The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No way to reverse faction locks, even aften spending 700k to abandon campaign on all my locked toons

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
Title says it all. I paid 100k per 7 of my locked faction characters because I want to play with a group of friends this campaign season. This whole faction lock thing is so stupid. Even after abandoning my campaign on all these characters, it tells me I need to wait 24 days. So I cant PvP for an entire month now with my friends because of this ridiculous system. Why couldn't ZOS iron out these issues BEFORE releasing it to live server???? This is so frustrating, and I pay a monthly subscription to this game and can't even play with my friends.
Ad Victoriam!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you could bypass campaign lock by simply abandoning a campaign, it wouldn't be much of a lock, would it.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to pay any money to swap factions. Just make sure all your characters are out of the campaign you're in an hour or so before it officially ends.

But yes, if you're already in a campaign and it has 24 days remaining, you're stuck on the faction you're in for those 24 days.

In. That. Campaign.

But not in the 7-day CP, for example You can take any character, from any alliance, into that campaign. So can your friends...
    PS4NA
  • Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    But not in the 7-day CP, for example You can take any character, from any alliance, into that campaign. So can your friends...

Yeah my favourite campaign is the non faction locked noCP campaign.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    If you could bypass campaign lock by simply abandoning a campaign, it wouldn't be much of a lock, would it.

The problem is that the in game text is incorrect. If ZoS simply changed the text whilst the bug was in place it would save a lot of problems.

The bug is that at the end of the campaign your characters are not unassigned from the campaign. Then when you try and lock for a different faction it tells you that you must abandon on the previous factions characters. When you then do this *as instructed* if one of those characters is in cyrodiil then you get automatically locked with no choice.

It highlights more the lacking of in game support that they aren't able to fix characters bugged by this.

I almost got caught out by this on EU when logging in for the first time in over a month wanting to play EP with some friends my AD still have a faction lock from when I played first week of Elsweyr there. Lucky after 6 emails I finally convinced zos to move my AD character out of cyrodiil for me and was able to swap. (This was only after someone else getting locked out in the same way a few mins before)
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on July 26, 2019 10:19AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You might be stuck but at least ZOS appreciates your patience :)
    We understand there are some frustrations currently when logging into a character that was previously in a 30-day faction locked campaign, and automatically being re-locked into the same Alliance. In the future, we will be adding some protections against this scenario. Until we’re able to implement that, you should double check your character’s last saved location on the character select panel to help prevent accidental Alliance locking to a Campaign when you want to switch to another Alliance. We appreciate your patience in this matter.
    Edited by Sanct16 on July 27, 2019 11:08AM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to play another faction you had to buy a second account.
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a amazing idea guys to fix all these problems. We just remove faction locks :O
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please remove faction lock.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭

I tried that, it does not work. Thats why I said that I paid 100k AP per character to abandon the campaign on all the characters that were previously locked from a prior campaign
    Ad Victoriam!
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    You don't need to pay any money to swap factions. Just make sure all your characters are out of the campaign you're in an hour or so before it officially ends.

But yes, if you're already in a campaign and it has 24 days remaining, you're stuck on the faction you're in for those 24 days.

In. That. Campaign.

And you're completely screwed for another 24 days if you either forget to do that, or can not log on in time to do that due to real life and having a job...... nice
    Ad Victoriam!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »
    Title says it all. I paid 100k per 7 of my locked faction characters because I want to play with a group of friends this campaign season. This whole faction lock thing is so stupid. Even after abandoning my campaign on all these characters, it tells me I need to wait 24 days. So I cant PvP for an entire month now with my friends because of this ridiculous system. Why couldn't ZOS iron out these issues BEFORE releasing it to live server???? This is so frustrating, and I pay a monthly subscription to this game and can't even play with my friends.

Why are you talking about ironing out issues? It's working exactly as intended, and as per the warning messages that popped up and you accepted.

What would be the point of faction lock if you could reset and swap factions?????

Get organised, plan your allowance / campaign. Or get your mates into 7day CP, the point is to spread players out. Yet servers keep zerging..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP