Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About the dual wield glyphs

mague
mague
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi,

since they cut the dual wield glyphs values in half i am pondering if it is now possible to use two identical glyphs ?
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that identical glyphs share the same cooldown, and only one of them would proc. It's definitely a better choice to go with two different glyphs.
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vermethys wrote: »
    I believe that identical glyphs share the same cooldown, and only one of them would proc. It's definitely a better choice to go with two different glyphs.

You could control it by use of Infused trait on one of your DW weapon which would then have 50% chance of proc vs normal chance. Remember there is status effects that might be useful in combination when put together and you can reduce targets resistance, weapon/spell damage or give yourself the same for a duration (5 sec). It depends on how you build and how your play your skills. DoT can trigger Valkyn Skoria as an example, direct damage can procs other sets etc that mighe be buffed or triggered by glyphs. If you only want a flat damage then you can use alchemy poison (and have glyphs as back up when those run empty on weapon). Disease damage (defile) is also useful for PvE for those times there are healers (adds) on a boss.

//RexyCat
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RexyCat wrote: »
    Vermethys wrote: »

You could control it by use of Infused trait on one of your DW weapon which would then have 50% chance of proc vs normal chance. Remember there is status effects that might be useful in combination when put together and you can reduce targets resistance, weapon/spell damage or give yourself the same for a duration (5 sec). It depends on how you build and how your play your skills. DoT can trigger Valkyn Skoria as an example, direct damage can procs other sets etc that mighe be buffed or triggered by glyphs. If you only want a flat damage then you can use alchemy poison (and have glyphs as back up when those run empty on weapon). Disease damage (defile) is also useful for PvE for those times there are healers (adds) on a boss.

//RexyCat

No.

For one, glyphs don't have a 'chance' of proc. They proc as soon as they're eligible to proc (LA / HA / weapon ability) and off cooldown, unlike alchemical poisons. For another, the question was simple, about putting same glyphs on different weapons. It's not something to be done because glyphs of same type share same global cooldown. If poison on main hand proc'd, cooldown have started, and poison glyph from off hand won't be able to proc for same period either. Worse yet, if non-infused poison glyph proc'd, then normal, 4-second cooldown have started, and infused glyph (with halved cooldown) on another hand will not be able to proc for full 4 seconds either.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For another, the question was simple, about putting same glyphs on different weapons. It's not something to be done because glyphs of same type share same global cooldown. If poison on main hand proc'd, cooldown have started, and poison glyph from off hand won't be able to proc for same period either. Worse yet, if non-infused poison glyph proc'd, then normal, 4-second cooldown have started, and infused glyph (with halved cooldown) on another hand will not be able to proc for full 4 seconds either.

Right. I knew about the cooldown. But they changed the glyphs on dual wield and now i have a disadvantage. I only can get some 170 stamina leech or only some 420 HP leech. If i want to decide like a two hand axe wielder i cant. Thats why i asked if they changed the cooldown thing too. It would only be fair if we could put two stam leech glyphs that dont share cd. Or get a full glyph on mainhand if there is none on backhand.

As it is currenty i will most probably switch to poisons. Depending on how much flowers it costs..
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    For another, the question was simple, about putting same glyphs on different weapons. It's not something to be done because glyphs of same type share same global cooldown. If poison on main hand proc'd, cooldown have started, and poison glyph from off hand won't be able to proc for same period either. Worse yet, if non-infused poison glyph proc'd, then normal, 4-second cooldown have started, and infused glyph (with halved cooldown) on another hand will not be able to proc for full 4 seconds either.

Right. I knew about the cooldown. But they changed the glyphs on dual wield and now i have a disadvantage. I only can get some 170 stamina leech or only some 420 HP leech. If i want to decide like a two hand axe wielder i cant. Thats why i asked if they changed the cooldown thing too. It would only be fair if we could put two stam leech glyphs that dont share cd. Or get a full glyph on mainhand if there is none on backhand.

As it is currenty i will most probably switch to poisons. Depending on how much flowers it costs..

No, sadly they didn't; it's ZOS for you. Everyone (including yours truly) clamored on forums during the nerf that it'd be only fair to let same glyphs stack (or only remove glyph from off hand while keeping full strength glyph on main one), because as things stand, all glyphs must be different, so DW doesn't have a way of combining two halved glyphs into equivalent of a full one. But nothing was done about it.

I still do enchant my DW with poison and absorb stamina, but I dropped infused trait altogether and go nirnhoned/sharpened, double sharpened or nirnhoned/precise, with alchemical poisons. Mind, it's not a huge difference, but poisons still give you a bit of an edge.