The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Sorcerer - High spell damage or 55k Magika build?

aLi3nZ
aLi3nZ
✭✭✭✭
Sorcerer - High spell damage or 55k Magika build?

Used to be that maxing out Magika as much as possible was the way to go. For sustain, damage and shields.

But now with Hardened ward being nerfed and applying a set amount of protection.. I am wondering If its better to focus more on getting spell damage higher instead?

Currently running a build that focuses on maxing out magika 55k currently with 1800 regen and have less then 3k spell damage. Should I switch it over to high spell damage?
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have enough mitigation? None of it matters otherwise.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Do you have enough mitigation? None of it matters otherwise.

These are a couple builds trying to decide between Crafty + Bright-throat or Burning Spell Weave and Lich. For PVP primarily.
    wpxcJpn.png
    mhLkGay.png
    Edited by aLi3nZ on July 18, 2019 9:54AM
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decided to roll with this
    clever alchamist + willpower + bright-throat

iapdobl.png
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    For PVP? Less than 15k health? Even w/ battle spirit some nightblade is going to come along and 1-shot you...
    MinnesotaKid

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PVP? Less than 15k health? Even w/ battle spirit some nightblade is going to come along and 1-shot you...

agree.gif

• aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    BG, Cryrodill, IC all give you extra health and that screencap is outside of those areas. But I agree health is on the low side. Reason being I am using drink that gives max magika and mag regen instead of my usual go-to witches brew. The clever alchamist set helps provide 2k extra health so might be able to get away with that.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    BG, Cryrodill, IC all give you extra health and that screencap is outside of those areas. But I agree health is on the low side. Reason being I am using drink that gives max magika and mag regen instead of my usual go-to witches brew. The clever alchamist set helps provide 2k extra health so might be able to get away with that.

Can also try Spring Loaded Fusion. Pairs well with Bright Throat.