The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Does anyone know a good place to Farm Poultry? (chickens)

ouijacom
ouijacom
I cant find any anywhere!
Veteran Rank 14 (Stamina Templar) (XBOX 1)
  • Catnundrum
    What console and stuff are you on?
    If you are on the same as me I can show you a place in Coldharbour.
    One of the guild traders has a bunch of poultry and cheese free to take.
    In fact, all of Coldharbour is a Provisioner's dream.
    Edited by Catnundrum on July 6, 2015 1:29AM
    Xbox One player
    US Server
    Ebonheart Pact
    GT: Catnundrum
  • ouijacom
    ouijacom
    I am on xbox one, AD. I am def past coldharbour so I could go there, but i was thinking maybe a chicken farm somewhere where i can farm them but yeah i mean at this point ill take anything. where is that located at?
  • Catnundrum
    It is one of the guild trader's stands in Coldharbour.
    I would also loot the inn and Cicero's Goods. There is a ton of food there.
    So loot the store, the inn, the guild trader's stands, log out, log in, and repeat in reverse order.
    You will have a great variety of ingredients in mass quantities.
    Xbox One player
    US Server
    Ebonheart Pact
    GT: Catnundrum
  • TheEmoVampire
    TheEmoVampire
    ✭✭✭
    Poultry isn't only found off of chickens. Craglorn has like these ostrich thingies, they drop it to.
  • ouijacom
    ouijacom
    Do you happen to know where they are at Vampire?
  • Wandering_Nyx
    Wandering_Nyx
    Soul Shriven
    If you kill Guars in the Grahtwood area (lots just wandering about in the wild) you can build up good supply in no time.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to kill the chickens in Windhelm. It makes me smile. It's a tough city to hide or escape in, which adds to the fun.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foster Farms!

Just kidding, I think Deshaan has them around. The little chicken/dinosaur looking things....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    I find poultry on plates a lot
  • maXmood
    maXmood
    i pick em up from dining tables..
    Knowledge is Power
  • ouijacom
    ouijacom
    When i say i need poultry I mean to farm like 100 in an 30 mins.
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    Just near Voljar's Meadery in Windhelm there is an area where the chickens room free around the hay piles. A good 10 to 15 plus that spawn back quite quickly. However, you'll get busted if your seen attacking them and it counts as stealing to take the meat or guts. The only guy around is Voljar himself (I think) and once you've completed his quest, he goes home and you can loot and pillage the chickens until your heart busts with delight!
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar has the Penguins up north on map by snow and ice around frozen fleet
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Chub loons in wrothgar
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    Can you kill the Penguins?
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • ArialBurnz
    ArialBurnz
    Soul Shriven
    UPDATE WITH CURRENT INFO: (as of 7/22/2019) The BEST place I have found for poultry is in Elsweyr!!! Kill the following:
    • Herons
    • Fellrunners (they look like emu)
    Daggerbacks (wild pigs) will get you white meat.

Antelopes and badgers will get you game meat.

I spent the day hunting in Elsweyr and I have 100 poultry.

Happy hunting!

Arial
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    I have found that any bird classifies as "chicken" as far as the game is concerned. Both Summerset and Elsweyr have the Emu looking bird that reminds the wife and I of "Kevin" from the movie UP.

When I first started provisioning, I was stuck on a cooked chicken daily until I figured this out.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArialBurnz wrote: »
    UPDATE WITH CURRENT INFO: (as of 7/22/2019) The BEST place I have found for poultry is in Elsweyr!!! Kill the following:
    • Herons
    • Fellrunners (they look like emu)
    Daggerbacks (wild pigs) will get you white meat.

Antelopes and badgers will get you game meat.

I spent the day hunting in Elsweyr and I have 100 poultry.

Happy hunting!

Arial

I second this! There are so many fellrunner around that they actually get in the way sometimes! Deer and wild pigs are everywhere! If you need meat and don't mind killing the local wildlife, go to Elsweyr!
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New Life tent has a little bit on the tables consistently.
    And possibly Kerbol's Hollow. Lots of meats there, but I can't remember exactly how much poultry.

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I like to kill the chickens in Windhelm. It makes me smile. It's a tough city to hide or escape in, which adds to the fun.

Windhelm is my favorite place to farm all farm animals. There's so many in that one area......cows, oxen, goats, chickens. And if the guards are after me, I just mistform out the gate and into the water! lol
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nebraska?