The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What’s the best hybrid class?

RiskyChalice863
RiskyChalice863
✭✭✭
What is the best class for a hybrid build centered around the Pelinal set? Before anyone says anything, yes I know hybrids are not entirely optimal. But I have absolutely no intention of stepping foot in a trial with such a character. I just want to have a hybrid build that can do things solo (world bosses, dungeons, vMA, etc.), be a solid member in group dungeon content (ideally as a non-DPS, because the queues are shorter and I tend to enjoy it more), and have at least some PvP success. To clarify, while I know tank builds are often hybrids—and I’m not averse to using the hybrid character as a tank at some point—I’m not specifically looking for a tank.

Given the inherent weaknesses of hybrid builds, I think it’s important to leverage its strengths as much as possible: These strengths include flexibility to utilize Stam and Magicka abilities together in a creative/effective way, being able to paper over the different flaws that Stam and Magicka builds of a particular class may have, and sometimes being able to leverage together different class passives that weren’t necessarily balanced around being leveraged at the same time.

My inclination is to think that hybrid DK and hybrid Wardens are probably the best, with hybrid Nightblades and Necromancers being solid options too.

My logic with the hybrid DK is based on several things: MagDK’s suffer from lack of burst and lack of an execute, but a hybrid would avoid those issues, particularly the latter. Meanwhile, StamDKs miss out on some of the powerful self-healing that a MagDK gets (from Flame Lash, Burning Embers, Obsidian Shard, and Coagulating Blood). Also, I think a build that leans on both Magicka and Stamina could get even more use out of Battle Roar and Combustion.

My logic with the Warden is that you basically take a Stamden but make its healing even better, give it access to Fetcher Infection (which will be really strong particularly next patch), an extra AOE DoT, and the option to use Screaming Cliff Racer—which does more damage than Cutting Dive. I don’t love that the Prophecy/Savagery and the Sorcery/Brutality buffs are separated behind different morphs of the same abilities though.

The idea with a Nightblade would basically just be to leverage the huge sustained self-heals of a Magblade with the burst of a Stamblade.

Hybrid Necromancers could be good. You’d get executes—which Magicka Necromancers basically lack. And you’d get access to some very strong healing abilities that Stamina Necromancers lack. Overall, though, the Necromancer class seems to have largely been built around having most abilities be useful for both Stam and Magicka builds, so I’m not sure it adds enough to justify the downsides of hybrids.

I think Sorcerers are probably not as good, because pets and shields scale off of Magicka only, and because their passive healing relies on consistent crits, which is harder to achieve if you’d need to pump both spell and weapon critical.

My thought with Templars is not so much that hybrid Templars would be bad as it is that I don’t really see what you get from it that you don’t have on a Magplar already. I don’t really think Magplars and Stamplars have wildly different strengths and weaknesses, which makes a hybrid less useful.

What do you all think? Is there something I’m missing?

• WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would say either DK, Templar or Necro. But I think the best would be Necro. I don’t remember the necro passives and skills exactly but they had a lot of converting abilities to stamina.

Necro has good heals alongside Vigor which could be very useful. When I purchase Elsweyr I will make a hybrid necro for sure.

Warden is a solid choice, however the Magicka side would only be useful for tanking. (Is isn’t exactly a bad thing).

The bull Netch morph also gives Major Brutality and Sorcery :smile:
  • RiskyChalice863
    RiskyChalice863
    ✭✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    Personally I would say either DK, Templar or Necro. But I think the best would be Necro. I don’t remember the necro passives and skills exactly but they had a lot of converting abilities to stamina.

Necro has good heals alongside Vigor which could be very useful. When I purchase Elsweyr I will make a hybrid necro for sure.

Warden is a solid choice, however the Magicka side would only be useful for tanking. (Is isn’t exactly a bad thing).

The bull Netch morph also gives Major Brutality and Sorcery :smile:

Ha, I didn’t realize the Bull Netch provided both! I have a Magden and Stamden but I guess it’s something I’ve never really thought of since getting both has never really been relevant to me. That makes Warden even better for this than I had thought. Of course, you don’t really NEED Major Sorcery in a Pelinals build, but if you ever want to use different sets on a hybrid then that’d be helpful. The savagery/prophecy thing is a bigger deal I suppose.

Edited by RiskyChalice863 on July 22, 2019 11:29PM
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off Netch gives one or the other, Stam morph gives Major Brutality and Mag morph gives Major Sorcery.

DK's however give both Major Brutality and Sorcery on one buff which makes them good for Hybrid.

Edited by IronWooshu on July 22, 2019 11:58PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dk #1, minor and major brutality means you can stack the highest weapon damage for Pelinals. Embers and maybe whip on Pelinals bar for heals.

Templar #2, 6% weapon damage class passive plus major brutality. Can use Pelinals back bar Honor the dead, eclipse or radiant destruction for execute. I ran this for a while when Pelinals first came out. Can run your regen spell for off stat regen and harvest corpses for stam regen. Worked pretty well actually.

Necro, not much point. What skills do you need to run magicka versions of, maybe the Mender? The Tether skills will scale from highest stat next patch.

Actually need to try necro and see if mender heals keep their strength if you bar swap from Pelinals back bar to front bar. You would also have access to the necro burst heals, and bone yard would get you weapon and spell pen. Fully loaded Mender and vigor would be a massive amount of heals. Might actually work.
    Edited by katorga on July 23, 2019 3:45AM