Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Craglorn LFG trolls: how can I avoid these trolls while im forming pugs?

wishlist14
wishlist14
✭✭✭✭✭
So I dont fit into trial guilds. They are not for me personally. I like to farm trials when it suits me and I dont do parses.

It's easy to spam craglorn chat " LFG need tank, healers and dps. Right? It's not brain science.
BUT when you have to wait to find a tank players start to get restless even though they can just lay there smoke skoomah and dream of England 😜😛
Then i get a whisper from a tank and i invite him and he tells me he has to switch characters. I wait and i wait. I scroll back up to his name and ask him if he is still joining but he doesnt answer. I wait . I told my group we had a tank ...was so excited. I whisper tank again and they had blocked me 😐
Some players get mad and leave group and I look like an idiot. I try to pacify them while spamming zone chat.

See by now spamming for a tank gets tiresome and my hands get crampy. Eventually someones friend tanks for us but our group has too many newbies with low deeps and it folds after many tries tank leaves and everyone leaves.

So much time and effort and trying to be positive and people complain even though you are doing all the freaking work to get group sorted.

So we have entitled players telling me they need to go puff on some skoomah and theyll be back later to see if i found a tank...then the trolls that join and leave as soon as group is finally formed not to mention the offliners that never return.

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😩😩😩

THIS IS WHY WE NEED TRIALS FINDER ADDED . THANK YOU 💙💚💛💜❤

Oh i forgot to mention the nasty trolls spamming their vet gold gear from trial i was trying to create group for....bragging to be nasty trolls as if they never did normal trials🤐🤐🤐
Im happy they do vet and have gold gear but it's ridiculously immature to do that. It's like you saying you are thirsty and someone giving you a bottle of sand.

Edited by wishlist14 on July 24, 2019 4:17AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You start off explaining what the problem is very clearly. That you choose to not join a guild for forming your groups yet you complain about the alternative. It is all about choice.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    You start off explaining what the problem is very clearly. That you choose to not join a guild for forming your groups yet you complain about the alternative. It is all about choice.

I am not trying to be rude but your reply makes no sense to me.

I very clearly state that i do not want to join a guild for strong reasons. A trial finder would be a solution to my problem. Not everyone likes to be in a guild.

Having said this it is beyond sad that players dont realise that its not easy to form these pugs and it would be great if trolls could get punished for wasting people's time but that wont happen.

The only option us puggers have is to ask for a trials finder to be added to eso. Thank you if you read this.
    30 mins to form a group and then breaks up. Not all pugs are like this so there are great pug groups too but i take a chance everyday.
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »

I very clearly state that i do not want to join a guild for strong reasons. A trial finder would be a solution to my problem. Not everyone likes to be in a guild.

Having said this it is beyond sad that players dont realise that its not easy to form these pugs and it would be great if trolls could get punished for wasting people's time but that wont happen.

The only option us puggers have is to ask for a trials finder to be added to eso. Thank you if you read this.
    30 mins to form a group and then breaks up. Not all pugs are like this so there are great pug groups too but i take a chance everyday.

You the have the option to join a guild and interact with like-minded players who are looking to accomplish the same group content in the game as you in an efficient manner, but you choose to avoid it and claim there are no options.

You complain about wasted time and effort but fail to understand that manually forming a pug group or having a queue system for forming a pug group will not change your chances of grouping with incompetent players or trolls. The 4-man dungeon queueing system right now hardly works, I doubt a 12-man trials queueing system would be much better.

I don't know what you expect other responses to be, I imagine that most people who comment on this thread will strongly recommend you join a Guild. You say Guilds aren't for you but there are guilds out there with atmospheres that absolutely fit for all types of players.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shanehere wrote: »

You the have the option to join a guild and interact with like-minded players who are looking to accomplish the same group content in the game as you in an efficient manner, but you choose to avoid it and claim there are no options.

You complain about wasted time and effort but fail to understand that manually forming a pug group or having a queue system for forming a pug group will not change your chances of grouping with incompetent players or trolls. The 4-man dungeon queueing system right now hardly works, I doubt a 12-man trials queueing system would be much better.

I don't know what you expect other responses to be, I imagine that most people who comment on this thread will strongly recommend you join a Guild. You say Guilds aren't for you but there are guilds out there with atmospheres that absolutely fit for all types of players.

I have mainly pugged my way through dungeons both normals and vet so i disagree with you.

My issues with guilds i have joined: some run by immature kids trying to teach the obvious in normal dungeons which i already know. They have a healer and maybe a few dps and guild still needs to oug rest of group.

Vet guilds wanting you to do parses and link everything before you qualify to join their vet team which is understandable but i dont do parses.

I still need my normal gear and they dont have many interested in normal trial run which is done once a week at a time i am not online.

Reasons why I pug. I dont expect any freaking empathy it just doesnt exist anymore have a great day.

oh i forgot to mention the countless crappy arrogant guildies i did trials with or even pvped with no thanks

I have a right to complain this is a forums ....what im just supposed to post about how amazing our spring weather has been lately but not mention my hayfever because it may upset people like yourself ...whatever 🤐

Edited by wishlist14 on July 24, 2019 5:31AM
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    I guess if you want to use these forums to complain about something and get defensive when people offer the logical solution to your problem but argue against the solutions because it's not the answer you want to hear then go ahead.

But as I said, a Guild will make your life easier. Everyone has had bad experiences with Guilds, it's just about finding the right one with the right people. Most players do it so clearly not all the Guilds are the way that you have described the ones you've experienced.

Put the emotions aside and re-read my above post again and you might find that:
    It's not brain science.

to figure out how to solve your current problem. ;)
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess if you want to use these forums to complain about something and get defensive when people offer the logical solution to your problem but argue against the solutions because it's not the answer you want to hear then go ahead.

But as I said, a Guild will make your life easier. Everyone has had bad experiences with Guilds, it's just about finding the right one with the right people. Most players do it so clearly not all the Guilds are the way that you have described the ones you've experienced.

Put the emotions aside and re-read my above post again and you might find that:
    It's not brain science.

to figure out how to solve your current problem. ;)

I respect your thought process and thank you for your time but after joining as many guilds as i have and leaving i dont want to join anymore. I had a rotten day and venting helped but yes I see how I seem like im being stubborn.

I really genuinely struggle in guilds the same way i struggled at school i just dont fit into those structured environments its really, honestly and absolutely not me trying to just complain for the sake of complaining
    Maybe next time i just will jump into someone elses group and not try to make one myself.

Thanks again for your reply i do appreciate your time and effort. 😊❤.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Serious question. Why not start your own guild then and invite those that you feel you mesh with? You will also control the days and times that you run. You'll have full control to kick any trolls that have slipped in. And lastly, assuming you all begin playing together regularly the group will develop a chemistry that only makes you all perform better.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, you want reliable people to run trials? Joining a guild is one of your options.... You just won't fit the guild's vet team(s) if you don't have a reliable parse. Most of the guilds around have prog groups.

Or as @r3turn2s3nd3r suggests, create your own guild: you will control the runs schedule and those who join.

Finder tool for trials? How would that solve your problem since in dungeon finder people lie about their role n dps done. I'm pretty sure people have no problem in doing the same in a trial finder tool.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, if I organize a trial run, I am the tank. Works great for me...people join knowing the most important role is covered, and I don't need to worry about the best way to assess a tank's skill. I would run a tank to organize groups, can't think of another way.

And can you imagine the pug quality of random trial queue? Or the wait for a dps? WHat happens when you land a fake tank? Can whoever happened to get the crown just start kicking mf'ers? It's just logistically impossible...we need a different solution, and that solution is to join a decent PvE guild (not necessarily an elite one) or just learn how to punk out trolls. Neither solution is hard to achieve.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    And not all PvE guilds require dummy humps...many understand that this is a flawed system. Many will just runa trial with you and see how you perform. We all know that most "90k" dps do around 30k in serious gear/food/skills/builds and in actual action. But at the same time, they're gonna want to see that you have a reasonable rotation / gear setup / build.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we have entitled players telling me they need to go puff on some skoomah and theyll be back later to see if i found a tank...then the trolls that join and leave as soon as group is finally formed not to mention the offliners that never return
    I puff my skooma(weed) while I do the trial.I only go outside if I need a cigarette.

• p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have mainly pugged my way through dungeons both normals and vet so i disagree with you.

My issues with guilds i have joined: some run by immature kids trying to teach the obvious in normal dungeons which i already know. They have a healer and maybe a few dps and guild still needs to oug rest of group.

Vet guilds wanting you to do parses and link everything before you qualify to join their vet team which is understandable but i dont do parses.

I still need my normal gear and they dont have many interested in normal trial run which is done once a week at a time i am not online.

Reasons why I pug. I dont expect any freaking empathy it just doesnt exist anymore have a great day.

oh i forgot to mention the countless crappy arrogant guildies i did trials with or even pvped with no thanks

I have a right to complain this is a forums ....what im just supposed to post about how amazing our spring weather has been lately but not mention my hayfever because it may upset people like yourself ...whatever 🤐

You play on Xbox NA, right?
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honnestly. Finder or not, PUG for hard content isn't fun.

If you don't want to join a trials guild creat one. Put it in the guild finder as a casual trials guild. Add people. Et voila.

Also where do you spam LFG? As craglorn is dead. Go to a capital, Mournhold etc. Or join trading guilds and ask in their chat easy access to 500 people.

Ur fighting the system. Work with it.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your core problem seems to be that all the standard techniques for ensuring a good-enough group are distasteful to you. So perhaps you should try to come with an idea that is unusual and creative. E.g., bring a support character who does part of what a tankdoes, so that your group can succeed with semi-fake tanks next to you.