The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What are the best food, drink, pots, glifs to make a profit??

Icaruzs
Icaruzs
✭✭✭
Hi guys i'm trying to make money using Alchemy, Provisioning and other Jobs.

But i'm new to the market, could you guys advice me which consumables are the best to craft for profit? I'm investing in longfin pasty with melon sauce, is that good? My craft cost is around 2,9k, and i sell those for 3,9

If you guys know how to make money crafting gear, i would love hear too!
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There tend to be two main types of players that sell bulk consumable stuff:

First type is those that gathers all there own mats, either out in the overland in zones or from accumulating the mats from doing daily writs on multiple characters.

Over time they build up large stockpiles of mats in their craft bags, since they make there main gold selling other stuff, and don't sell the raw mats, there only real cost is the time they spent gathering/building up their supply of mats.

That type of player can undercut you with no issue.

The other kind is, players with lots of gold the fund their money making plan, they source their mats in bulk either in zone chat or look for deals in guild stores.

Eventually they make products in bulk and sell them at a standard price, either directly in zone chat or in guild stores. These players are less likely to undercut but there stock will likely be the only ones still up on the guild stores, when someone desperately needs their product, they have no issue leaving up their stock until it expires and listing again.

Short version is you will have a lot of competition.

The best piece of advice I can give you if your starting out selling consumable stuff is, Don't flood the market, put up one crafted stack of goods of a type at a time per guild store, when it sells put up a new stack. If you make the mistake of putting up a large number of stacks in one go, the first player type above will undercut you and you will have to wait a long time for a sale.

As for what to sell, if your in a trade guild and have MM installed browse what consumables have sold in your guild, if you see lots of sales of stacks of certain types of potions and foods/drinks, that's what you should be trying to sell(if you do start selling what others in your guild do be sure to price match, won't get a lot of love if you start undercutting by a large amount)

But for Alchemy always check to see what the raw mats are selling for at the moment sometimes its a lot more profitable just to sell the plants, the second type of players are always looking for deals, if you sell for a good price your stock will get bought out quite quickly.

Provisioning mats however your better off holding onto until you have the stock necessary to craft a stack of something, the mats themselves will sell fast but the profit will be much lower than turning them into consumable stuff.

Thing you have to remember though is a full stack of purple food/drinks can take 200hrs to use up, so your stuff will be sitting in guild stores for a long time.

As for glyphs, if you farm your own hakeijo runes and have a reliable supply of Kuta, selling prismatic glyphs can bring in a decent amount of gold. But its not worth it buying the mats to do so.

Consumable stuff is usually something you get into selling later on, when you want to start filling your store slots with a wider variety of products that just raw mats and purple/gold mats, farmed gear etc... Its supplemental income don't expect it to become your primary source of gold.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad truth is that a lot of crafted consumables don't get sold. If you are starting then I advice you to sell high in demand raw materials. (There is a post here about the high cost of cornflower, so you could start with that).
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selling crafted stuff at a profit is very difficult, if not impossible. Almost always the raw mats go for more than the crafted stuff.
    It might be possible to make a profit when selling Meridia-style (e.g.) now, as that motif has been withdrawn and I assume only a handful of people can craft that style.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aelorin wrote: »
    The sad truth is that a lot of crafted consumables don't get sold.
    Haenk wrote: »
    Selling crafted stuff at a profit is very difficult

If you want to be competitive with others out there you need to lower your profit margin. Or just try to sell, for a reasonable price, what has a high demand. Check major cities and capitals for a pointer regarding consumables/high demanded items pricing.

Regarding crafting gear/items to research: if a player provides me the required mats to craft the gear/item to research, crafting is free. I just charge for the mats if they aren't provided.

Edited by redlink1979 on July 9, 2019 1:38PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others say, sell raw materials, not the crafted end products. ESO's crafting system is utterly neglected and *** on, crafted armor sets, with 3-4 exceptions, are objectively the worst sets in the game. If I had known then what I know now, I'd have never gone down the crafting route in this game, would have farmed mats instead and bought everything needed with gold. Having a max crafter really only adds a little convenience. Would be millions richer if I had just ignored the whole neglected underpowered system and farmed mats.