Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Too squishy?

mr-tormentrwb17_ESO
So recently I started playing ESO again, brought the new expansion and have ESO Plus, so far great, I have a stam Nightblade wood elf Who has just recently hit 160, Since after hitting 50, my night blade that used to deal a decent amount of damage now feels like absolutely nothing, Attributes are / stats
Magicka 0 / 10k
Health 5 / 11k (i feel this is way to low)
Stamina 59 / 26.3k

With this character I also have vampirism, I did this for the stamina regen but I really do not feel as it was worth it, I am not sure if it would be wise to change to a werewolf or just stay as a wood elf?

I understand now that this is all due to gear when hitting max level what would you guys advise regarding the set's of gear that I would need for this specific character? I play with a few friends and have yet to do any form of trails and to be honest i don't feel like i would be much help in them. I am able to do normal dungeons but hardcore is a big struggle constantly needing to be revived when we are doing the bossess.

Any information would be great on how I can sort of get this character beefed up abit, or if that isn't an option, doing more damage. If you guys need some more information regarding what wep or armor i am using just let me know. :smiley:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, your health is too low. You'll probably want closer to 15-18k health.

Some of that you can work on now: make sure you are using a food buff that gives max health.
    Some of that will come in time: gaining more red CP will give some extra health, working towards the Undaunted mettle passive will grant extra health, etc.

For gear, skills and rotation, the Gear Setup 2 or the Beginner Setup here might be useful: https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve/
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you need a food buff! For a wood elf I would probably use the blue max stam/health food if all my attributes and glyphs are stam.

As for gear, there are plenty of options without trial gear. There aren't gonna be the "best" setups perse, but a skilled player wearing these is gonna crush a meh player copying alcast.

Overland sets:
    Spriggan's Thorns=drops in Bangkorai
    Red Mountain=drops in Stonefalls
    Defiler=Vvardenfell

Craftable Sets:
    Hundings Rage
    Night Mother's Gaze
    Morkuldin

Easy-to-farm dungeon sets:
    Oblivion's Edge=Vaults of MAdness
    Viper=FUngal Grotto
    Leviathan=Crypt of Hearts
    Sunderflame=City of Ash

Again, these are all sets that you can get without being able to clear a vet dungeon. There are other, harder-to-get sets, but some of these can be useful for now :)
  • mr-tormentrwb17_ESO

Some of that you can work on now: make sure you are using a food buff that gives max health.
    Some of that will come in time: gaining more red CP will give some extra health, working towards the Undaunted mettle passive will grant extra health, etc.

For gear, skills and rotation, the Gear Setup 2 or the Beginner Setup here might be useful: https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve/

So I should re-arrange the attribute points to get my health to a closer amount? or just continue using any form of food buffs?
    And thank you ill have to check that link out.
  • mr-tormentrwb17_ESO
    msalvia wrote: »
    Looks like you need a food buff! For a wood elf I would probably use the blue max stam/health food if all my attributes and glyphs are stam.

As for gear, there are plenty of options without trial gear. There aren't gonna be the "best" setups perse, but a skilled player wearing these is gonna crush a meh player copying alcast.

Overland sets:
    Spriggan's Thorns=drops in Bangkorai
    Red Mountain=drops in Stonefalls
    Defiler=Vvardenfell

Craftable Sets:
    Hundings Rage
    Night Mother's Gaze
    Morkuldin

Easy-to-farm dungeon sets:
    Oblivion's Edge=Vaults of MAdness
    Viper=FUngal Grotto
    Leviathan=Crypt of Hearts
    Sunderflame=City of Ash

Again, these are all sets that you can get without being able to clear a vet dungeon. There are other, harder-to-get sets, but some of these can be useful for now :)

Okay! Thanks for the info!
    When you say overland sets, do you mean as in World bosses in that area? am I right?
    And when it comes to crafting I have never done crafting a day in my life haha

And thank you for the dungeon sets, Ill have to set some time aside to try and farm them. :blush:
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and vamp is fine--it's tradeoff between being weak to fire and low health recovery vs. higher sustain and being harder to kill when at low health. I basically always use vamps for the passives, but to each their own.

Turning WW would be ok IF you want to mash light attacks all combat. That said, WWs are easy mode dps, to the point where you can just light attack and break 20k in most cases. It's up to you, but I would be afraid of gimping myself by going WW--people aren't gonna learn to dps if they just use WW all the time, since spamming light attacks isn't viable for any other dps strategy but WW. For everything else, players need to learn a rotation/weaving.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I should re-arrange the attribute points to get my health to a closer amount? or just continue using any form of food buffs?
    And thank you ill have to check that link out.

Its a balance. You want as much stamina as possible because that helps you do damage and kill things quicker, but you also don't want to die all the time :)

So I'd go with the food buff first, then sort your gear out. Then reevaluate how you feel about your survivability, because you can do things like add a health enchant or wear a monster helm that boosts resistances in addition to just putting attributes into health, so there's a lot of flexibility in how you boost your survivability for regular content. 18k is about the health amount to survive one-shots, so below that just be aware of the fight mechanics and avoid those one-shot attacks.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say overland sets, do you mean as in World bosses in that area? am I right?
    The world bosses will generally drop weapons from the set, and you'll get the armour from other drops in the zone. Doing the delves gets you most of it. Do the dolmens, too, for the jewelry. You can leave out the WB's if you have your weapons as part of the crafted sets.
  • mr-tormentrwb17_ESO
    ghastley wrote: »
    The world bosses will generally drop weapons from the set, and you'll get the armour from other drops in the zone. Doing the delves gets you most of it. Do the dolmens, too, for the jewelry. You can leave out the WB's if you have your weapons as part of the crafted sets.
    Ah right okay! I will have to look into doing some solo time to try and farm the delves and do some research to see what gear I can find, I dont think i will be doing any sort of crafting any time soon.
    But the main thing i feel I am also lacking is my weapons which are mainly from BG crates, so they aren't great. So Ill do the WB's for the weapons.