Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ways to tell someone's DPS if you're a tank?

Gordon906
Gordon906
✭✭✭
I use combat metrics and it only shows group damage, and your own damage. Any way to see the DPS of an individual?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could ask them politely, though no matter how politely you ask, I'm sure you'll offend someone. I suppose if you know the content, you'll have a pretty good idea of how the group is doing as a whole, especially with an addon that will show the total group dps. Other than them also using an addon that broadcasts it (or having 3 people in your group running it so by process of elimination you know) I don't think you can know for sure.

If members are using something like Bandit UI, it will post their dps on their health bars after combat. It will fill in approximate values for anyone not running it.
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing about half or more damage than the other DPS in vICP, and this tank said my DPS was too low according to his "charts." I knew he was bluffing and there's no way they know.
    Edited by Gordon906 on July 24, 2019 3:28AM
  • sindalstar
    sindalstar
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotten more or a sort or sense for it personally (as a healer)

It's obviously not precise but I always get a 'this is above/below/on par with the average' feeling with various dungeon groups.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gordon906 wrote: »
    I was doing about half or more damage than the other DPS in vICP, and this tank said my DPS was too low according to his "charts." I knew he was bluffing and there's no way they know.

The tank could know the total group damage and his own percentage of it from an add-on.

So depending on his standards, he may have meant that the group's damage was low, or that as a tank, he was doing a greater percentage than he expected he should. He wouldn't be able to tell the difference between you and the other DD with an add-on, but certainly he would know if group DPS was lacking with an add-on or just from experience.

I certainly have runs as a tank where I'm thinking "I should not be doing this high a percentage of the damage. We're in for a long run." And when I was grinding Darkshade for gear, I knew from the timing of the second boss alone whether I had a good or a slow group.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso logs
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Eso logs

Your dps must be uploaded...
    Edited by Gordon906 on July 24, 2019 4:00PM
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    That tank was calling me out for healing myself with a damage shield! I'm a pet sorc xD. He couldn't even interrupt ibomez from an execution.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If one uses eso logs, all dps is uploaded
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Good thing I used combat metrics.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But ye, honestly that fight becomes a quick dps race the moment both dds are at 25k. U just stack on boss and nuke every atro that jumps out
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Guy said I was hitting 30k tops. It's too low for him.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO logging on PC permits seeing individual DPS. The other is use Combat Metrics as it will tell you the entire groups damage and your % of that.

Edit: the tank was not very bright calling you out for using a shield. They do not run with top groups if they are that narrowminded.
    Edited by idk on July 24, 2019 4:09PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guy said I was hitting 30k tops. It's too low for him.

BTW, he was probably the idiot that kicked me (on a mid 40s Templar) a few years ago after kicking the other dps. Their comment was normal dungeons was not for leveling up characters and questioned our dps before we touched the first NPC.

I noted his @name and never saw him on any leaderboard and certainly not in any raiding guild I have been in so they were just an ignorant fool. Seems like you go him or his twin.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso logs

If the tank was uploading the data after each fight to peruse his group members' DPS, then either there was a lot of dpwntime in that run or I question his priorities.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh i met a lot of overconfident crap tanks pugging vet dlc dungeons. Just ignore, kick, swap to tanking gear, queue for a dd, carry it.
    Edit: ok honestly i dont kick people, they leave on their own... After being one shot on gragoil 3 times cause they cant handle heavy+bleeds...
    Edited by zvavi on July 24, 2019 4:24PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh i met a lot of overconfident crap tanks pugging vet dlc dungeons. Just ignore, kick, swap to tanking gear, queue for a dd, carry it.

Every character I have can tank or heal, some can do both. I also never queue with less than 3 people I know so if we get an idiot we kick them and continue. We have never kicked anyone due to poor performance, just for being a jerk.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Every character I have can tank or heal, some can do both. I also never queue with less than 3 people I know so if we get an idiot we kick them and continue. We have never kicked anyone due to poor performance, just for being a jerk.

I queue alone. U might have kicked me one day for being a jerk. :D
    Edit: on ye lately i have less time to play so i prefer to queue with at least 1 more teammate i trust
    Edited by zvavi on July 24, 2019 4:27PM
  • Evito
    Evito
    ✭✭✭
    I use combat metrics and it only shows group damage, and your own damage. Any way to see the DPS of an individual?

ESO logs, you can always tell who is who even if they set themselves anonymous.
  • Evito
    Evito
    ✭✭✭
    If members are using something like Bandit UI, it will post their dps on their health bars after combat. It will fill in approximate values for anyone not running it.

It's not approx, it's just basic math. All bandits does is takes the roles and splits the overall DPS between the DPSers, if one guy does 40k dps and the other guy does 10k, bandits puts them at 25k each.