Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Give Players The Option To Turn OFF Your Crown Store Marketing Announcement

Palidon
Palidon
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS it would be nice to have an option to turn that annoying announcement off. Frankly I could care less what you have available in the Crown Store. If I want to see what is offered I can always open the Crown Store Icon in my menu. Your Marketing Announcement pops up at Inconvenient times and has caused my game to crash several times in Cyrodill. Your game is already riddled with game performance issues and this Marketing Annoyance is one of them.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When does it pop up? I only get it right after I log in. Hardly a problem if you ask me.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When does it pop up? I only get it right after I log in. Hardly a problem if you ask me.

No, not really a problem, but some people like less spam in their games. I'd like the option too, the popup doesn't really bother me, but they are a slippery slope. The marketing monkeys might get the bright idea to put spam-ads in other windows of the game. Rift ended up that way with gold coin icons littering all the windows. SWTOR similar but less obnoxious.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thimk you're overdramatising a bit. One window just after log in isn't something that can be described like that:
    Palidon wrote: »
    Your Marketing Announcement pops up at Inconvenient times and has caused my game to crash several times in Cyrodill.
    Mind it, I'm not against a toggle per se, but I find this a non-issue. And you also can get daily login reward in that window so it's not all crown store advertisements.

"I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • crysis992
    crysis992
    ✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    I thimk you're overdramatising a bit. One window just after log in isn't something that can be described like that:
    Your Marketing Announcement pops up at Inconvenient times and has caused my game to crash several times in Cyrodill.
    Mind it, I'm not against a toggle per se, but I find this a non-issue. And you also can get daily login reward in that window so it's not all crown store advertisements.

I guess he refers to the weekly announcement when the crown store changes.
    You will get a pop up when that happens, mostly after a load screen/zone change, but sometimes even in the middle of a fight.
    Ruined once a no-death run for me, the window popped up in the middle of the fight.
    Edited by crysis992 on July 24, 2019 8:34AM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    crysis992 wrote: »

You will get a pop up when that happens, mostly after a load screen/zone change, but sometimes even in the middle of a fight.
    Ruined once a no-death run for me, the window popped up in the middle of the fight.

I don't go to Cyrodiil that often so I wouldn't know. If that's the case then I'm sorry. Never happened to me.
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    crysis992 wrote: »

I have never once had that, and nobody in my guild either has mentioned such a happening.

Video? Because I honestly find this a little hard to believe mid dungeon/trial.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually i like it because i otherwise i would miss some stuff. Also is there no addon which already blocks it? But there should be an option to disable it even if i would not use it.
    also known as Overlich.
  • Legate_Lanius
    Legate_Lanius
    ✭✭✭
    It does feel indeed very intrusive, because they want to shove down our throats that crown store.
    One of the rare games that I've played who does that, actually the only one when I really think about other games with in-game stores.

Won't change anytime soon sadly.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes in my game it pops up when I'm going through a door or using a wayshrine. I have no idea why the game thinks it needs to happen at these times because most of the time it's just at login. But I've had days when it has popped up 5-6 times. It is annoying when that happens.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sometimes in my game it pops up when I'm going through a door or using a wayshrine. I have no idea why the game thinks it needs to happen at these times because most of the time it's just at login. But I've had days when it has popped up 5-6 times. It is annoying when that happens.

Never happened to me. I only get it when I log in. Do you play on PC or console? Maybe it's a console thing?
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    The market announcement takes place at "player activated". (incl. /reloadui)
    But there is an event, which could happen anytime, too.

So, I assume you played during the UTC time of the daily reward reset. Is that possible?
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to get that, on PC, a few patches ago. Clearly it can be buggy for some people. It is not for me anymore, it got cleared up, and I thought they had fixed something universally and was boggled to hear later that not everyone was experiencing it the way I was. People's games are not all bugged the same way, surprise surprise.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh the pains of being a console peasant. Us PC master race members have addons for that.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh the pains of being a console peasant. Us PC master race members have addons for that.

I own a console and that never happened to me, so dunno what you’re on about
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you also can get daily login reward in that window so it's not all crown store advertisements.

Um...hate to break this to ya bub, but daily login rewards are a crown store advertisement.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    And you also can get daily login reward in that window so it's not all crown store advertisements.

Um...hate to break this to ya bub, but daily login rewards are a crown store advertisement.

Wow! Really? 0_o
    giphy.webp

Did you read my other replies or just the first one? Crown store pop-up being displayed once a log in is a non issue to me. Just press alt or whatever button you use and get on with your game. On the other hand, if someone has it pop up every loading screen then I agree that it can be annoying, but I haven't experienced it. Write to support or download an addon if you're part of master race. ;)
    Edited by Michae on July 30, 2019 6:34AM
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That announcement window is also for actually important announcements like events and what not.
    And who knows, sometimes you might actually want what's on offer. I know I was very interested when DLCs and Assistants were on sale.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I don't think they will. It is obviously there to draw attention and encourage spending of the cashmoney in the store. What would making it a toggleable thing achieve for them? Sure, some of us find it irritating and it might even drive some people away from the store, but I bet you it is attracting more customers, rather than losing them.

It sucks, but there we go.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • magicsprout
    magicsprout
    ✭✭✭
    on a loadscreen after the dropdown last boss vet malatar.....i died
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It only pops up once when you log in and even then it’s one simple button press to get rid of it. I would of course prefer that it wasn’t there but it’s hardly a big issue at all...
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did have a weird thing happen to me, related to this window. I think I was hunting dragons in Elsweyr or something, and was racing my way toward one when I saw this window flick up on the screen, then I was stuck in a really long loading screen, and then I came back to the announcement window. It was really inconvenient and I wasn't pleased with it.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True. That was Zos' response to our complaints about the window showing up often. It is not an issue with the current design. Hardly worth complaining about.

The only thing I would suggest is if you are in an instanced dungeon the window not pop up when you go through a door/changes phases within the same dungeon. It can wait until you are finished.
    Edited by idk on August 5, 2019 4:26PM
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does not bother me too much since it only pops up when i log in for the most part. I tend to actually have a quick skip through it to see if anything takes my fancy. But saying that, I do think there should be an option in the settings to hide it. Then people can choose.