Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Which DLCs have a quest line/story?

gavinp
gavinp

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew which DLCs had a quest line/story? I know the "chapters" had a story/quest and I know the Orsinium DLC also had a story/quest. Any others?

Thanks
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the non Dungeon DLCs do.

Imperial City - help the Drake of Blades discover what Molag Val is plotting for the City. (Note: the story does take place in a PVP enabled zone)
    Thieves Guild - join the Guild to explore their story.
    Dark Brotherhood - join the Guild to explore their story.
    Morrowind -> Clockwork City -> Summerset. - forms the "Daedric Wars" story arc. Can be done standalone, best done in order, IMO.
    Murkmire - help the Cyrodiilic Collections company as they explore the ruins of Black Marsh.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clockwork City has a Quest line, Murkmire has a Quest line.

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood, do too, to a lesser extent, and I'm sure someone will argue that the dungeon DLC have stories, but at some point the connections between stories fails to add up to a quest line. You decide.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    If you're going for a story based DLC I greatly recommend the clockwork city which is one of my personal favorites. This is all I can add as your question has already been answered in it's entirety by @VaranisArano .
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood!
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gavinp wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew which DLCs had a quest line/story? I know the "chapters" had a story/quest and I know the Orsinium DLC also had a story/quest. Any others?

Thanks
    Go to your Journal and select Stories, every DLC which has an initial quest is listed there as far as I know.
    Edited by KerinKor on August 6, 2019 3:49PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every DLC has a story to some extent, the difference is how long it is. For example the dungeon DLCs are the same as the base game dungeons - the story is basically one quest which is completed within the dungeon (if you're lucky and your group stays around long enough for you to complete it).

At the other extreme DLCs like Orsinium, Clockwork City and Murkmire (and the ones which used to be expansions of course) are an entire zone with a main story made up of multiple quests, side stories made up of 1 quest or a short chain, delves, public dungeons etc. - all the stuff you get in base game maps.

The Imperial City, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLCs fall somewhere in the middle - they're a lot longer than 2 dungeons but mainly focused around their 'special feature' - the PvE/PvP hybrid zone and the two guilds - so there's less open-world content and fewer quests to do.

Overall if you want more content that's like the base game maps I recommend the following:
    • The Guilds & Glory pack (Orsinium, Imperial City, Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood for a discounted price)
    • Morrowind
    • Clockwork City
    • Summerset
    • Murkmire
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"