Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are there no Purple Colored Adornments/Jewelry in the game?

ChrystalWind
ChrystalWind
✭✭✭
I have seen MANY Many Armors and Costumes dyed Purple and I myself have done it just to change it to a different color because there are no adornments that are purple in color. Amethyst is used in Traits but not in adornments or jewelry in the game. Why is that? Can we please get some purple adornments/jewelry?
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Purple was IRL the most expensive dye until s.c. XIX if I'm not mistaken, when it was finally found the way to produce it chemically. Perhaps it's the same in Tamriel?
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There definitely are some purple adornments, and cosmetics too. Here is one of my characters, Danna Indoril, with a purple coloured flower in her hair, and a purple coloured lipstick:
    eMcJpgm.png
    Edited by Watchdog on July 19, 2019 6:10PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, but my best guess is it's a combination of oversight and the fact that each race seems to have a theme for their adornments, most of which don't include purple.
    Watchdog wrote: »
    There definitely are some purple adornments, and cosmetics too. Here is one of my characters, Danna Indoril, with a purple coloured flower in her hair, and a purple coloured lipstick:
    eMcJpgm.png

I think the flower colour varies by race. I know that's the case for some other things, like the headbands - on some characters they're gold, on others silver and on some a dull grey like steel.

I don't know if that's any help for the OP. Changing a characters race to get the right flower colour seems pretty drastic, but might be worth it for some people.
    Purple was IRL the most expensive dye until s.c. XIX if I'm not mistaken, when it was finally found the way to produce it chemically. Perhaps it's the same in Tamriel?

The prevalence of purple dyes which can be unlocked in game suggests that's not the case. But also the OP mentioned amethyst, which is a relatively common naturally purple gem stone. No dyes needed and in real life it's been used in jewellery and decoration since ancient times. I would have thought anyone who could afford the other adornments in-game would be able to get it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I think the flower colour varies by race. I know that's the case for some other things, like the headbands - on some characters they're gold, on others silver and on some a dull grey like steel.

The flower (wolfsbane) was a limited item in crates around the time of the Wolfhunter DLC drop, and does not change. As for the color of the metal adornments you mention, that's determined by the hair colors selected in the character creation screen.
  • ChrystalWind
    ChrystalWind
    ✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    eMcJpgm.png

Please forgive me I forgot about those TWO things that are purple in the adornments. I guess I am looking more for earrings and headbands.
    I'm not a flower in the hair kinda person nor do I care for the Purple lipstick. That does not mean it is not nice on others I am just not a person to care for it on my toons or on myself for that matter. Just looking for more items like Jewelry and headbands/circlets and was wondering why it is not in the game. I figure it is more of an oversite then anything else.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even in Daggerfall purple is only worn by royalty.

I think it's just safe to chalk up as expensive.

It's a nice colour mind. I have purple incorporated on my IRL tattoo for a flower.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well then it makes sense that the brightest purple dye is locked behind stealing 1 million gold. :D
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This issue could be resolved if they made head adornments available as 'hats' as well (since hats can be dyed but adornments cannot), or if they made adornments dyable too. Because yeah, there aren't many colour options. No green or pink jewelry either. Just red gems, blue gems and pearls.

It would help a lot, we could actually decide for ourselves whether our black haired characters prefer gold or silver jewelry (or brass or rosegold or whatever), instead of it all being predetermined by our hair colour. And we could alter the Red Diamond Circlet to have a purple gem or a white diamond. And being able to dye non-dyable costume parts would go a long way too. One of my all-time favourite costumes, the Cyrod Patrician Formal Gown has bright blue gems which ruin my blood-red-and-gold Imperial look.

Ah well. We're stuck with the old predetermined boring system for now.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well then it makes sense that the brightest purple dye is locked behind stealing 1 million gold. :D

I have that dye too lol.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • ChrystalWind
    ChrystalWind
    ✭✭✭
    Bump!