The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Crash Reset leads to PlayStation Plus renewal Screen

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Yesterday, got stuck in a load screen traveling to SunSpire Trial. I restart the app and trying to log back in it sent me to PlayStation plus renewal screen indicating that my subscription had ended.

I thought this was odd, but went ahead and re-subscribed for a one month. That gave me PlayStation Plus until 11/22/2019.

I’m really bad with the math and stuff, but this seems off or wrong? What happened here? 7/18/2019 to 11/22/2019 would be roughly four months.

Really I didn't think my subscription had ended, but I wanted to get back in quick so just payed this thing. Feels like you guys just robbed me a couple months for like a senseless convenance fee or something.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than you were playing ESO at the time... how is this an ESO thing?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because it didn’t happen with call of duty, or mortal combat or any other game that would require PlayStation plus. It happened with ESO, and in a very strange manner at that.

Other times would give a message that PS+ had ended and needs renewed. Then I would have to exit the game and go to the PS Store. This time it sends me straight to an easy to renew on the spot screen.

And to top it off, it wasn’t necessary at the time. My subscription was/is current without extending anything.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Because it didn’t happen with call of duty, or mortal combat or any other game that would require PlayStation plus. It happened with ESO, and in a very strange manner at that.

Other times would give a message that PS+ had ended and needs renewed. Then I would have to exit the game and go to the PS Store. This time it sends me straight to an easy to renew on the spot screen.

And to top it off, it wasn’t necessary at the time. My subscription was/is current without extending anything.

Ultimately, your beef is with Sony, I think. They are the ones that process renewals, not ZOS. I do not even know if it mattered that ESO was running. This could have been core Playstation OS code running on the console that got confused and disconnected you from ESO.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will check with Sony. Since they are going to have to deal with the refund.

Yet I maintain the notion that something is not right between the ESO, PS+ connection.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had this problem last night. It sort of fixed itself though. After getting the error, I closed out of the renewal thing, attempted to log in again and got the error again. I then went to dashboard and double checked my ps+ was active (i clicked the ps+ symbol on the dashboard).
    After that, it started working again.

This recent patch has brought in some weird screwiness; loading screen crashes on fast travel seem quite frequent now too.
    Edited by LukosCreyden on July 19, 2019 2:03PM
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.