The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

comeback from 1 year off and still have the same issue with combat

charley222
charley222
✭✭✭✭
the last year i try to make a comeback and buy the Summerset expansion , and like a lot of stuff but can not stand the poor combat and balance this game have , so i take 1 year off ,
today i try to give a other shot but realize the game still have the same issue , i ask to my self is only me or what ? and go on youtube and everyone talking of the same issue , because my poor english is better i link the video this will explain very well the good and the con this game have around 7,30sec to 8.30sec of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf-X7Deb--I&feature=youtu.be&t=449
also i feel the necro class is so broken op , i guess is to sell the new expansion , night blabe still the same issue 15 player trying to kill 1 nb is always spam cloak :( , let hope 1 day combat will reach the next level in this game thank you
Edited by charley222 on July 24, 2019 7:16AM
the wall of the covenant
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truth is you have to play it personally. Everyone has an opinion and you don't have to buy theirs so best to try it yourself.
    Eso is going through some major changes yes, some I think are back tracking because of all the complaints of the forums. You can ignore the majority player base but only for so long before you start losing customers. So I think eso is at a crucial point right now. I think the Devs are trying to do their best right now to put things right but they need time.

I fell in love with TES and that lead me to here>ESO. Romanticising about eso wont get me anywhere as most of this games problems are combat based and balancing the races and classes while not breaking pve or pvp at the expense of the other.
    I play on a level where only certain things affect my play. I'm not a min/maxer so I don't generally notice the nerfs as such unless my character starts to feel too weak to enjoy doing content. I'm not going to be doing hm ever. The best I can hope for is pugging vet trials that is my endgame goal once I get my full gear set which is close now.

I love the eso environment and the freedom of the open world and I love that you can still do all the old dungeons and trials and they are always relevant. I love that you can have a go at all facets of the game and feel like you have lots to get involved with. I love that we have housing and that we get lots of new content.

my biggest peeve with eso lately is moreso the ongoing changes to things that I felt were not broken. I felt the races should have been left well alone. ok the nord had to make a comeback yes I get that because otherwise it had no role but most races were fine. I always feel that no matter what, you cannot balance pve and pvp effectively they need to be separate.

Now healers have been meddled with . why ? Seriously why? Some of the content is so hard it needs strong aoe heals …..just leave the unbroken stuff alone please.

my opinions are just blah blah blah I may aswell save my energy and just type that lol

At this point in time I cannot find a better game with the lore eso has, if anyone genuinely knows of another game I can invest my money into that I can have peace for a while and not change every 5 mins then please let me know.

I love Tamriel and the characters, housing and combat style cause I do enjoy the way combat works, I'm nto talking about skills or skill effectiveness and all that but rather combat. I genuinely love this fantasy world and I have for so many years it would be like losing an old friend. I'm willing to hang in here for longer because im so attatched to this game but for how long ? i'll be lost without eso, so unless something better comes along ...fantasy genre not sci- fi I don't like sci-fi or apocalyptic themes they depress me. I love beautiful gorgeous lands just like Tamriel.

Edited by wishlist14 on July 24, 2019 7:48AM
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    charley222 wrote: »
    the last year i try to make a comeback and buy the Summerset expansion , and like a lot of stuff but can not stand the poor combat and balance this game have , so i take 1 year off ,
    today i try to give a other shot but realize the game still have the same issue , i ask to my self is only me or what ? and go on youtube and everyone talking of the same issue , because my poor english is better i link the video this will explain very well the good and the con this game have around 7,30sec to 8.30sec of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf-X7Deb--I&feature=youtu.be&t=449
    also i feel the necro class is so broken op , i guess is to sell the new expansion , night blabe still the same issue 15 player trying to kill 1 nb is always spam cloak :( , let hope 1 day combat will reach the next level in this game thank you

Did you just say necro is broken op? Wow. That makes me wanna disregard everything you've said.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Detection potions and AOEs. It is very easy to counter cloak if you have these things. If you don't, the NB can't kill you, and you have 15 other people who have stuff to do... is it so bad to let the NB live?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death to all Nightblades.

All.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on July 24, 2019 10:54AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »

Detection potions and AOEs. It is very easy to counter cloak if you have these things. If you don't, the NB can't kill you, and you have 15 other people who have stuff to do... is it so bad to let the NB live?

See what happens with both cloak and streak is you go to leave them alone and they come back and take pot shots at stragglers hoping to hit a weak target. Then people wonder why they get zerged down solo.
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elusiin wrote: »

Did you just say necro is broken op? Wow. That makes me wanna disregard everything you've said.
    this is all up to you , but is my opinion and always i post something i try to look if my opinion is back up , why i come too this conclusion ,everytime everyone fighting in the same spot for a 1 min or 2 min and after one necro come and make cast Frozen Colossus and after everyone is dead .i have np player die, is really the welcome in this game but the issue is only the necro do this now , also here you have a video go a review on the class https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMDnSdfYLXE
    i hope this answer why i come to this conclusion , btw necro is not my main issue is more the spamming night blade cloak (perma cloak)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqu_KZUwezo&t=1956s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD_dUKoqYUM

these video show how this class is broken , is not the player skill because you see this abuse class video like this for the last 4 or 5 year :( perma cloak need to be break this just make any sense is so boring watch 10 to 15 player running after 1 nb and not be able to kill him

btw i just find the new patch note is coming , i think is a very good news , but will need to wait to test all this and see how it turn out

Edited by charley222 on July 24, 2019 3:44PM
    the wall of the covenant