words and your support of my thread! :)
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    I fish in every rpgmmo I play and I collect anything fishy I can get my hands on. Afcourse I did my master Amgler ...fishing is in my blood. I actually enjoy venturing out to fish as I love many of the beautiful fishing spots around Tamriel. I wouldn't complain about fishing in my houses, I own the palace and hundings and I have my lil fishing piers but no fish as yet afcourse.

My main wish for fishing is more fishing rewards and a variety of boats to choose from as furnishings also some new and fun fishing achievements.

Fishing really does need an overhaul....so many of us love it and are dedicated fishy people....i love our fishy folk costume we got so a big thank you to zos for that 😊😊😊

OH! That's a wonderful Idea...a variety of boats to choose from! I love it! Great Idea! Thanks so much for sharing your ideas & for supporting my thread!

• sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I especially love the trophy idea. In LOTRO we had a TON of fish trophies and they were all in lovely wall plaques and looked reasonably realistic. You could create a little grouping of smaller fish, or put that big ol' swordfish over the mantel, etc. It would definitely enhance housing AND be fun to show off.

I'd love a home fishing hole, too, though once a day would not be long enough for me, but I don't like the idea of being forced to leave my home and go do things elsewhere. xD
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I especially love the trophy idea. In LOTRO we had a TON of fish trophies and they were all in lovely wall plaques and looked reasonably realistic. You could create a little grouping of smaller fish, or put that big ol' swordfish over the mantel, etc. It would definitely enhance housing AND be fun to show off.

I'd love a home fishing hole, too, though once a day would not be long enough for me, but I don't like the idea of being forced to leave my home and go do things elsewhere. xD

I know what you mean! There would definitely be days that I stayed home and fished if they spawned really often. Several spawn times a day for each of the four types of fishing hole would be nice. Non-stop fishing availability would be better...but I just don't think ZOS will give us that. They probably wont give us the fishing holes at all. I don't know why, it can't possibly hurt anything, since fishing holes are literally all over the place. But you know how they like to control things like that. Thank you for your post! :)
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread is why I love the housing community. <3
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love these fishy ideas, I hope ZOS takes notice :smile:
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert Would be awesome to have this.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I love these fishy ideas, I hope ZOS takes notice :smile:

Thank you for posting & supporting my thread! :smile:
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert Would be awesome to have this.

Thank you for posting & supporting my thread! :)