The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Silent waterfalls don't cut it

Gorak
Gorak
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Is it possible to add sound to the waterfall furnishing? Fountains have moving water and sound, so I would imagine that the same sound could be added to the waterfall.
I want a raven avatar, please.
PC NA; DC ftw
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shh i like the silent waterfalls. the only furnishing which has a sound i actually prefer over silence are the wind chimes. wish they were louder tbh
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Waterfalls should have a sound similar to the fountains.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to switch sound on and off more often.

Not only in this case with the waterfall, but also with others like the Elsweyr achievement singing wall, or that gigantic moon portal.

There are already light switches ingame, we need sound switches. :-)!

I case of the waterfall, there's an easy solution though: place a fountain near it, so it can be heard but not seen, to have mumbling water sounds for the waterfall.
    PC/EU
  • Gorak
    Gorak
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to switch sound on and off more often.

Not only in this case with the waterfall, but also with others like the Elsweyr achievement singing wall, or that gigantic moon portal.

There are already light switches ingame, we need sound switches. :-)!

I case of the waterfall, there's an easy solution though: place a fountain near it, so it can be heard but not seen, to have mumbling water sounds for the waterfall.

I have used fountains throughout all of the houses that I have installed waterfalls in. That gets expensive in a hurry though: one house has a long, tumbling creek with 9 waterfalls along its length. That is a lot of fountains lol.

Sound switches is an interesting idea, though.
    PC NA; DC ftw
  • ShadowCrosserX
    ShadowCrosserX
    Soul Shriven
    I work in the Creation Kit a lot, and I have to admit that silent waterfalls do make the atmosphere feel off. I personally like to have a little bit of sound going off in my homes from time to time. They could try adding a sound emitter to the waterfall assets, and include the ability to toggle off the sound for those who wouldn't like it.
    "The Daedric Prince of Order. Or biscuits... No. Order. And not in a good way. Bleak. Colorless. Dead. Boring, boring, boring." - Sheogorath
    • Discord: Shadow#7411
  • Gorak
    Gorak
    ✭✭✭
    I work in the Creation Kit a lot, and I have to admit that silent waterfalls do make the atmosphere feel off. I personally like to have a little bit of sound going off in my homes from time to time.

Sound is a little like movement when decorating: it adds another dimension to the place, and helps invest the house - or garden, yard, etc. - with more depth and life. It is an important element in the overall impact that is felt by a visitor to your house. The wind chimes, noted by @TheNightflame, are a great example of how sound can help create that ambience that we seek as decorators.
    PC NA; DC ftw
  • AONomad
    AONomad
    Heavily support this proposed change.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah hearing the falls would be soothing in my Linchal vineyards and gardens and my other falls.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gorak absolutely yes!

It’s like the Imperial fountain request I had in a way... it’s really hard to have a fountain without running water, or at least the option to turn the fountain on and leave it off for those who prefer it off. The same could be said for this. It’s hard to have a waterfall that doesn’t make any sound, however there could be a switch to activate the sound. Those who prefer no noise would be able to leave it as such.

As you said, it does create an overall change in the environment. Visual design is not the only facet to decorating.

I truly hope that the creators who give us these wonderful furnishings, will agree and see fit to add this essential feature.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even the waterfalls in the game outside of housing don’t make much sound.

When I walk by one I expect to hear it but only a whisper of sound comes out. I would like to hear loud, rushing water when I’m standing right at the base of the falls.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA