Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

hunting Hakeijo so i don't have to pay for it

user0666
user0666
please tell me if I'm misundersanding this, but I know I can get them from guild traders, but I can also get them for free by simply wandering around cyrodil and farming rune stones and I should randomly find them that way?
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drops from enemies in sewers not Cyrodiil and not from rune stones

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Hakeijo
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During last event I think, I did pick up a Hakeijo from a Psijic Portal.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hakeijo can be gotten in several places

1. Psijic Portals around Tamriel

2. Purchased for 5,000 TelVar in the IC Sewers

3. Dropped from Trove Scamps that spawn occasionally in the sewers
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

I'll just add that #1 is extremely rare (a rare drop from a rare node), and #2 and #3 require you to play in a PvP area.

If PvP is not a problem, then #2 is the easiest way to get hakeijo by far (barring buying it from a trader, of course)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t forget:

4. An extremely rare chance in heavy sacks.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 20, 2019 3:09PM
  • user0666
    user0666
    wherestheentrance.jpg

Ok, thanks all. Here's my other question on the subject. I'm in the ebonheart pact and I'm currently looking for a sewer entrance. You can see where I'm at in the map. Where can i find the sewer entrance from where I'm at?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    user0666 wrote: »
    wherestheentrance.jpg

Ok, thanks all. Here's my other question on the subject. I'm in the ebonheart pact and I'm currently looking for a sewer entrance. You can see where I'm at in the map. Where can i find the sewer entrance from where I'm at?

Imperial city is now it's own campaign. You no longer enter it from cyrodiil, you instead queue directly for imperial city.
  • user0666
    user0666
    oh ok. I'm gonna find a pvp guild to join then. I finally made it level 100 for the first time this week and finally feel ready to explore the pvp and group pve side of this game. There's so much of this game to explore it never end, lol. thanks for the info! :)
  • user0666
    user0666
    question regarding the psijic portals option:

How do i find these things? For example, I found this youtube link that supposed to give me portal locations but when i go to those locations I don't find them...but halariously I almost always find corn flower at those locations so i make a good amount of gold that way. Am I not following the instructions properly in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT9k6Yy-z-w
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    question regarding the psijic portals option:
    How do i find these things? For example, I found this youtube link that supposed to give me portal locations but when i go to those locations I don't find them...but halariously I almost always find corn flower at those locations so i make a good amount of gold that way. Am I not following the instructions properly in this video?

Psijic Portals share spawn points with Rune stones, they don't have their own spawn points. So once you unlocked the portal option during the Psijic main quest any rune spawn point in Tamriel has a chance to be a Psijic Portal.
    shades.gif

Edited by SirAndy on July 22, 2019 12:40AM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very rare drop from enchanter hireling as well gotten a few that way.
  • user0666
    user0666
    cool, thanks! I got the psijic order skill line now and am able to find portals on that island. but only two of the many places shown in that youtube video actually had any portals there. i haven't found the rune stone yet but at least i have another place to look for them on top of the dungeon option.
    Edited by user0666 on July 22, 2019 4:41AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool, thanks! I got the psijic order skill line now and am able to find portals on that island. but only two of the many places shown in that youtube video actually had any portals there. i haven't found the rune stone yet but at least i have another place to look for them on top of the dungeon option.

To clarify: there are runestone spawn points all over he game world. They either are empty, or have a runestone(the thingy with red light shining from it) spawned on them. Very rarely, a psijic portal spawns on the spot instead of rune stone. Where and when a psijic portal replaces he standard rune stone is entirely random, so here is no point in going to a specific spot just because it had a portal before.

However, the summerset zone has a higher chance of a portal spawning than other zones, so if you absolutely want to try and farm them, thats the place to do it.
  • user0666
    user0666
    ok
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    However, the summerset zone has a higher chance of a portal spawning than other zones, so if you absolutely want to try and farm them, thats the place to do it.

Possible spawn locations in Summerset:

post-2-1563777197.png
  • user0666
    user0666
    SirAndy wrote: »

post-2-1563777197.png

Oh wow, thanks! where did you find that map?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

Oh wow, thanks! where did you find that map?

My mapping AddOn, TTMP (The Tamriel Mapping Project)
    https://esoui.com/downloads/info1427-TTMPTheTamrielMappingProject.html
    bye1.gif

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @user0666 One little hint I'll drop on you that I've used in the past that is the closest thing to psijic portal "farming" I've found is this...

Go to Bal Foyen and run around the large open area with the flooded fields. There are about a dozen-ish nodes that can spawn runestones/portals. That area is typically heavily infested with bots farming nodes in a big loop, but since none of these bots have unlocked the Psijic Order questline, they will not be able to interact with the portals, but will often clear out the runestones each loop.

Most of the other, non-bot, players are low levels that have also not unlocked the Psijic Order questline, and subsequently cannot see the portals, reducing the competition even further. I've ran through there and seen 6-7 portals active at the same time, and I'll just make loops farming the other nodes that respawn while I'm looking for portals. The portals are nice, too, because they emit a very strong light source of their own, making them stand out from a long way off.

The node respawn rate in the starter zones also seems higher than many other zones, but that may be perception-based because the area is smaller.

Happy hunting.

Grammar.
    Edited by Feric51 on July 22, 2019 5:04PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    The node respawn rate in the starter zones also seems higher than many other zones, but that may be perception-based because the area is smaller.
    Nodes respawn faster the more players are in the immediate area. So for smaller zones, that's why you get better respawn rates (if the zone is populated with players).

From what i can tell, there's a set number of Psijic Portals that can be active at any given time per zone which means smaller zones are generally better for farming.
    bye1.gif

Bal Foyen rune spawn points:

post-2-1563816066.png

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @user0666 One little hint I'll drop on you that I've used in the past that is the closest thing to psijic portal "farming" I've found is this...

Go to Bal Foyen and run around the large open area with the flooded fields. There are about a dozen-ish nodes that can spawn runestones/portals. That area is typically heavily infested with bots farming nodes in a big loop, but since none of these bots have unlocked the Psijic Order questline, they will not be able to interact with the portals, but will often clear out the runestones each loop.

Most of the other, non-bot, players are low levels that have also not unlocked the Psijic Order questline, and subsequently cannot see the portals, reducing the competition even further. I've ran through there and seen 6-7 portals active at the same time, and I'll just make loops farming the other nodes that respawn while I'm looking for portals. The portals are nice, too, because they emit a very strong light source of their own, making them stand out from a long way off.

Happy hunting.

Grammar.

Interesting. I always thought other players can see the portals as normal runestone nodes, similar to how a player with maxed out blacksmithing will see a rubedite node where a level 1 would see iron (if they both looked at the same node at once).
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy hunting.

Grammar.

Interesting. I always thought other players can see the portals as normal runestone nodes, similar to how a player with maxed out blacksmithing will see a rubedite node where a level 1 would see iron (if they both looked at the same node at once).

That's a theory I'll admit I have not tested. I guess I could easily do it by pairing up with someone who has Psijic unlocked, and someone who doesn't then finding an active portal and find out what the person without the Psijic Order skill line sees.

Let me know if anyone tries this. I was under the impression that if a portal was active, then the node would appear empty to someone who had not unlocked the passive.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Happy hunting.

Grammar.

That's a theory I'll admit I have not tested. I guess I could easily do it by pairing up with someone who has Psijic unlocked, and someone who doesn't then finding an active portal and find out what the person without the Psijic Order skill line sees.

Let me know if anyone tries this. I was under the impression that if a portal was active, then the node would appear empty to someone who had not unlocked the passive.

I think your interpretation is correct, primarily because I've seen other players who are clearly harvesting nodes completely skip by a portal that is readily visible.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought SS a month or so after it was released and only started the Psijic skill line a few months after I'd bought SS. I did not see portals until I unlocked the skill line.

It isn't like this is hidden knowledge. If you read the tooltip for the passive it states that: "The insight you have gained from the Psijic Order grants you vision of the spiritual world. You can now interact with rifts all throughout Tamriel." (from UESP)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don’t forget:

4. An extremely rare chance in heavy sacks.

All the ones I have came from the anniversary event gift boxes. So there's that too.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

Happy hunting.

Grammar.

I think your interpretation is correct, primarily because I've seen other players who are clearly harvesting nodes completely skip by a portal that is readily visible.

I can confirm this. My spouse and I have quested together on characters where only one has the Psijic skill line unlocked. The one who doesn't sees nothing when there is a Psijic portal.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

agree.gif

I have noticed the same thing, players farming in the area always seem to ignore the spawned portals, implying that they are empty (no rune) for them.
    idea.gif

• BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome, lol, didn't know that!

user0666, if you collect your daily login rewards, you will find Tel Var stones among them too, if you've collected enough of them you can buy Hakeijo, without having to PvP first.

I'm not an Imperial City regular, but I have some Tel Var sitting for ages at the bank. Probably will be buying some Hakeijo too now I know this. Thanks Tmbrinks!
    Hakeijo1.jpg