Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam vs magic...stam is completely op

NoBull
NoBull
There's no question stam beats mage 90% of the time... Stam has heals that can crit... Magic has shields that can get nerfed! I play a sorc.. not a pet sorc ... I play a mag dk .. magcro ... But also have a stam warden and stam sorc. My stam characters are seem to take down any class regardless of who it is.mag classes seem to be weaker some how. When i think elder scrolls i think magic and wizardry but when i play its over ran by stam spinning every class having weapon skill line execute poison bleeds constant pressure... I consider myself a decent player who mostly solos or group of 2 or 3 and i feel underwhelming with magic ...my fav.. classes
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15% cost reduction across the board allows Stamina builds to spec much more heavily into damage than sustain. This alone creates a huge power gap between Stamina and Magicka.

It gets much worse, however. The constant nerfs on Magicka and buffs for Stamina have also taken their toll. Damage shields seem like they get nerfed every patch, now. Then there is the power creep from overpowered Stamina gear sets, don't even get me started...
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go into battle with a walking stick or go into battle with an axe.

You decide!
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just have to fight any magica build 1v1 (dk and nblade especially) with 2 damage sets and pirate skelly or shadowrend to know this is untrue, light attacks from a staff connect without fail non stop proccing glyphs much more than a stam build , they have access to ele drain which is the most op free regen for a 0 cost ability and healing ward coupled with burst heals works insanely well
  • Luminide
    Luminide
    ✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    You just have to fight any magica build 1v1 (dk and nblade especially) with 2 damage sets and pirate skelly or shadowrend to know this is untrue, light attacks from a staff connect without fail non stop proccing glyphs much more than a stam build , they have access to ele drain which is the most op free regen for a 0 cost ability and healing ward coupled with burst heals works insanely well

Can't really argue with pirate skelly being overtuned on live, particularly on magsorcs but it's getting dumpstered if the current pts changes go through.

Is healing ward considered strong on live? I use it on my magblade in combination with the blackrose staff but I don't really see any other classes run it aside from non-pet magsorcs, the ability's been pretty lackluster on it's own since murkmire.

I've seen some good dueling builds for stamplar and stamdk but I will agree in purely one on one encounters mag builds(depending on the class) are probably better on average.

That being said going up against multiple people be it cyro or bgs stam builds are a lot more effective, higher ability and being able to negate a lot of damage by just roll dodging and line of sighting alone is extremely effective. Add on how effective heavy armor snb builds are on live allowing for players to stack an obscene amount of weapon damage and it's easy to see how effective stam builds are atleast imo.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

You decide!

Blow your enemies with ranged magic, or use your axe in close combat

You decide!
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »

You decide!

You decide!

"Blow your enemies."

Whelp, if that's the case I'm definitely going stam. Lol
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On your Stam Sorc in particular look at how many rolling HoTs you have, add vigor and you get a decent burst window that you can ignore any semblance of defense. Biggest eye opener for me was getting Rapid regen/mutagen/ standing in a cinder storm HoT lava. I didn't even need to dragons blood to heal.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You decide!

You decide!

"Blow your enemies."

Hahahaha

To op, it's the player, not the class/ spec
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoBull wrote: »
    There's no question stam beats mage 90% of the time... Stam has heals that can crit... Magic has shields that can get nerfed! I play a sorc.. not a pet sorc ... I play a mag dk .. magcro ... But also have a stam warden and stam sorc. My stam characters are seem to take down any class regardless of who it is.mag classes seem to be weaker some how. When i think elder scrolls i think magic and wizardry but when i play its over ran by stam spinning every class having weapon skill line execute poison bleeds constant pressure... I consider myself a decent player who mostly solos or group of 2 or 3 and i feel underwhelming with magic ...my fav.. classes

implying 15k damage shields where okay and fun and balanced
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Incorrect. If you actually take the time to learn how to play Mag and setup a good build you can do very well as Mag and better than many Stam builds. Magplar and Magsorc are very good and you can build all the Mag classes to be very effective.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag is very strong if built correctly. Not sure where OP is coming from. I play all classes both magicka and stam versions. They both excel if you take the time to understand the classes strength and weaknesses. It requires more than a YouTube video and QQ on the forums.

I don’t agree with all the changes ZOS is implementing but I’ve already made the necessary changes to my magicka characters, and guess what, not only are they still viable, they are highly competitive. This is an MMO nerfs happen. Adapt.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    erio wrote: »

implying 15k damage shields where okay and fun and balanced

They kinda were balanced. Most heal tool tips were about the same size as shield tool tips. Heals and shields both scale off offensive stats. They both consume global cooldowns to apply. Shields and heals are essentially the same thing; one is a heal you cast before you take damage, the other after.

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mostly play Stam, you will feel Mag is overpowered. If you mostly play Mag, you will feel Stam is overpowered

Humans are a self-absorbed and near-sighted race, owing to their limited lifespan, in comparison to dwarves and elves
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    Mag is under powered? look at the vast majority of pvp and pve players most are mag. Mag has shields and good healing and all mag classes with a resto staff have access to major mending. And if we want to really show how over powered mag is if you add a brp resto you can have major vitality too. Mag is over powered and we all know what It but everyone wants to nerf stam.
    Edited by Lord_Sando on July 20, 2019 9:27PM
  • NoBull
    NoBull
    So may have been a drunk rant ... Not having reflect on wings hurts how i survived... Magcro just doesnt feel right ... And honestly im not having much issues on mag sorc... but one thing for sure stam has over mag is dodge roll mitigation.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean you can run steadfast + blackrose resto and have high uptime on protection + vitality.

Also magicka is far better for groups. Eye of the storm and proxy det.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You decide!

You decide!

"Blow your enemies."

Yes performing *** at stam request will be the only job most mag toons are capable of doing better than stamina after this patch goes live.

• Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most Stam players I encounter have very loving relationships with the trees/rocks/walls of Cyrodiil. Ult dump and tree hump.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord_Sando wrote: »
    Mag is under powered? look at the vast majority of pvp and pve players most are mag. Mag has shields and good healing and all mag classes with a resto staff have access to major mending. And if we want to really show how over powered mag is if you add a brp resto you can have major vitality too. Mag is over powered and we all know what It but everyone wants to nerf stam.

Talking pve mag isnt overpowered and most mag pve Players being mag (assuming you are Right since neither of us has any reliable numbers but thats not the Point) is simply because they prefer playing it not because it is stronger. Every recent world record score for any Trial was done by a full stam Group. The highest dps ceiling can only be found on Stamina builds. There is only one class where its mag Counterpart outparses the stam one and on all other classes stam defeats mag in Terms of dps.

Talking pvp it gets a lot harder to say which one is the strongest. Magsorc with Twilight is a strong contender for any pvp context, it might be the strongest build or top 3 or something but that does not mean that any other mag build is as strong as said magsorc. Stamblade is among the top openworld Setups too, but that doesnt make it op in every Situation pvp, in battlegrounds for example you rarely see stamblades in high mmr Matches and in Terms of Group Utility a stamblade hasnt much to offer either.

Edited by Sanguinor2 on July 21, 2019 1:44AM
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    Most Stam players I encounter have very loving relationships with the trees/rocks/walls of Cyrodiil. Ult dump and tree hump.

LOS IS OP NEEDS NERF
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭

Have you played stamina in pvp?
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NinchiTV wrote: »
    Lokey0024 wrote: »

LOS IS OP NEEDS NERF

LOS is not OP, it’s just one of the many reasons why Stamina builds in PvP are a lot more playable / better than Magicka builds.

I find it quite funny how people say Magicka is better in groups. Guess what, in groups every build and spec is good. Not saying 1v1 matters but in small scale Stamina is outperforming Magicka by a lot due to the vastly superior mitigation / defense tools they have. In U23 their self-healing capabilities get improved and then there is nothing left for Magicka builds except some clearly overperforming ones due to some skills and not Magicka performance in general (Templar Eclipse, Sorc Streak).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    l2p
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    magsorc vs any stam char - you can die only if u bad or choose so.
    magplar this and next patch - you can die only if bad/you cant die at all
    magblade - if you cannot outkite and stam class with magblade delete system32
    magden - you cannot die if you choose so against any stam class
    magcro - idk really, didnt play it enough to judge
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    magsorc vs any stam char - you can die only if u bad or choose so.
    magplar this and next patch - you can die only if bad/you cant die at all
    magblade - if you cannot outkite and stam class with magblade delete system32
    magden - you cannot die if you choose so against any stam class
    magcro - idk really, didnt play it enough to judge

Maybe you shouldn’t just fight potatoes.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally mag is better in 1v1's, BG's and support, generally stam is better in 1vx and xvx. I'd say that's pretty fair overall.