The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Haunting Story of Painting Bug!

Shirayuki_Sama
Shirayuki_Sama
✭✭✭✭
I know it's not Halloween yet, but I want to tell you a haunting story, happened days ago in my house.

I had almost finished decorating my Serenity Falls Estate, and a friend of mine to celebrate the event gave me a picture from the crown store: Painting of Aldmeri Ruins, Refined.
Enthusiastic about the gift, I decided to put it immediately in my home, unaware of what would happen on the day after...

The following day, returning to the game, I noticed that something was wrong, because by moving objects already present in my house, one of these did not return to its place. Checking housing editor made me discover I had 701/700 slots which is totally impossible ...
o3p66a5pz1yh.jpg

I opened a ticket, hoping to solve the problem, but what I got was: "We have our hands tied, the only solution is to remove objects to free the slot".
And so I did, without understanding what generated the problem. :(

The next day I realized that one of my sofas (Elsweyr couch elegant wooden) disappeared, and in its place there was a picture: Painting of Aldmeri Ruins, refined. Everyone in guild told me to let it go, that I had earned a beautiful painting and that I could buy the sofa back anytime.
m8tv6pq1yzx6.jpg
(as you can see they don't stack with each other)

All right, it's strange what happened, but why not?!

You know that little voice inside your head, which tells you that you are making a mistake and you never listen to it? Ok ... believe me, when I tell you to start to do it, because that's where the story gets creepy.

On the third day, I went into my house, and I noticed that another object had disappeared. But this time it wasn't an ordinary object, but something very expensive. My Elsweyr mirror carved wall (paid 200k gold in game) had disappeared into thin air. Even more absurd, I was still at 700/700 slots.
Since the disappearance of objects in the houses, was a bug already known in the game, I immediately opened a new ticket asking them to recover my lost item.
But despite this, I could not give myself peace.

In 3 days a series of strange bugs had targeted my house, haunting it like some kind of ghost, and since the customer care seemed to have no idea what was going on I decided to do things on my own way this time.

For hours I stayed in my house to study, to calculate and in the end I found the culprit! And yes, for the third time the damn possessed painting had struck again!!!
Another Painting of Aldmeri Ruins, Refined (a third copy of it) was generated by devouring another of the objects present in the house.
e30uy3xj184g.jpg

Taken by anger, I tried to remove the picture, but I couldn't do it and now I'll show you why ...
4emceysgofl1.jpg
5vdkwql0u2q6.jpg
(as you can see the item was not bound anymore, and it was 998m away...in a bank?! LOL)

I immediately updated my ticket, without getting any reply about it for days...

For me, creating and decorating houses in this game is the most beautiful and important thing to which I dedicate a lot of my free time (and probably many of you on this forum, can understand my passion in creating something that can amaze others, leaving them speechless). For this reason, although my request for help to remove the guilty picture of all the havoc in my house was ignored, I decided to risk and find a solution.

I started to remove everything I had in my house, aware that I could loose some of these in the operation, and after taking off more than 40 objects I finally managed to get rid of all the damn copies!

I immediately took them away from my Serenity, and now they are in a dark corner of my Mara's Kiss Inn room (completely empty), and guess what? Even there they began to disappear into the void again :D

Moral of this story:

1. Never buy this painting! If you have this painting in one of your houses, try to remove it, before finding yourself with 100 copies of Aldmeri Ruins!

2. If you have a enemy, you can gift him/her with it and smiling message like: "For you, have fun!" ;)
(Of course I am not talking about my friend who gifted it to me, cause I know she adores me! <3)

3. And the most important in my opinion ... Eso needs a good exorcist to solve their bugs problem! :D

Sorry if the story was a bit long, but I really hope it will help some of you in the future. I wish you all to have fun! :)
Edited by Shirayuki_Sama on July 24, 2019 6:13AM
HachikoChan - Aetherius Art Housing Guild - PC EU

HachikoChan Twitter

HachikoChan Youtube Channel
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing your haunting house story, it was suspenful and entertaining to read, though as a fellow housing enthousiast I sympathize with the loss of your expensive furnishing items, and I hope Support can retrurn them to you swiftly. The weirdest past was the fact that the painting made copies of itself, to keep the 700/700 slot space capped, but how mean of it to devour Elsweyr items, instead of, I don't know, a 'common washtub, empty' :D I also had weird things happening while decorating, I've lost some items from the luxury vendor by recalling them to my bag, but intead they disappeared completely, but I had nothing like a haunted painting--in any case I'll be avoiding it in the future :sweat_smile:
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for the warning (it is very useful and can avoid some nasty surprises for some of us) and for this thrilling story that was written with a lot of humor!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's like borderline malicious code. Someone at Zenimax came close to creating an actual Virus.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, i really want to play with this on the PTS🤔
    Thanks for bringing this to peoples attention
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps this bug is worthy of being brought to the attention of someone at ZOS, who could pass the information to someone competent to be properly investigated and, hopefully, exterminated like the bothersome pest it is?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    God, that is really weird...

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just seeing this now. Let me get my bell, book and candle.

Also, totally unrelated: can someone find me a young priest and an old priest? Spoiler alert: the old priest is not gonna make it. :(

(Sorry to hear about that Hungry, Hungry Painting though <3)