Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Hireling Mail] Making it more convenient would be a huge qualify of life change

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
@ZOS_RobGarrett A change to how Hireling deliveries (and the Dark Brotherhood Shadowy Supplier) would be a profound Quality of Life improvement for players, especially those with multiple crafters.

Currently with the 24-hour timer, the schedule inches forward constantly due to login/service issues (like the one we just had with X-Box on July 24), in-game mail delay, connection issues, in-game activities with guilds/friends, and even scheduled maintenance.

Ideally, dropping the entire delivery into the Crafting Bag automatically without logging in at all would be great.

However, a simple change to 20 hours would mean players can adjust more easily back and forth at what time they pick up the delivery. An interruption one day can be remedied without having to push the entire schedule forward.

• LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the shadowy supplier is already set at 20 hours. Correct me someone, if I'm wrong.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put 3/3 in the passive... it's now a 12 hour timer
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks Agree.

"Hireling III - An hireling will search for resources for you. A new delivery from your hireling can be claimed the next time you log in or change zones, provided it has been no less than twelve hours since the last bundle."
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

That makes it worse. You have to log in twice for your two deliveries and the timer keeps pushing both forward.
    Twice the mats but twice the work and hassle.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

That makes it worse. You have to log in twice for your two deliveries and the timer keeps pushing both forward.
    Twice the mats but twice the work and hassle.

or... just treat the extra skill point as your "reduced" timer, so you guarantee a drop each day.

I have 3/3 in all hirelings on all 36 characters I do writs on... I log onto most characters only once a day
    Edited by tmbrinks on July 25, 2019 3:03PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or... just treat the extra skill point as your "reduced" timer, so you guarantee a drop each day.

^This.^

ZOS wants players to log in ... not passively getting rewards.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the shadowy supplier is already set at 20 hours. Correct me someone, if I'm wrong.

It is.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have been asking for a 10/20 hour timer since beta.

Best thing to do is invest 3 points so you get hirelings mails at least once a day no matter when you log in.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    We have been asking for a 10/20 hour timer since beta.

Now's a good time to ask since they're working on the crafting system and some people can't even log in sometimes.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only log in once a day to my alts when doing writs.

Would like the mats dropped directly into the craft bag though as you log in, instead of having to use an add on to auto loot and delete all the mails.

But its a minor annoyance and doubt they will do anything about it.

As for shadowy supplier would like the option to have the NPC available to be put in our houses, don't always feel like visiting an outlaw refuge.