The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the role of a stam necro in BG ?

david_m_18b16_ESO
david_m_18b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I am pretty noob as a PvPer so it might be the problem but I am not sure what should I do in a BG. I'm using one of the popular build wich is plate + 2h and back bar is S&B to have acces to Major Defile.

I don't seems to have much burst, no spaming def move. The Necro heals are just trash.

My one trick pony is the colosus ult wich is mostly used to force a roll dodge and sometimes at chock point.
I am satisfied by my kill/death ratio but I feel like my teamate would be bether if I was playing something else.

Do I miss something ?

P.S. I don't want to play goliath since its impossible it wont be nerfed. It just too powerfull in BG completly denying flag capping to an enemy.

Best Answer

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep up blastbones so your team has a good uptime on major defile.

Apart from that it's just not as good as a warden. Burst is more clunky and less reliable, heals are worse, sustain worse and doesn't have a good defensive skill like warden absorb.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Answer ✓
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same as virtually every other stamina build: kill things and hit teammates with a Vigor when they're taking meaningful damage. You also don't "need" to use 1h/shield on a Stamina Necromancer, since the stam morph of Blastbones applies Major Defile (and Reverberating Bash is getting significant changes, and won't apply a defile in the Scalebreaker patch).

If you're having issues with damage output, it could be due to the specific sets you're using, what enchants you have on your jewelry, whether or not you've upgraded your weapons to gold-quality, etc...
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re supposed to deplete your opponents health points before yours are depleted.
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep up blastbones so your team has a good uptime on major defile.

Apart from that it's just not as good as a warden. Burst is more clunky and less reliable, heals are worse, sustain worse and doesn't have a good defensive skill like warden absorb.

hmmm that's what I thought and since the class is doing so well in PvE I doubt that we will see any buff for PvP.

Well I main a mag sorc in PvE and this stam necro was my PvP toon. I guess that I should switch lol.
  • Bhelen
    Bhelen
    ✭✭✭
    drop your ult and hope the enemy team stands in it
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't hear it from me ... but use Blastbones from sneak
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner